Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
It finally happened.

It rained!!

We had about two and a quarter inches, little tornado's were zipping all around the countryside and we just sat outside on the porch and watched it happen.

We have a small tornado shelter built in the center of the house and one black cloud and real heavy wind sent us chasing in there ... just to check things out you know.

Our weather alert radio was constant tornado warnings, severe storm warnings and we got some quarter sized hail and for a while, near constant lightening strikes. There were half a dozen trees down across our dirt road and before dark the rain let up a little and I went out there with the tractor and got the road cleared of trees.

Turned out the County boys were coming in from the other end and we met near the middle. Saved me a lot of work.

And of course, we lost our electricity. Its back on ... for the moment, so I thought I'd get on here real quick and let y'all know what's happening. More storms are expected tonight so we'll be losing the electricity again.

I'll try to be on here as much as I can though.

How y'all doing?

TT

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
OH GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I know that will make a huge difference in the dust and air quality around there :)

We have been lucky enough to get those afternoon storms the last few days. I love the rain but these storms have been so violent lately that it gets scary!

We lost our power too but so far only for short periods :) I know that you have a safe room so stay safe!

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I guess we're about three miles from the little town up the road, but apparently the storm really tore up the town. They were just showing some of it on television and there are trees down on a bunch of houses and trailers and damage in several parts of the town.

I'm wondering if one of those little tornados didn't go through there ...

Looked pretty bad on TV.

And I'm hearing thunder as I write this.

Sure am glad to get the rain, but sad to see all the damage.

TT

DeXTeR

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Valley Head, Alabama
www.vaporjunction.com
We finally got a hot sunny day! Wahoo! See, My naked solstice rain dance did good and sent my rain to you guys!
You can thank me by sending some ointment for my sunburn...shoulda danced after dark I think.

We need pics in order to send the ointment.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Thanks for sending the storms to me TT...we got it about 2am. It got really bad but no twisters here this time. I live pretty close to Reading, KS which had a twister take the whole town out not too long ago. Really sad. Hubby and I went there to help with the cleanup.

Stay safe.

Whew, hairball. I think everyone in this part of the south and midwest was glad to see this rain.

My wife used to go out with some church people to places like Reading back when we were younger and would help with relief work and clean up. Some of the stories she would come back with would make you just want to empty out your bank account and send it to those people.

The people in Kansas know more about bad storms and tornados than I ever will. You have to admire their personal strength and perseverance to stay there and try to make a living. And when these disasters happen they just seem to smile and say "we'll rebuild. We always do." Tough, tough people.

I think in the town up the road it was just trees being knocked over onto houses and trailers but I'm told there were no fatalities or serious injuries. Thank God for that. I'm going to get up there in a little while and take a look around and see if there's anything I can do. A lot of times I can take my tractor and help pull trees off structures and things like that. Too old to do much else, but there's lots of younger people there to help.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask. Isn't that a new kitty cat in your avatar? Really cute!

TT

SecondChance

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2010
Moody, Texas
OMG! T, Sarge does look a lot like you!! I got rain too! Yipee! of course lost some tree limbs and such as well...but hey So thankful for the rain and no serious damage or injury in my area!!

jca, glad you have some headed your way... I was born in CC...have not been back in several years though..hope the rain makes it down there!!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I never did make it to town to check out the storm damage. The reason I didn't was because there were trees down the length of our road. So I came back and got my tractor and went out and started pulling them out of the roadway.

There was one place where the trees were stacked way up on each other across the road and it sure looked like a small tornado came through there and piled them up. While I was working on that pile the County boys had come in from the other direction getting trees out of the road so with their help we got it done pretty fast.

Came back to the house and showered then it was nap time.

Naps are a lot more fun than dragging downed trees.

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread