Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Sorry to be a pest, but another thought, when an Ithaka owner that has back up parts goes to register thier Ithaka, would they have 2 serial numbers to register or even more than one serial number assigned to the one unit, just seems confusing and a nightmare for the people who keep track of the registry,

SOrry Imeo I know you are working hard and doing your best, and you do more than best. I guess Im just disappointed that after waiting all this time for them to get here, I have to wait even longer, as I have to send them off to vape n shine to have the serial numbers buffed off.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Sorry to be a pest, but another thought, when an Ithaka owner that has back up parts goes to register thier Ithaka, would they have 2 serial numbers to register or even more than one serial number assigned to the one unit, just seems confusing and a nightmare for the people who keep track of the registry,

SOrry Imeo I know you are working hard and doing your best, and you do more than best. I guess Im just disappointed that after waiting all this time for them to get here, I have to wait even longer, as I have to send them off to vape n shine to have the serial numbers buffed off.

No problem, as Imeo said, we can leave an additional note on your Ithaka registration record, on the "Additional Data" field, informing it is an additional Ithaka's engraved ring.

Those spare Ithaka's engraved rings can be used on Odysseus, but I think those rings should be registered on the Ithaka's serial numbers list, as a single engraved ring or as an additional part of a full Ithaka.

The only problem I see, if that someone maliciously could want to register a single Ithaka's engraved ring as a full Ithaka, it would be useful if Imeo have a record of the serial numbers of single Ithaka's rings.

Anothe problem could be if somebody have bought an Ithaka engraved ring to use with one of that bad Ithaka's clones, an try to register it as an original Ithaka. That would not happen if we have a record of the serial numbers of single (spares) Ithaka's engraved rings, but with many new Ithakas and spare Ithaka's engraved rings, it could be very difficult, because, assuming we have a record of the serial numbers of Ithakas spare engraved rings, the sellers could swap the engraved rings before selling or delivering full Ithakas.

Anyway, the real problem would be if someone trys to sell an Ithaka clone with an original Ithaka's engraved ring as a whole original Ithaka, but I think is responsibility of the buyer to identify, research and ask if the Ithaka he is buying is an original one.

I think it is not difficult to identify the Ithaka "clones", although they call them "clones", those are easily identifiable as not original ones.

Each one that buys an Ithaka from a not authorized seller (or third party), is responsible to find out or research if the ithem he is buying is an original GG product.

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
No problem, as Imeo said, we can leave an additional note on your Ithaka registration record, on the "Additional Data" field, informing it is an additional Ithaka's engraved ring.

Those spare Ithaka's engraved rings can be used on Odysseus, but I think those rings should be registered on the Ithaka's serial numbers list, as a single engraved ring or as an additional part of a full Ithaka.

The only problem I see, if that someone maliciously could want to register a single Ithaka's engraved ring as a full Ithaka, it would be useful if Imeo have a record of the serial numbers of single Ithaka's rings.

Anothe problem could be if somebody have bought an Ithaka engraved ring to use with one of that bad Ithaka's clones, an try to register it as an original Ithaka. That would not happen if we have a record of the serial numbers of single (spares) Ithaka's engraved rings, but with many new Ithakas and spare Ithaka's engraved rings, it could be very difficult, because, assuming we have a record of the serial numbers of Ithakas spare engraved rings, the sellers could swap the engraved rings before selling or delivering full Ithakas.

Anyway, the real problem would be if someone trys to sell an Ithaka clone with an original Ithaka's engraved ring as a whole original Ithaka, but I think is responsibility of the buyer to identify, research and ask if the Ithaka he is buying is an original one.

I think it is not difficult to identify the Ithaka "clones", although they call them "clones", those are easily identifiable as not original ones.

Each one that buys an Ithaka from a not authorized seller (or third party), is responsible to find out or research if the ithem he is buying is an original GG product.

Basically I would register a single engraved ring as one Ithaka. One never knows what will happen in the future - today its a spare, then come more spares and you end up buying a few parts to create another full unit.
The main thing is that the ring is registered for that person.

With regards to the cloning issue - scares me!

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Got my ithaka today. #6213. Set out up with dual coil straight wicks, 1 ohm double wicks. Not impressed, so I went with dual coil x wicks, .5 ohm double wicks. All I can say is WOW. Way better than my kayfun. Can't wait to throw ekowool and some ribbon wire. Next, a ggts to replace my mkb. The ithaka just doesn't feel right on a fake gg.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

X style is the way to go, but if you ever do side-by-side again, just make sure that you pinch the 2 wicks very close to each other and that will help to improve the vapor production.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If you have an ody, that topcap should work.

Thats cool, love the Ody small top cap, cant wait to play mix and match when my parts get here later today.

BTW, I know it sounds petty, about the numbers, but I really do like minimalistic when it comes to my devices. That a big part of my hesitance to getting the GG PVs. Not that I dont think they are amazing or beautiful, I just like simple , its the same with all the things I own. I dont like purses, glasses or jewelry , shoes that have logos or tags that take away from the design. I like to have quality speak for itself. But thats just me and my weird quirks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread