BEATING my child today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
So I woke up this morning, stretched, made coffee, got some clothes on took the dogs outside, I'm slightly out of wack this whole time, ALMOST crabby.

Get my first cup of coffee, sit down at the computer with my vape, and start waking up. I'm reading on the forums here and breathing through my nose (which I can FINALLY do again), and it finally hits me. NASTY NASTY smell!!! What the HELL is that nastey SMELL???

I get up and start looking around and I find ASHES :blink:. That rotten kid had a male over last night and they where smoking analogs in the house! /tap.

Is 19 to old to beat? SCRUB time for the BRAT!!!

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
I have one 22 and one 17. I find them and all their friends... ......ed. It is hard to believe I was that stupid when I was their age but then again I had my first at 21 so YES... yes I was. THANK GOODNESS my daughter does not have any plans to get married and have kids soon.

HAHA!! I think the same on the regular. Was I that dumb and incapable? I don't think I was, but ............ yeah.

toto1013

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
SE Kansas
My son is 19. I would probably beat him if he smoked in my freshly cleaned, shampooed, scrubbed house. Alas, he doesn't smoke, thank goodness!!! Some of his friends smoke though, so I may be putting up a no smoking sign somewhere soon so people know they can't smoke in my house anymore.

I have one of those. "Oxygen In Use, No Smoking "

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
Ahhh now see guys, when MY daughter hit the 9th grade, I made HER keep the books (checking account) with me watching. It was just me and her in the house so it WAS doable.

For 6 MONTHS I would deposit my paycheck, hand her the receipt and she wrote the check for the mortgage (owned a house at the time), the taxes on the house was a HUGE surprise to her LOL, the electricity, food whatever, she did the TOTAL account keeping. BEST thing I ever did!! I TOTALLY got away from "Mom I WANT this, how come I can't HAVE it." She learned to BUDGET. ie, you want to do school things, well there's the money, figure it OUT. The FIRST time she wanted to do a school thing and missed the payment mark cause of NOT budgeting, well that was a HUGE eyeopener for her (yes I had a savings stash she knew NOTHING about and I COULD have payed it, but opted not too).

But I'm still going to beat her for the way the HOUSE SMELLS GRRRRRRRR

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
Both work, but seem to find it hard to turn loose of their money. They want to keep me spending mine though. On them. UH....NO!

LOL actually my son just turned 18 (spaced the age in last post - damn you old age) Not long after his B-day he did not like listening to the rules of the house he informed us he was moving out.

I was like "OH REALLY?!? Super bad idea but good luck with that."

He was back in a week. :p

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
For 6 MONTHS I would deposit my paycheck, hand her the receipt and she wrote the check for the mortgage (owned a house at the time), the taxes on the house was a HUGE surprise to her LOL, the electricity, food whatever, she did the TOTAL account keeping. BEST thing I ever did!!

Smart! I will admit to some HORRIBLE parenting in my youth - I would have been a lot harder on them in places. Young and dumb what can I say? I have instilled in both my kids DO NOT have children in your early 20's. Live a little. Plenty of time for kids later. The wife wanted a child since we met (when she was 18) I was lucky to make it to 21 childless. HA!

If I was to have a child now i am sure the kids would be a lot better but when I am around young children now I want to pull my hair out! I was ready to beat some kid at the car dealership yesterday. I more blame the "new parenting" skills of today that seem to have adults be oblivious to how annoying/obnoxious their spawn are being. Hell... when i was growing up our neighbors had a "Go" to spank us if need be.

ditch.the.pack

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Debian - I'm the same way with my daughter and our mom's group - all the moms know, if they see my PITA doing something, they can chide her, whack her ...., whatever. They don't whack butts, but they should! It's the only thing that keeps mine in line half the time. :-/

Taniger - having your daughter do the bills - GENIUS! I am going to tuck that nugget away and use it when mine hits high school. She's 4, now, so I'll have a long time before then, but I will NOT forget!

As for her male friend smoking in the house - oh yeah, I'd be beating my child, too! What, do they think you can't smell it? And then to not even get rid of the evidence... hell, I knew enough to cover my tracks at that age! lol

Kelsey

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
LAKE ARIEL, PENNSYLVANIA
There's really no need to spank children. I do note a difference between a mild spanking and someone getting, "slap happy," on their little bottoms. Taking privileges away works well enough as long as the parent is consistent with what is and what isn't appropriate behavior. I was raised under the old school method of parenting...and I'd just endure the physical punishment and do what I wanted anyway.

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
That is one mindset I do not agree with. Different kids are different.

I have a friend that brought his first child up NEVER, for any reason, spanking his daughter. She turned out "not so good". He is spanking the new ones if need be and they are pleasant boys.

I spanked my kids when they were young but never had to later in life because they knew the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread