itaste mvp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chorltonjay

Aug 13, 2014
london
Hi all just bought an itaste mvp 2 and I have to say it's a great bit of kit for the money. I was using a vamo v5 with a iclear 30 as my daily vape but now switched to mpv and nautilus mini with five pawns juice and it's fantastic . It's battery life is brilliant and has power out option for charging iphone etc .It's slick it's cool and I would recommend to anyone who is looking for first vv / vw mod

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi, im so glad it's working well for you! Mvp2 was the first mod I ever got be sides the ego types. I really loved mine . I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine. Only reason I upgraded was because I got into building and wanted something with a more wattage that will run a low resistance build. I currently am using a ipv2 50 watt box mod and love it! But unless you start building, the mvp2 should meet all your needs. It's a great little device!! In fact, I used the heck out of mine , it's been dropped, and heavily used but was still going strong when I upgraded! I'm sure you won't have any trouble with yours! Enjoy.

NymeriaSand

Jul 30, 2014
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm still waiting on my mvp 2, protank 2 and protank 3 mini coming! Ordered it from fasttech, cheaper but slow delivery. It's only been a week though, I'm just being impatient. Glad I've got my itaste vv 3 to keep me happy, getting a bit sick of my iclear 16's however. Having to wait til my wage comes in on fri so I can start ordering some new liquids, also sucks!

I can see this becoming a new obsession of mine [emoji4]

bobrob

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
North Carolina, USA
wiredrake.com
The fact that the battery will fade and cannot be replaced is my doubt.

The MVP2 is a great device. I've used mine every day for over 6 months, and haven't had any battery life problems. Compare the $40 for the MVP to how many batteries (and chargers) you'll have to buy in a year or two, and it comes out pretty even I think.

Buy it. Like I tell all my friends considering it, you'll eventually have one anyway. Every vaper I know has one somewhere. You won't be sorry.

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
The MVP us great for those who are ready to step up from an ego-style battery but still want to keep things simple. I got mine a week and a half ago from 101vape and have been using it pretty much on a daily basis. Only had to charge it once so far, great battery life. I've read both good and bad things about the iClear 30 clearo that comes with the MVP, but I personally like mine. It goes through the juice, but it also gives great, intense flavor and decent vapor output. Can't go wrong with the MVP!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I am having issues with my MVP 2. I am currently on my 2nd silver one. Less than 24 hours after getting it, it stopped working and the battery would not take a charge. The replacement from my local vape shop will not charge my phone as easily as the one that died (testing the capability) and the battery life seems to be about 2 days of light use since I switched back to the pen. My husband doesn't have the same issues with the blue one.

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
The fact that the battery will fade and cannot be replaced is my doubt.

Even if you only get 200 charge cycles out of it (probably less than you would get) at only 2 days each (probably less than you would get), that is 400 days for 40 bucks. I have never seen anyone say they had one die of old age.

NymeriaSand

Jul 30, 2014
Glasgow, Scotland
I wish you the best with the Protank 2. I spent more time cleaning mine than using it. I would fill it properly, it would work fine, then I would use it and the atomizer would be flooded and it would be leaking out of the drip tip. I went with the iclear 30s less than 24 hours later and do not have these issues.
Yeh I read mixed opinions about it, it was so cheap on fasttech I thought f-it might as well try it. The mvp is coming with an iclear 30, I also ordered a kanger evod 2 haha! Plus the protank 3 mini, I read that works better if you change the bdc for a bvc. Will need to wait and see.

From reading all the threads on tanks/clearomisers it seems everyone has different experiences with them so decided I'll try the ones that are popular and see what happens!

Waiting to get paid before I can order the very highly recommended aspire nautilus! Couldn't find it on fasttech so I'm going to have to pay full price for it, at least it will get here quickly [emoji4]

Ed Kindred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, Texas, United States
My wife & I are the same way. I have 6 Protank 2's, 2 Aerotank V2's and a Mega. None of mine ever gurgle and all of them vape better for me than the iclears. We discovered that she was drawing on them much harder than me. When she slows down just a little the issues are solved.

Last edited:

bobrob

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
North Carolina, USA
wiredrake.com
i have a protank 2 on my other vape, but wouldn't fire in the mvp 2.0 please help thanks

You might need to change the coil on your iclear 16. Or you might need to turn down the power on the MVP.

The protank 2 should work on your MVP 2. I used that exact setup for quite a while. It is possible that the pin at the bottom of the protank isn't connecting with the pin of the MVP 2 (this happens sometimes with the MVP). The easiest fix is to get an Airflow Control Base for the Protank 2 (google it, you'll find it easily), which also makes the Protank 2 a much better vape. Less than $5, no tools required, great investment if you like the Protank.

Another option is the MVP pin fix. It isn't hard to do, but if you have to do this a lot, the pin will get loose eventually (supposedly.. never had it happen to mine though)

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
What is the best set up for it? I have the iclear 16 that came with it and i'm getting a burned taste, only thread i found "new member and have to post on new forum or something in that sort, but really want this taste to go away, i have a protank 2 on my other vape, but wouldn't fire in the mvp 2.0 please help thanks

Are you getting a "NON" reading with the Protank 2? You may need to work the 510 center pin up using a small screwdriver. Some can do it with a toothpick. Be careful in not tightning your atty's down to hard. Finger tight should do it.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I have 2 now and it's great for all day vaping. I want to eventually get into lower/sub ohms and rebuildable tanks but I'll never be without an MVP. Yes, it has a limited life but should last me a year at least and I don't have to hassle with changing and charging batteries for my everyday carry. I have the mini Nautilus too and what a fine pairing this is. The way things are changing so fast there will be something better in no time but for now it's perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread