It will be just like starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! It seems I forgot all about this forum, but it seems it remembers me.

I'm just going to give the TL;DR on my situation. I had two battery failures and tanks needed replacing, also ran out of juice. I found that I could limp by on the batteries I had, but could either get a new tank OR more juice. Or 3 packs of cigs to get me through 2 weeks. Opted for the cigs. (The upside was that, because of vaping low nic juice, I had gone grom 2 packs a day to about half).

Fast forward two years: I hadn't completely stopped vaping, but seemed to be making real bad choices or having incredibly bad luck. Or both. The average price for smokes here (Portland, Or area) jumped to about $7. Got my first decent paycheck (that wasn't already spent) in nine months and decided to go back to vaping full time, and bought some cheap gear on eBay (I'll let you know how it turns out. Kinda wish I would have remembered this forum BEFORE I did it...) and am waiting for it to come in. I am currently limping by on a Rofvape Warlock Peas that I bought last year for a trip, but the pods are dying and my local vape shop doesn't have anymore. Just my luck. :)

Looking for helpful suggestions on what I'm getting and what I presently have.
Getting (all bought on the cheap):
Jomo Lite40. I've mostly heard "Good mod, tank sucks. Replace it."
3 eGo-T 1100 mAh w/CE4 clearomizers. Silly question: Will this work with other eGo threaded clearomizers?

As for what I have (that isn't a write off):
2 batteries from V4l. An eGo 900mAh and a Dial A Volt. Both 808d threaded. I never really liked the tanks or the cartomizers or the tanks V4L offered. Any recommendations?
I also have a SMOK TFV4 Nano tank from a Stick One Basic (that has a busted charge port...). I figure this will work on the Lite40 (0.25 ohm, 30 - 60v). I really liked that setup. until it broke.

Again, and suggestions or advice will be appreciated.
JDL

Reactions: Diver9543

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I had been vaping on old stuff, until my trusty old Provaris started failing and quite frankly, the tank I was using didn't really create that tasty a vape. I jumped on here and asked Baditude for a few recommendations. I ended up with a Jac Vapour DNA 75 mod and a Uwell Crown tank. They have new versions of that tank, which you might prefer. I've also gotten a couple of Geek Vapor mods, because they are known to be hard to destruct. haha. I am also waiting for the new one to come out, which supposedly will be sometime this month.

I am thrilled with the flavor I am getting out of the new tank. So much better than what I had been using.

I had been vaping on old stuff, until my trusty old Provaris started failing and quite frankly, the tank I was using didn't really create that tasty a vape. I jumped on here and asked Baditude for a few recommendations. I ended up with a Jac Vapour DNA 75 mod and a Uwell Crown tank. They have new versions of that tank, which you might prefer. I've also gotten a couple of Geek Vapor mods, because they are known to be hard to destruct. haha. I am also waiting for the new one to come out, which supposedly will be sometime this month.

I am thrilled with the flavor I am getting out of the new tank. So much better than what I had been using.

That Aegis Solo looks nice. Gives me a good idea how much to save up for.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hello! It seems I forgot all about this forum, but it seems it remembers me.

I'm just going to give the TL;DR on my situation. I had two battery failures and tanks needed replacing, also ran out of juice. I found that I could limp by on the batteries I had, but could either get a new tank OR more juice. Or 3 packs of cigs to get me through 2 weeks. Opted for the cigs. (The upside was that, because of vaping low nic juice, I had gone grom 2 packs a day to about half).

Fast forward two years: I hadn't completely stopped vaping, but seemed to be making real bad choices or having incredibly bad luck. Or both. The average price for smokes here (Portland, Or area) jumped to about $7. Got my first decent paycheck (that wasn't already spent) in nine months and decided to go back to vaping full time, and bought some cheap gear on eBay (I'll let you know how it turns out. Kinda wish I would have remembered this forum BEFORE I did it...) and am waiting for it to come in. I am currently limping by on a Rofvape Warlock Peas that I bought last year for a trip, but the pods are dying and my local vape shop doesn't have anymore. Just my luck. :)
I’m not even finding any in the US at all. I’m a garbage googler though. There are people here who are not. Perhaps a more competent internet search will turn up something you can order in a few days.
There are these https://www.fasttech.com/p/8828900
It will possibly take a month or more to get to you though. China connection is slow.
Looking for helpful suggestions on what I'm getting and what I presently have.
Getting (all bought on the cheap):
Jomo Lite40. I've mostly heard "Good mod, tank sucks. Replace it."
3 eGo-T 1100 mAh w/CE4 clearomizers. Silly question: Will this work with other eGo threaded clearomizers?
yes. It will also work with 510 threaded
As for what I have (that isn't a write off):
2 batteries from V4l. An eGo 900mAh and a Dial A Volt. Both 808d threaded. I never really liked the tanks or the cartomizers or the tanks V4L offered. Any recommendations?
they’re not even worth their weight in toxic incendiary metal. Recycle appropriately.
I also have a SMOK TFV4 Nano tank from a Stick One Basic (that has a busted charge port...). I figure this will work on the Lite40 (0.25 ohm, 30 - 60v). I really liked that setup. until it broke.
betting the port is microUSB2? They do that. Also being SMOK does that all by itself. The local SMOK rep is that it makes better tanks than it does mods though.

Again, and suggestions or advice will be appreciated.
JDL[/QUOTE]

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Not sure what you’re looking for, but I’ll say this, I’ve bought vape stuff from eBay, but there are better places to get it. Try fasttech, eight vape, direct vapor, my freedom smokes, and others you’ll see references to all over the forums.

If you can describe what you want, we can offer tons of good ideas for you. Pod? Internal battery? Mtl? Dl? Price range?

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I looked, but didn't find a Uwell Crown tank for MTL vapors. That's a shame. I haven't spent any money on vaping this month and was ready to place an order! :p

I’m not even finding any in the US at all. I’m a garbage googler though. There are people here who are not. Perhaps a more competent internet search will turn up something you can order in a few days.
There are these https://www.fasttech.com/p/8828900
It will possibly take a month or more to get to you though. China connection is slow.
Yeah, I finally located some on Aliexpress for slightly cheaper. Either way, it all comes from China. Unfortunately, China Post takes 2 weeks to 3 months to arrive... I may not bother.

yes. It will also work with 510 threaded
Good to know. Thanks!

they’re not even worth their weight in toxic incendiary metal. Recycle appropriately.
LOL! Had a feeling. Of course, I was never unhappy with the batteries, just most of the stuff that screwed onto it!

betting the port is microUSB2? They do that. Also being SMOK does that all by itself. The local SMOK rep is that it makes better tanks than it does mods though.
Yep, microUSB. Guy at the vape shop said he was surprised that I got 9 months of service from it. I did like having a real tank and, like I said, I think I can use it on the new mod.

Thank you for the info!

Unless I missed it: are you looking for a cigarette-like experience - like the Peas - or do you think you want to move to a mod with a sub-ohm tank?...or something else?

The recommendations will be better and more specific if you can give a bit more info. :)

Well, the Peas was bought because it was cheap and I needed something for a trip. Actually surprised it still works.

I do swap back and forth with what I want, it depends on my mood. I like a cigalike when I'm working (I work on a small ranch, so I'm usually out in the field or in a barn) and something small I can keep in my pocket. When I just want to have a good vape, I really liked that SMOK stick with the sub-ohm tank! Once I got my hands on some 70% VG, it was fantastic.

At this point, the only real question I have is are there 808D threaded tanks (besides the ones from V4L) that I can slap on my old batteries, or should I just take bombastinator's advice and Recycle appropriately.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
At this point, the only real question I have is are there 808D threaded tanks (besides the ones from V4L) that I can slap on my old batteries,

There are small 808D/510 adapters that will allow you to put one on your 808D battery and use a 510 threaded tank on it. I'd do a Google search to find a vendor in the US who sells them.

Regarding AliExpress that you're thinking of ordering from...I wouldn't recommend it, based on past experience with several sellers on there. Definitely wouldn't buy from DHGate either, even though you didn't mention them. It took me more than 2 months to get my $300+ back from them, when a seller didn't really have what he was selling on there, and he couldn't get it either. They wanted me to post positive feedback for him in exchange for getting my money back! Nope...no way I'd lie and do that.

FastTech on the other hand...has been really great to deal with. I frequently place orders with them. It does take some time to get orders, but it's usually no more than 2-2 1/2 weeks from order date to when it's delivered.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
808d to 510Adapters happen. They’re probably all old stock, but they don’t go bad, so smaller shops may have one lying around. Also they’re cheap.
Here’s one I googled up:

510 to 808 adapter

There are others though. You might find one cheaper/closer to you.

As for native 808d atomizers, I’d avoid it. 808d is even older than the 510 standard. All that was ever made that I know of was cigalike cartos.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I looked, but didn't find a Uwell Crown tank for MTL vapors. That's a shame. I haven't spent any money on vaping this month and was ready to place an order! :p
The OG has a 1.2 coil that's decent and af is pretty versatile. Personally I think a innokin zenith is better for mtl.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@JoeDLion188 - Here's definitely the best deal I've found....$.25 each! Might be well worth getting several at that dirt cheap price! Description says: "The adapter screws onto 808 threads (slim bottom side) and the flared top side is 510 threads."

I didn't check on their exact location, but... their business hours are shown as being Pacific Standard Time...so they are a US vendor and even in your own time zone, too!

Vapage Crystal XL to Titan Adapter 808 Base to 510 Top Adapter

Last edited:
808d to 510Adapters happen. They’re probably all old stock, but they don’t go bad, so smaller shops may have one lying around. Also they’re cheap.
Here’s one I googled up:

510 to 808 adapter

There are others though. You might find one cheaper/closer to you.

Thank you! My Google-fu is weak! I could only find adapters to use 808d on 510.

As for native 808d atomizers, I’d avoid it. 808d is even older than the 510 standard. All that was ever made that I know of was cigalike cartos.

You're probably right about that. The little cartomizers worked great on the thing, but they're just this side of disposable.

@JoeDLion188 - Here's definitely the best deal I've found....$.25 each! Might be well worth getting several at that dirt cheap price! Description says: "The adapter screws onto 808 threads (slim bottom side) and the flared top side is 510 threads."

I didn't check on their exact location, but... their business hours are shown as being Pacific Standard Time...so they are a US vendor and even in your own time zone, too!

Vapage Crystal XL to Titan Adapter 808 Base to 510 Top Adapter

That's is cheap! Now, to find out shipping cost.

According to their FAQ, they're north of LA. I'm in Oregon, so it should take less time to get here than from China... :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Crown tanks are designed to be DTL, but in my experience if you close the air control ring down to almost closed, and replacing the original drip tip with a more restrictive narrow bore drip tip, it will function quite well as a MTL tank.

I've been using the original Crown tanks for nearly 4 years, and they are my favorite "of all time" tanks. But I have recently stopped recommending them because there is talk that Uwell is discontinuing them and their replacement coils. That IS a shame. :(

Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Crown tanks are designed to be DTL, but in my experience if you close the air control ring down to almost closed, and replacing the original drip tip with a more restrictive narrow bore drip tip, it will function quite well as a MTL tank.

I've been using the original Crown tanks for nearly 4 years, and they are my favorite "of all time" tanks. But I have recently stopped recommending them because there is talk that Uwell is discontinuing them and their replacement coils. That IS a shame. :(

Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

I'm starting to get tired of my Kayfun Lites. I've bought a stack of MTL atomizers over the last couple of years. Right now I'm vaping an EHPro True and liking it. The hard part of choosing 24mm and 25mm atomizers is finding the ones that are flavorful AND hold 4ml juice and up. I don't really care for 2ml attys unless I'm vaping around home.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm starting to get tired of my Kayfun Lites. I've bought a stack of MTL atomizers over the last couple of years. Right now I'm vaping an EHPro True and liking it. The hard part of choosing 24mm and 25mm atomizers is finding the ones that are flavorful AND hold 4ml juice and up. I don't really care for 2ml attys unless I'm vaping around home.
The Cerberus tank that came on my Geekvape Aegis Mini is 25mm and is pretty flavorful. I think the bubble tank has a 5 ml capacity.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread