Janty Kissbox Classic problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
I've had my Kissbox Classic for just over a week now. Today while smoking it the red light got stuck on and it got hot and burnt tasting vapor came out. I disconnected the battery and tried again only to have the same thing happen again. After this it seemed to be fine. Is this a cleaning cycle that I have been reading about? Not sure if this device has one or not. Also it has left an awful taste which has not entirely gone away yet after installing a new cartridge. Guess my questions would be if my atomizer got stuck on or is it a cleaning cycle? Any way to get rid of the awful burnt taste? Seems to be disapating after using it for a while but still detectable. If it is a cleaning cycle is there any warning signs its going happen as it tastes awful(if cigarettes tasted this bad I'd have quit years ago8-o) ?

What ever it was it greatly improved the function of the device. Was having trouble getting vapor from it since day 1 and now its producing tons of vapor!:D Seems to be working fine now since this event. Any feedback from owners of this unit would greatly be appreciated.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Clam--if the light stayed on and did not blink--the switch got stuck on. The cleaning cylce's in the units blink the led and many times you do not catch it so it takes the hit--that is why I use a passthough and a seperate atomizer when I use a battery so if I get hit with the dreaded cleaning cycle--it is only going to mess with one of my atomizers at a time--Happy vaping -Sun

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
I'm not really sure if it stayed on or blinked now as I was driving when it happened and I unscrewed the battery pretty quick. Its a taste you won't forget soon though.:shock:

Elle if it was a cleaning cycle I'm getting twice as much vapor now than before it happened. :)

I need to get some spare parts come payday so I have some extras.;)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I'm not really sure if it stayed on or blinked now as I was driving when it happened and I unscrewed the battery pretty quick. Its a taste you won't forget soon though.:shock:

Elle if it was a cleaning cycle I'm getting twice as much vapor now than before it happened. :)

I need to get some spare parts come payday so I have some extras.;)

Clam--nice taste--8-o That damn cycle should get the boot like Steve did with his new model at Puresmoker with the Pilot. Just keep track of how long the atomizer lasts now that it took a hit because many die the next day or two later after taking that much heat from the cycle---Sun:)

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Clam- Have you got an Auto Switch and a Manual Switch (If you bought it as a kit you should have) and if so which one where you using when it happened ?

Elle- i'ts supposed to clean any gunk that accumalates on the Atomiser but in reality it only serves to make your Atomiser taste like c**p.
It does'nt happen if you are using a usb passthru batt as it's set off by the ordinary battery after x amount (nobody's counted) of puffs.

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
Yuck...that burned cleaning cycle taste.

Whenever that happens I disconnect and boil the atomizer, then let it drain for no less than 3 days while taped to a wall. I would strongly advise against restarting the atomizer before the 3 days are up as I've done it before and it screws it up even more, like you're inhaling water through a snorkel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread