It is a question for theJanty kiss box classic owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Hi Ned

I got mine in June and it's still pristine. Low use device though.

Emp

Emp to be honest with you I have not used it all the time as I have all these other dam devices to play with to.
From the second day the gold band on the atomiser started fading and also some of the connecting parts the gold has worn off them to.
The black unit came with top of the atomiser chipped anyway and because that unit leaks I've been using the silver unit more but in the last few days the lacquer on the silver is peeling off like it's been sunbathing.
But I have been told to return faulty parts which I will do this week but I don't think that will stop this paint coming off the next lot.
Emp what's the guarantee situation with these as the atomiser on the sedansa came with a five-year warranty but whether they will honour that as this is new technology who knows.
I just wondered what the atomiser batteries etc are guaranteed for.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
I had a lot of trouble with the KBs at the start and got loads of parts replaced, but they've been faultless since. I think Janty offer a one-year guarantee but I'm not sure. Seems like yours was a dog from the start, Ned, so maybe you should return the whole unit. Might be a bit frowned on if you've had it more than 30 days though.

Emp

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I had a lot of trouble with the KBs at the start and got loads of parts replaced, but they've been faultless since. I think Janty offer a one-year guarantee but I'm not sure. Seems like yours was a dog from the start, Ned, so maybe you should return the whole unit. Might be a bit frowned on if you've had it more than 30 days though.

Emp

Emp I don't think I've had it for 30 days yet I will check though. They told me in e-mail last week to send all faulty parts back and the cartridges I bought because I hate them mainly tobacco flavour and Marlborough which is nothing like I've had before more like soapy flavours yuck.
But I think I will send the completed units back to see if they will replace them as I have been happy with the kiss box and love the manual switch which is strange at first but love it now.
I also like the feel of it in my hand not as heavy as other pen styles another question Emp how long should these batteries be lasting many I suppose I'm getting two hours if I'm lucky but they are welded to my lips.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
I'm a lousy judge of battery life, Ned. I always have a couple perking and I switch them before they drain (Trog sez partial charges prolong battery life and he's the Batguru). I'm not doing any better than you, though. I tend to use the Classic on the USB cable, but I agree it feels great off the leash.

Emp

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Ned, in addition to propylene glycol being a terrific furniture polish, it apparently is a great paint remover. I haven't had this problem with my Janty Kissbox, which is only a month old now, but certainly had it with an older Health mini cig. The paint started coming off the brass atomizer shell until I finally just scraped it all off with a fingernail.

I blame this on leaking fluid. And I think leaks will cause eventual paint failure on any unit.

Battery life for me, heavily using the Kissbox over the others I own, is a half-day. I rarely let one die completely and keep one on charge most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread