It's 105° degrees everything leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Chicago here as well. Just checked the WC and it said we got up to 97. No wonder i'm having issues with my Evod.

Leaky little ........

My temp measured with an old analog red bulb its usually very accurate, + car digital. With sun beating on the house it can be off but not by 8° lol.. They take that at the most perfect locations lol.. WC its showing 86 in beverly 60643 right now, I have right now on two different therms @ 92° and 97°.. I wish it was 86 then I wouldn't have just leaked on my jean shorts lol.. says realfeel 89° maybe there's been a tuning change my analog doesn't know about.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
I'm running without problems using cartotanks here in North Texas *knock on wood* and we had 100* all last week for the most part. I'm bad and leave my ProVari and tanks in the car while at work, just put it up by the pedals in my car. Summer is just getting going for us and we got about 4 more months of heat, may end up having to use the AGA-T+ when at work and stick with the cartotanks at home, a little reverse from what I do right now lol.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
This explains why why I had some problems with leaking today...was only 98 degree though. Pop fizz, pop fizz, liquid leaking...not the best of days today with vaping. Glad to know why. Thanks everyone!

Its my 1st year vaping and I have had a 510-t leak on me on our 1st 90° day but thought it was because i messed with it.. I was surprised too at all my other gear leaking.. Maybe time to try that e-solid for days like this..

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
This explains why why I had some problems with leaking today...was only 98 degree though. Pop fizz, pop fizz, liquid leaking...not the best of days today with vaping. Glad to know why. Thanks everyone!

Same here. This explains why my bottomcoils have been misbehaving this week. No trouble with a small cartotank at least.

Today @105°

A did tank it never leaks its leaking
A boge cart leaking
A 510-t atty leaking
A vivi nova leaking
A couple homemade carts uber kewl mods never leak, leaking
A greensmoke carts leaking
A 510 dripper leaking

this stuff is the thinnest oil on the planet and it shows its cute @ 105°
bottled unopened juice are forming a ring outside the cap on-top of the bottle

literally,
its rising out the bottles on its own and getting out the bottle
:sneaky:
phew its hot

I hate air-conditioning love the heat but not this effect on my vaping
im steeping lol will put in refridge but wanna see what happens to flavors @105°
so far it mutes them

I was chatting outside normal with a nova plastered in my hand at all chatting hand motion angles on an ego, vaped it and got a huge mouthful of juice, that has never happened before lol
did I say its hot, it's hottt..:party:

:) sorry to hear about your troubles!! haha...when its nasty hot i usually have an rba in-hand, and as for your bottles i find it's helpful to crack the top loose and squeeze a little air out and tighten the cap down again...i had that issue once, this solved it. as for clearo's and such, heat dont usually play well with OEM stuff

power685

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
south jersey
I'm a rookie, and didn't know the heat caused all my leaky messes the last few days. Thought I had faulty equipment. Lol. Just so happens I'm spread out all across the kitchen table ...... Paper towels, q-tips, and alcohol bottle in hand. 4 devices apart, and getting cleaned up. Any chance of the pros telling why/how this happens. Any equipment do better than the vivi novas I have in the heat ? By the way, the front seats in my car took a beating also.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
quite a few of us, had no idea about gear choices on hot days
so glad it wasn't only me; no wait, if only it was me, better bests-- then I know I have faulty gear alone lol..
it's make the choice for weather
so far a reo, an aga-t, and igo-l have success on hot days

cool trick with the juice make it into a suction seal
i took the caps off --very warm steeping, my room smells really good

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
OMG, 120 degrees......just the thought is horrifying, I live on the west coast of B.C. Canada and our temperature reached 37 degrees Celsius which is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, (some ..... politician in the 70's thought we should go metric) and we all thought we were dying, thank god for air conditioning. Usually we have a pretty mild climate here, very little snow, plenty of rain in the winter and summers in the mid 80's, but I just can't imagine 120 degrees. Anyway at 98.6 and vaping outside my trusty out of date Kanger T2's were fine.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
i stopped using my protanks once it got hot, the juice just poured out the battery post. just dripping now

i haven't really been a fan of the protank to begin with but i had it out and about on saturday (an area about 60 miles southeast of and much warmer than home) and it leaked all over the place and what juice there was didn't taste like much...i am putting it into hibernation until at least october LOL (doesn't help that i use a higher PG/thinner liquid to begin with LOL)
I'm a rookie, and didn't know the heat caused all my leaky messes the last few days. Thought I had faulty equipment. Lol. Just so happens I'm spread out all across the kitchen table ...... Paper towels, q-tips, and alcohol bottle in hand. 4 devices apart, and getting cleaned up. Any chance of the pros telling why/how this happens. Any equipment do better than the vivi novas I have in the heat ? By the way, the front seats in my car took a beating also.
it's not so much the equipment as it is the liquid heating up and thinning out. the more liquid you have in the "holder" the more mess you have ;)
a bottom coil clearo like an EVOD, T3, ce3 (i haven't noticed any issues with the ce3 now that i think about it) would allow you to have less liquid in the tank than the vivi...or like others have said a dripper or an unpunched cartomizer.
those having issues with a pre-punched carto + tank leaking/flooding you could block one of the intake holes so less liquid can get in. (i haven't blocked any myself but a search will tell you how...toothpicks broken off i think)

i have never used so many q-tips in my life....see i knew i bought that 40000 pack at costco for a reason :)

jotook24tovaip

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas Tx. USA
I feel for ya we have heat in the 100's and my stuff acts up too, leaks...blinking off because of heat etc. I started putting my "cig" in my lunch cooler(I have a side pouch), it helps with not to much of an issue from sweating as when I put It directly in with the cold stuff.

Understands...from dallas

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Our juice delivery devices are made from different materials. Steel, aluminum, plastic, glass and who knows what. When going from cool A/C to searing summer heat, they expand and contract at different rates. Metals are going to respond more rapidly than nonmetallic substances so any connections between them are probably going to suffer. Add the expanding liquid inside and the chance of leaks gets pretty high. If I'm gonna be outside for a while, I use disposable CE4's. I can let one of those sit in the truck while I poke around in Lowes or Harbor Freight or keep one in my top pocket while I ride around and pretend to cut grass.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I'm probably a minority of one, I live in the tropics (when not in orbit) because I love the heat and humidity. However, since starting to vape and reading how heat and humidity can degrade juice, I've started being more rigorous about running the a/c to keep the vaping supplies tolerably cool. I also learned, thanks to you guys, NOT to leave the passthrough/tank in the car!

Am not outside that much in our heat, but from now on will be careful about leakage.

Good thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread