Ithaka: Vitually No Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am upgrading from an eGo-Twist battery and VapeOnly BCC Mega tank to the Ithaka and Just GG. I am still waiting for my Just GG so I have a very top heavy eGo (no pun intended).

I have a parallel dual coil at .75 ohm (two 1.5s) with 3mm silica and keeping my eGo at 4 volts. I have used 100/0 VG with almost no vapor, I have used 50/50 pg/vg, almost no vapor, and last 70/30 pg/vg and you guessed, almost no vapor.
The first build, I got little to no vapor but is also really hurt the back of my throat. I remedied the hurt, but not the lack of vapor.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

manos3906

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
iraklio kreta
if you keep this setup on Ithaka and place it on JGG you will be speachless
if you want to put Ithaka on ego, you must make two coils at 3ohms each ,0,13mm res wire
or make a single at 1,3ohms and up (any wire you want,but not to fat)

(ego batteries are to weak)

hey Stelio,you are faster then me?:lol:

Last edited:
Damns (can I say that?), I was hoping it was me and not the battery. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY JUST GG. Good customer service has it's price but, for a good product I can wait.
I guess till then I will be taking one of my coils off...

Thank you both for your time!
I don't think I can like posts yet, is there a pre req' for liking posts?

Last edited:

Supacrazyguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Swieqi , Malta
Damns (can I say that?), I was hoping it was me and not the battery. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY JUST GG. Good customer service has it's price but, for a good product I can wait.
I guess till then I will be taking one of my coils off...

Thank you both for your time!
I don't think I can like posts yet, is there a pre req' for liking posts?

It seems you have little understanding of batteries . Do yourself a favour and read up on it (safety) , the GG are some of the safest devices out there but they won't save you from ignorance (the perfect example would be spare change in you pockets with batteries , this will give you a very nasty burn ) . I'm not saying this to undermine you , I just don't want you to hurt yourself being that larger batteries can be very dangerous in the uninformed hands .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Then you can use until then single coil of 1.8 ohm it will work better on the ego.
You can wrap on the 2 wick like Imeo post on you tube its working great.
Or you can wrap it on single wick on cross the other one above with no coil for
For more wet vapor like so: image.jpg image.jpg
I use this methos for some 40 days and then Imeo method and it just fine.
With Ithaka I get very good V.T.F. And I have mods and IMR batteries but for me it's fine.
If you make your coil good then a single coil is good.
Remember oddy were made for single coil and was very good.
The Ithaka have the option but we dont must to use dual coil.
I prefer to use the 4 channels for better wick area.
I also wait for the Just GG's but I'm having great time with the Ithakas now as well.
Cheers :toast:

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I remember I used to use a Penelope on an eGo, and I thought that was top heavy. So I just had to try putting my Ithaka on an eGo now to see how it would look. Surprisingly it wasn't that bad.

But yes, an eGo isn't going to be able to handle .75 ohms, especially not at 4 volts. The good news is that eGos have electronics to protect them or else it likely would have exploded, or at the least you would have permanently destroyed the battery.

I would like to stress a few of the points made above. That coil setup will work spectacularly on your JustGG, but be sure to use high drain batteries. AW IMR, Efest IMR, MNKE IMR, Panasonic CGR, or the newer Panasonic NCR18650PD (but not the NCR18650B). Do not use ICR because they would likely be dangerous, or protected batteries because they likely won't work.

Also I sometimes use a coil like Itshak posted and it works quite well. With a single coil and a second wick crossing on top of it. I thought it wouldn't work well until I tried it. I thought the coil would be smothered, but it's basically set up like all the bottom coil clearomizers with their "flavor wicks". I even set it up that way on my GGTS sometimes when I don't feel like building dual coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread