Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
A couple of people requested that I post my own thoughts on this when it arrived today, so here they are! Like Qorax, whose post had me pulling out my credit card about 20 minutes after drooling over his pictures, I am pretty impressed! Qorax, if you aren't getting paid for getting people to spend their money, you ought to be!

First off, this is no eXpromizer for sure. I have not a single complaint on workmanship so far. It arrived squeaky clean in a box with the same color scheme as their website. White with purple trim. Only the RTA itself was in the box. There are no additional, included accessories like spare o-rings or mini screwdrivers. I did view this as a con. Granted, I could have bought the o-ring kit at the site, but I was paying enough for the tank. I thought that they may include at least one set of spares, but I guess not. The screwdriver isn't a big loss. I have a ton of them around and frankly, I don't know what to do with them all.

I did splurge on the 22.8mm glass tank option, which arrived in a handy plastic container with a lid that can screw on and off. It's a nice, thick piece of glass, and I appreciate that. That said, as the glass extends out wider then the top and bottom caps, it does look a little strange. Still much more of a looker then the eXpromizer and the Kayfun in my opinion, but I can see some people maybe having an issue on that. Especially since if this tips over, the first thing that will make contact with any surface will be the glass. If you must use glass, I suggest getting two tanks. Also, it may be helpful if anyone can measure the exact dimensions of the glass in order to have a custom piece done by IBTanked or Phiniac should something happen to it.

Removing the top cap for the first time took some work, although that's likely a good thing. Wouldn't want it screwing off too easily I imagine. The threading itself however is buttery smooth. I can see why they choose to design this with a proprietary drip tip. The chimney extends all the way up. This appears to not only provide more juice real estate, it will likely also eliminate the vacuum seal issues I've had previously with the Kayfun due to a slightly misplaced o-ring. The eXpromizer also didn't have that issue, and was an improvement, however it did loose in the looks department where the Erlkonigin does not.

The airflow control ring on the bottom lends to the clean, elegant look of the tank without adding height. This location however means that you will need to remove the tank in order to adjust it. Still easier then the Kayfun Light with the airflow control in bottom though, as a screwdriver is uneccessary. The top cap filling system seems really handy to have. The holes are indeed, wide enough to allow for filling with any bottle, regardless of tip size.

So, that's it for now. Although it appears to be very clean, I find that I just need to go home and wash it before building on it. I'm little more OCD about that then I thought I was. Oddly enough, I was okay with just filling a new clearo and vaping, but I seem to need to clean all RDA's RBA's and RTA's before the build. I'll post more on that later!

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Congrats on the new atty!

Thanks! It's really quite pretty, but any picture I attempt wouldn't do it justice. I can't wait to get it vaping. Once I do, I'll add more to this post. It'll likely be a comparison to the Expromiser and my Kayfuns which are the only other two RTA's I have any experience with. I do hope that they consider including one set of spare o-rings in the future. I need to do some research on what size they are, or perhaps I'll just place another order on their site for parts.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
congrats on receiving the erlkonigin...look forward to your impressions post build. I have one shipping to me soon....didn't get any upgrades. Wanted to get her working and then go from there. Hopefully, if I'm impressed with it, I'll upgrade later and perhaps at such time they will be accepting credit cards. I really don't like paypal stealing my money, if I can avoid it.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Got my first build done, and she's vaping great! Fabulous flavor and throat hit. In fact, my tongue is actually going numb and I feel light headed. I think I may need to drop my nic level with this tank! It's a noisier tank then the Expromizer or the Kayfun, but the nicotine is REALLY hitting me hard, and the taste from it beats out the Kayfun for sure. I think this was a good buy over all!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
On my way to work so I've got some time to kill. I'm not entirely sure I wicked this properly, thus causing the noise. It could very well be over wicking, but the flavor and vapor are so sublime, and there is no leaking, that I'm more apt to believe this is simply a noisy tank. AFC can work a bit better I think. There doesn't seem to be too much different when I adjust it unless I completely remove the ring or tighten it all the way. Those who like a looser draw will likely want to remove it. I like a tighter draw, so I'm keeping it on.

This is surely better then a Kayfun, but I'm not so sure it vapes better then the Expromizer. For one thing, I'm not about to load this with the same juice my husband likes in his Expromizer. I really do despise that coffee flavor. This could very well be the difference in flavors, but the Expromizer just seems smoother to me when I take a draw. The flavor on the Erlkonigin seems to be more intense though, and I can tell its vaping somewhat better in its own way because I feel that need to lower my nic level with it. As of now, with this first tank, I'm going to say that if you want a smooth draw and silence, go for the Expromizer. If you want more intense flavor, go for the Erlkonigin. For the record, my build is with 28 gauge kanthal wrapped around a 1/16 drill bit with the coils compressed together, coming in at 1.7 ohms and wicked with organic Japanese cotton from Muji. The coil was so slim that I did not bother making my wick thinner for the juice channels. In fact, if I did, I'm sure this thing would absolutely gurgle.

In the looks department, the tear drop design on the Erlkonigin looks just great on my Provari without a beauty ring. I do use beauty rings though, as the gap is annoying to me. I may look into getting a ring with the tear drop design to go with the tank. I don't think I really needed to put the spacer disk on, even with the beauty ring. In fact, when the time comes to rewick, I will be taking the spacer out so the tank sits a bit more flush on the Provari.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Are you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly, no. I doubt I would either. When I see something I don't like about a product, I'm going to tell people about it, even if I think the product is generally thumbs up. Because of this, I doubt anyone would ever send me anything for free and certainly wouldn't pay me. It'd be nice if could support my vape habit doing this though. Ah well.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Maybe they'll make an Expro-konigin. ;) Some of the newer clones are getting inventive.

What I would do is add some threading to the base of the Erlkonigin. Then, use a ring like they do with those Kayfun Quartz kits to hold the glass tube on. This would make it possible to access the coil without needing to dump the tank. One of my pet peeves with the Kayfun and the Erkonigin. I'm sure it would add some bulk though, and I am loving the minimalist look of the Erlkonigin.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
The Erl is definitely changing my flavor prefs. My #2 is now my #1 and I'm looking to get my previous #1 out of there once I'm done with this tank. It's just too much. It's a higher nic then my other flavors and its a tobacco where as the one I'm loving right now is a fruit.

It's a hole different experience for me coming from the clearo's. Flavor times 1000; Yummy!!!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
The Erl is definitely changing my flavor prefs. My #2 is now my #1 and I'm looking to get my previous #1 out of there once I'm done with this tank. It's just too much. It's a higher nic then my other flavors and its a tobacco where as the one I'm loving right now is a fruit.

It's a hole different experience for me coming from the clearo's. Flavor times 1000; Yummy!!!

I could imagine! I went clearos to cartotanks, to various rebuildables like dripper, genesis style tanks and Kayfun style RTA's. I had an idea on how this would be, but I didn't know I would finally need to lower nic level.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
If I remember right, you can adjust it for how much juice it allows into the well. Maybe you can tweek it a little bit and get it to hit better. maybe it was some other tank I was reading about but I'm pretty sure it was the Erlkonigin.

You can adjust airflow easily, which affects the hit. I'm not getting a bad hit though. It's just noisy as far as RTA's go. There is a juice feeding ring which is meant to prevent flooding during pressure and temperature changes. If it is removed I can see how more juice can get to the coil, but I don't see where it can be tweeked exactly. It's there or not, you know? The Aqua has a juice feed I think....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread