It's happened, the AQUA has been CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
hey guys just received an origen brass clone from fasty which seems pretty nice for the price. this is my first bottom button mech since getting rid of my vela last year. I sold the vela because from time to time I had forgotten to lock the switch before setting it down. this just ...... me off and I vowed to not own a bottom switch mod again. after selling the vela I purchased a roller and dingo and still have my omega along with a couple of vv mods and a dna-20. anyways I just wanted the origen clone so I could use it with my aqua in non- 510 connection mode(I cant remember that term) so im really liking this clone but once again, on my way home from work I forgot to lock the dam button. I would say it had fired for 5 min easy and when I realized it, I reached and grabbed it and burnt my freaking hand, I flung it and it broke my freaking window! I couldn't believe it, it must of hit the window in the perfect spot to do this. anyways I pulled over and grabbed a towel and pulled the battery out. the juice was leaking everywhere, all over all sides of the mod. I kept it in the towel till I got home which was about 15 min. went inside and still couldn't hold the mod, it was still that hot. anyways when I took the aqua apart the wick was still perfect, not burnt at all, it looked no different then if this had not happened at all. I was expecting to see all the innards like blackened, a burnt wick and like a melted insulator but non of that happened at all. then again today I did the same dam thing but caught it within 30 seconds, needless to say im not sure how long im going to use this mod because I just cant seem to lock the switch everytime.

Magnets? Think if you stiffened up the switch somewhat it would work for you? Fat daddy vapes sells a set.

you'd have to plug up the air hole if you want to rock single coil. probably would want to plug up the juice channels as well

but yea, it's made specifically for a dual coil setup

I realized that after the fact, my Aqua's first time in service was leaking incessantly combined with a gurgled, muted vape. Just wanted to make sure it was in fact my mistake. I'll give it another go...

SubOMG

Feb 26, 2014
Flawda
Libertine, Regardless of how you do the build, in order to not pour juice straight out of the air paths all four of the juice channels must be filled with cotton at one point or another. It's blocks the juice from just flowing back out. Don't cop out with a single coil, the aqua is dual coil native; that's rare.

Take advantage of it!

28 gauge, two drill bits, allen wrenches, nails, WHATEVER, wrap your coils 5-8 wraps each depending on size with LONG legs,
position the coil while leaving it on the wrap tool,
wrap your legs tight around the posts so they're all secure even before anything's tight,
tighten the knurl nuts, remove coil tool after making sure the whole of the coil clears the chimney when reassembled,
heat and pinch both coils ~3-5 times each,
rip a piece of cotton, roll it TIGHT, thread it through each, you want them snug,
position the cotton into each of the channels and take note of where it lies, then lift it back out of the channels and clip it right before it reaches the horizontal channel.

Poke em in there, juice it up and cap it off!

Let me know how the process goes:toast:

I'd recommend just using the top knurl nuts at the beginning btw, tighten down the bottom ones before you start!

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
sanded the bottom of my 510 a hair. my green hana will fire it consistently, but the copper one still hates it. driving me nuts really.

might have to purchase another Aqua now for it
The center pin on a Kayfun Lite is a good example of the maximum that one would generally want the 510 extending out past the threaded portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread