It's been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Last time I logged in was March 2020? Sorry to myself. My 4 mods got rotten. I got tired of cleaning them and making my own sh*t juice. I had sinusitis the last time so I stopped vaping. Sadly analogs the quickest nic I can get and I did sadly went that route. Now I'm back. vaping again and that old smell is back again on my nose. Signs of sinusitis. Anyone can here tell me or help me with what's going on? I wanna stay vaping. But my gums are swollen right now just from vaping for a week staright, and that smell on my nose is back again. Jeez... I really hate it when this happens.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Last time I logged in was March 2020? Sorry to myself. My 4 mods got rotten. I got tired of cleaning them and making my own sh*t juice. I had sinusitis the last time so I stopped vaping. Sadly analogs the quickest nic I can get and I did sadly went that route. Now I'm back. Vaping again and that old smell is back again on my nose. Signs of sinusitis. Anyone can here tell me or help me with what's going on? I wanna stay vaping. But my gums are swollen right now just from vaping for a week staright, and that smell on my nose is back again. Jeez... I really hate it when this happens.
I think you really need to see a medical doctor and probably stop vaping until you talk to a professional. This sounds more serious than something posters on a vaping forum can help with.

Maybe you are allergic to something in your set-up, or maybe you need to make sure everything you are using is clean. Either way, if you are getting swelling or infections that seem to correspond with using your vape, you need medical advice from a real medical professional.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
Vaping again and that old smell is back again on my nose. Signs of sinusitis. Anyone can here tell me or help me with what's going on? I wanna stay vaping. But my gums are swollen right now just from vaping for a week staright, and that smell on my nose is back again. Jeez... I really hate it when this happens.

Nickel allergy? Nichrome is 80% Nickel. 316SS is about 14% Nickel. Kanthal A1 has no nickel in it. This could be an easy thing to try to see if the symptoms clear up.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Thanks for the reply guys. I ordered some kanthals, but it about 3 to 5 days away. I have some ss lying around so I tried them. Flavors kinda muted I think. But still doin okay on the allergy signs. None at the moment. I never thought I'd have them, if I am truly allergic. I have more than a year of vaping on Nichrome no problems until late 2019 winter I got those issues. i guess I'll have to observe now moving forward. Cheers mateys!

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Sinusitis could be caused by your sinuses being dry. Vaping dehydrates the body, so perhaps you could add a humidifier to help, that’s what my ENT recommended years ago when I was having sinusitis issues. I bought a large whole house humidifier and have stopped having sinus issues. Welcome to the ECF.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    If it isn't an allergy, it may be drying and or bacterial culture related. I'd start with a salt water rinse, buth nasal and oral, and as others have mentioned, consult a doctor.

I agree. Irrigating your sinus’ is the other thing my ENT recommended, using a saline rinse before bed, really helped as well. I use the Neilmed Sinus Rinse kit, comes with everything you need and is easy to use.

Reactions: HigherStateD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread