It is official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
With the announcement of my business venture with IkenVape in his latest newsletter release, I am here to officially announce that us Canadians will also be privy to some much needed affordable mods. To do this, I am honoured that Jack has agreed to offer my line to the community.

Being lazy LOL, I will cut and paste what was said over the IKV sub as it took quite a while to compose.

Based on Isaac's newsletter, the cat has been let out of the bag. Over the past couple of weeks folks have been PMing me wrt my status change. In the beginning my intentions was to be a silent supplier. Unfortunately, ECF rules do not permit this, and I am totally cool with that.

In oder to bring an idea to fruition, one needs a launching platform. I know Isaac and I have been discussing various ideas in the past. He also had let me know that it would be cool if I did, and even encouraged me. So why choose IkenVape to launch my line? It is quite simple.

I have been toying with the idea of doing something during my retirement for quite some time. Being a former machinist and having embarked on the vaping wagon after many months and building my own devices, I toyed with the idea of making affordable devices for my fellow vapers. So I decided to take the plunge.

I have long been a customer and satisfied user of IKV products. This relationship goes back to the day I inquired about the Chameleon. Isaac is the one that got me thinking that perhaps there was an avenue to expand my retirement into doing something useful, and at the same time offer something to this wonderful community in return. Isaac and I discussed several options in the past and he has accepted to carry my line of mods.

Finding a suitable vendor was not an easy undertaking as I have strict standards of etiquette and personal integrity. In my opinion the fit was perfect because I admire what Isaac stands for not only as a vendor but as a human being. This particular partnership fits like hand and glove and I am looking forward in providing both Isaac and the community with my creations. Why IkenVape? because IkenVape offers a good quality product for a reasonable price. He (Isaac) is here to keep the community smoke free for the long haul and really cares about his customers, as attested to throughout the forum. His business model is one I wish to emulate and aspire to - putting my talents to good use assisting our community with devices that are high quality but yet affordable to the average consumer.

I have also selected Jack from Happy Vapor to also carry the Canadian side of the line. Why Jack? For all the aforementioned reasons, and the Canadian community are getting bored with 510s and eGos LOL. So now Canadians will have a source for affordable PVs as well.

This is not to be interpreted as Jack is second fiddle to anyone, everything that I wrote above applies as well to either vendor. The idea of developing a line of mods was discussed with Isaac first, then I approached Jack with carrying the line and he graciously accepted. It is indeed an honour to be associated with both these individuals.

I have been toying off and on for quite some time with the idea of doing something useful with my retirement to shorten the long dreary winter months. More importantly, how can I provide the community that has helped me so much, with an affordable PV? Better yet, how can I fabricate a PV that is both affordable yet functional, to set 'em apart from the other PVs that are out there? You've all heard me say it, a 3.7V device is a 3.7V device when all things are equal. It is the functionality/features of the PV that differentiates them amongst the sea of other 3.7V devices. So what makes mine special?

• it is not just a PV but collectible device;
  • it will be an all mechanical device;
  • it is a bottm fired device, yet extremely comfortable to fire;
  • it is designed around my favourite PV, the eGo, with a twist. You will be able to change your own battery;
  • it is also designed around the IKV line of attys. Why? They are top performers and although I may not be fussy wrt proprietary attys, it is a must. Without the cone, any atty will fit its native conenction;
  • the line is the "Bullet", scaled replicas of actual bullets;
  • they will come as a limited edition and be serial numbered for authenticity. Each unit coming with its own drip tip (shaped like the business end of a hollow point;
  • they will come in a variety of calibers, and only a total of 52 units of each caliber will ever be made. 25 for the US and 25 for Canada <---- not a math error, continue reading;
  • the first caliber to be released is the 308. Sporting a 16340 for an engine. topped with a 4bbl IKV LR 801 shorty. As someone else stated, it will get you there;
  • the second calibre will be the 7mm mag. Sproting a 14670 engine topped with either a 4bbl LR 510 or 306;
  • the third in the series will be the 50 cal, yup a big bullet for the big boys. This unit will accept the 18650 for 3.7V vaping or 2 x RCR123s for 6 or 7.4V. This will be only device in this particualr line that will be capable of HV and will sport an HV IKV shorty as a carburator;
  • the grand daddy of them all is the 20mm canon rd. Sporting a 26500 or 26650 as an engine, with a 4bbl LR shorty or standard 801s;
  • the entire line is developed around the AW battery because of their consistencies and performance. There will be some leeway in the build to accept other batteries, but the recommendation is to use the AW line. This way here every set of batteries you order, you will know they fit. I have tons of *fire series batts at home with large inconsistencies. Some of these batteries can be compensated via springs ect... some just don't fit or will only work in a certain device. Since I am about quality, that is why I have chosen and endorse the use of AW batteries;
  • each unit will be functionally tested prior to leaving the "bear cave". No unit will leave without passing QA. This should be relatively easy to ensure as I am not into mass production. Each unit will be individually fitted and tested, and they will be one of a kind; and
  • the released units in each series will be numbered 2-26. I will be reserving the #1s of each run (US1 and CD1) and offer them as a commemorative set in a handcrafted velour box. If all goes well, I anticipate the 2 commemorative sets will be available for Christmas.
In closing, the anticipated release of the 308 has been moved to the right by 2-4 weeks. Isaac received and tested the 1st proto. We discovered some much needed tweaking and our findings will be addressed. I had tested the unit prior to it being sent out, however I did not put it through its paces so to speak. Therefore I informed Isaac not to ship it off to Jack as I was not happy with the outcome, although the issues were minor, I simply was not satisfied. What can I say. I am fussy. The quick shipping of Proto 1 was more for approval of concept, rather than the full fucntionality of a production model. I will be thoroughly testing Proto 2 before it goes out. Tweaking during the production run if required and, should not extend my target date which originally was set for mid to end March, and subsequent releases at 6 week intervals.

Regardless of popularity, there will be no subsequent runs after original release. 26 units in each calibre will only ever be manufactured. All warranty issues will be handle by me as I have absolved both vendors of this responsibility. I am looking forward to this venture and I hope all will enjoy the product. Switched has his finger on the pulse :)

Last edited:

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Sweet man! Congrats. Sounds like you'll be busy :)

I'll definitely be buying something of yours when available. When I first moved away from the eGo for bigger mods the only thing that made me second guess it was the lack of cone on other mods. Awesome to know that i'll soon be able to vape at higher voltages and use a cone :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Sweet man! Congrats. Sounds like you'll be busy :)

I'll definitely be buying something of yours when available. When I first moved away from the eGo for bigger mods the only thing that made me second guess it was the lack of cone on other mods. Awesome to know that i'll soon be able to vape at higher voltages and use a cone :)

I hear you bro, I hear you. Thanks :) I feel the same way about my eGo. I am fortunate I have built my own VV version some time back, and yes it is sweet.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Had a look at the ikenvape site. Seems like quality stuff. I'd love to try a cartomizer or two.

Does your partnership mean that there will be a Canadian distributor, as opposed to shipping from the states?

Perhaps you didn't notice but we are in Canada, in the Happy Jack's sub :). Jack is the sole distributor of the line in Canada, as Isaac will be the sole distributor in the US. If one vendor is out before the other, I see no qualms with cross border shopping, money is green. The only difference will be the serial #. US for the units sold in the US and CD for the units sold in Canada. Hope that answers your question. Price point will be very similar as agreed upon, there is some flexibility in price point but not something to run to the hills about with the dollar being at over close to par in the past year or two.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks Red. Yup! I believe they were both cut from the same cloth as far as I am concerned. I have been dealing with Jack ever since I started vaping. Unfortunately my needs grew as a vaper and couldn't be met in Canada. I have discussed this with Jack on several occasions wrt sourcing mods from Canada. Little did I know at the time that I was talking about myself :lol: It is something we as Canucks need and I hope I can fill the niche. We have a very small and limited market here in Canada, not to mention the delicate nature of vaping in the Great White North.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
How can I get CDN #7 ? :p Should be out in time for my 1 year.

If Ms Murphy doesn't play havoc on me, it should be out to help you celebrate your birthday. Wrt CD7 it will be the luck of the draw I am afraid. To some this may not seem fair, but it is the way it is, to be fair. OTOH for the real collector the commemorative set at the end of the final run with a December intended release, should ensure true collectors will see their value undiminished. Being up front, although the entire line is extremely affordable the entire set will be pricey as one can imagine but of great value nonetheless.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Congrats Switched. So now the real question I have is how do I pre order??????? Can we count this post for 308 S/N US0001??? Best of luck with the new venture and I am certain these will be really cool. Just tell me where to send the check!!!

Unfortunately there is not and will not be any pre-orders. As I stated in the original thread, this entire venture is funded solely by me as I don't believe the membership should fund R&D. I am fine with vendors that do pre-orders, it is my character that precludes me from doing so. I do not do pre-advertising to promote sales e.g get in now because after initial release the price will go up. It is nothing more than a marketing strategy IMO, which many have failed to deliver.

Issac, Jack and myself will work something out wrt when the individual lines will be released. The lines may be available for release but the sales may be in spurts on the first day to allow folks that may be at work or otherwise engage to acquire a one. After the first day, it is first come first served. It is the only way to be fair to all: the membership and the mfr/vendors.

This entire venture is self funded for all of us, in other words should the product fail the members are not out any money. The intent is to get the product in and move it out. Product that sits on shelves eats up capital. On the other hand, filling pre-orders may lead to sub-standard product, something I am not about. There is no mass production of these units, each one is hand made. At the same time, this makes the mod affordable to everyone and release dates more controllable.

For the inquiring minds out there, there is 71 steps involved in the manufacturing of this simple PV which only has 7 parts.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
wow, congrats switched!! I'm eagerly looking forward to this venture and wish you all the best with it. So much for a "full retirement" eh? I'll definitely be getting one as you've been instrumental in helping me advance from the eGo to mods and quality products... I've come a long way since that day we met at that meet and I couldn't have done it without you! so which thread should I sticky to get the jump on getting one? :D

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
You should be fine here Fit. The Canadian market is slower than the US. That being said, do not sit on your laurels because my job is to move product in and out of Isaac and Jack. When Isaac runs out, I am sure Jack will receive an American invasion LOL.

If all goes well, Jack should have proto2 for the meet on the 1st. Should being the operative word. I am waiting for the attys from Isaac and then I'll ship it off to Jack. No promises, but my intent is to have it there for the meet. Should kill 2 birds with one stone. Show the product and increase the numbers of attendees. Did I tell you I get a commission on bar sales :lol:

On another note hows the box working out for you? PM me.

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but some illnesses prevented me from doing so!

Now that I'm feeling better, I'd like to say that we're honoured to be offering these devices! I hope these will make many more people Happy Vapers!!!

Thanks to Switched for stepping up to the plate and doing such beautiful work!

Happy Vaping!
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread