Not open for further replies.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
8ejyteqy.jpg

Clear tanks came from FT. The long wait was worth it.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
WOW. Just yesterday my oldest son (26) and I went to a local B&M to pick up some juice (Yummy castle long)... On an impulse buy, bought him an Aqua clone, very nice.... had no idea how it would perform, and since we (2 sons & me) all have kayfun's and taifun's didn't think it would really be much different. BOY WAS I WRONG. That little tank is nothing short of amazing.

Wrapped a couple of 2mm 30ga coils to 1ohm (dual), a little fluffy cotton wicks and we were so impressed!!!! So impressed my other son (21) went back and bought 2 of them, one for me and one for him! :toast:

It's maybe the best flavor and INTENSE vapor I've ever vaped.... now I know what people mean when they try a kayfun or something for the first time and say they need to lower their nic level.... Flavor is strong and intense, vapor is thick and... well cloudy ;) awesome tank. If you get the chance to try one - DO IT. You won't be sorry!

Libertine, Regardless of how you do the build, in order to not pour juice straight out of the air paths all four of the juice channels must be filled with cotton at one point or another. It's blocks the juice from just flowing back out. Don't cop out with a single coil, the aqua is dual coil native; that's rare.

Take advantage of it!

28 gauge, two drill bits, allen wrenches, nails, WHATEVER, wrap your coils 5-8 wraps each depending on size with LONG legs,
position the coil while leaving it on the wrap tool,
wrap your legs tight around the posts so they're all secure even before anything's tight,
tighten the knurl nuts, remove coil tool after making sure the whole of the coil clears the chimney when reassembled,
heat and pinch both coils ~3-5 times each,
rip a piece of cotton, roll it TIGHT, thread it through each, you want them snug,
position the cotton into each of the channels and take note of where it lies, then lift it back out of the channels and clip it right before it reaches the horizontal channel.

Poke em in there, juice it up and cap it off!

Let me know how the process goes:toast:

I'd recommend just using the top knurl nuts at the beginning btw, tighten down the bottom ones before you start!

Thanks for the solid instructions! I got it up and running, but I'm having some serious wicking issues with 80VG/20PG juice. The first few mouth to lung hits were lovely, the following full lung pull was enough to double me over in pain, just burnt cotton. I think I packed the cotton too tight in the juice channels to allow proper absorption. I will try again with new cotton. Good thing is I got my coils set up perfectly.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
so i got an origin mod clone from a friend for $15. couldnt turn it down. looks awesome with drippers and the BLiSS genny. BUT, i dont think im doing this mod/myself justice without having an aqua. i really dig my kayfun 3.1 clone so i think im really gonna like an aqua too. im planning on getting the $20 FT aqua and the PMMA tank as well. folks seem to be liking that version, yes? do i need to do any modifications to the FT aqua to get it running tip top?
and whats the deal with twisting...twisting the drip tip adjusts juice flow and twisting the tank adjusts air flow? how about the two different drip tips, are they functionally different or is it just aesthetics?
sorry for so many questions! im stoked to place this order :headbang:

hey guys just received an origen brass clone from fasty which seems pretty nice for the price. this is my first bottom button mech since getting rid of my vela last year. I sold the vela because from time to time I had forgotten to lock the switch before setting it down. this just ...... me off and I vowed to not own a bottom switch mod again. after selling the vela I purchased a roller and dingo and still have my omega along with a couple of vv mods and a dna-20. anyways I just wanted the origen clone so I could use it with my aqua in non- 510 connection mode(I cant remember that term) so im really liking this clone but once again, on my way home from work I forgot to lock the dam button. I would say it had fired for 5 min easy and when I realized it, I reached and grabbed it and burnt my freaking hand, I flung it and it broke my freaking window! I couldn't believe it, it must of hit the window in the perfect spot to do this. anyways I pulled over and grabbed a towel and pulled the battery out. the juice was leaking everywhere, all over all sides of the mod. I kept it in the towel till I got home which was about 15 min. went inside and still couldn't hold the mod, it was still that hot. anyways when I took the aqua apart the wick was still perfect, not burnt at all, it looked no different then if this had not happened at all. I was expecting to see all the innards like blackened, a burnt wick and like a melted insulator but non of that happened at all. then again today I did the same dam thing but caught it within 30 seconds, needless to say im not sure how long im going to use this mod because I just cant seem to lock the switch everytime.

maybe stretch the spring or add a stiffer spring. my origin mod clone doesnt fire when left upright unlocked. also, another thing that might be helping me is when i use 18650 mode, the batt rattles ever so slightly. i think this 1mm or so gap is creating an added layer of protection. thats if you can deal with a slight rattle. the rattle does go away once you lift the mod and fire.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
so i got an origin mod clone from a friend for $15. couldnt turn it down. looks awesome with drippers and the BLiSS genny. BUT, i dont think im doing this mod/myself justice without having an aqua. i really dig my kayfun 3.1 clone so i think im really gonna like an aqua too. im planning on getting the $20 FT aqua and the PMMA tank as well. folks seem to be liking that version, yes? do i need to do any modifications to the FT aqua to get it running tip top?
and whats the deal with twisting...twisting the drip tip adjusts juice flow and twisting the tank adjusts air flow? how about the two different drip tips, are they functionally different or is it just aesthetics?
sorry for so many questions! im stoked to place this order :headbang:

Oh boy Kemo, it's about time ;)

The $20 FT is the one to get. It has the red o-rings. These are important as it stops the chimney (which is the juice control) from turning when screwing on the main tank piece. This is really useful when bottom filling. I love bottom filling as I never have to worry about leaking at all. This version also comes with the hybrid brass pin so you can use it with your origin. This is the correct version for you!

You shouldn't need any modifications to get it running at tip top shape.

The way this works is you loosen the main outer tank to uncover the airholes in the deck. When the main outer tank is tightened/screwed all the way down it covers the holes and stops all airflow. You then unscrew the main tank enough to uncover the holes either partially or fully depending on the airflow amount you want. Works great and is really intuitive.

The juice control is the chimney. Unlike the kayfun where you always tighten the chimney all the way against the deck with the aqua you can untwist it (unscrew it) more than a full turn to allow more juice to go under the chimney and wet your wicks. This means that you don't have to be as careful with your cotton density because you can always just unscrew the chimney some to allow more juice to be available to the wicks.

This works because the chimney goes all the way through the top cap. Your drip tip is connected directly to the chimney.

I have two aquas: the non $20 fasttech version and an ehpro. They came with very different drip tips. One is much airier than the other. Maybe yours comes with both types.

Hope this helps/.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Oh boy Kemo, it's about time ;)

The $20 FT is the one to get. It has the red o-rings. These are important as it stops the chimney (which is the juice control) from turning when screwing on the main tank piece. This is really useful when bottom filling. I love bottom filling as I never have to worry about leaking at all. This version also comes with the hybrid brass pin so you can use it with your origin. This is the correct version for you!

You shouldn't need any modifications to get it running at tip top shape.

The way this works is you loosen the main outer tank to uncover the airholes in the deck. When the main outer tank is tightened/screwed all the way down it covers the holes and stops all airflow. You then unscrew the main tank enough to uncover the holes either partially or fully depending on the airflow amount you want. Works great and is really intuitive.

The juice control is the chimney. Unlike the kayfun where you always tighten the chimney all the way against the deck with the aqua you can untwist it (unscrew it) more than a full turn to allow more juice to go under the chimney and wet your wicks. This means that you don't have to be as careful with your cotton density because you can always just unscrew the chimney some to allow more juice to be available to the wicks.

This works because the chimney goes all the way through the top cap. Your drip tip is connected directly to the chimney.

I have two aquas: the non $20 fasttech version and an ehpro. They came with very different drip tips. One is much airier than the other. Maybe yours comes with both types.

Hope this helps/.

Dude that helped a ton. There's no way I'm not ordering one now. I appreciate the breakdown. I'm very glad to hear the one I wanted is legit. Comes with all the goodies and has the best price. I'm stoked.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Once you get it in your hands this will all make sense. Once you get it I will help you learn to bottom fill. Its easy to do and doesn't require that you remove the device from the mod.

Wow that's even cooler than I imagined. Nice feature. I ordered it last night. The waiting game begins! :evil:

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Once you get it in your hands this will all make sense. Once you get it I will help you learn to bottom fill. Its easy to do and doesn't require that you remove the device from the mod.

Bottom fill with the atty still attached to my mod, Waaah? Do-tell-do-tell. Please. Unless you're talking about flipping everything upside down and unscrewing both the tank and chimney together downward and completely off of the base. That's a veritable no-go for me, I've got a pair of XC-116 wicks in there that don't like to be jostled about and I'd likely have a particularly difficult time getting them back into the channels with everything upside down trying to fit a chimney and tank sloshing with juice around them.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
deck still attached to mod

unscrew tank and chimney simultaneously upside down

fill between chimney and tank. don't fill above chimney line

screw onto deck upside down insuring that the chimney threads as well as tank

I tend to completely thread the chimney, then unscrew for specific juice ratio. I like my aqua full open at 30 watts. remember that when bottom filling, only thing saving you from a lap full of juice is one oring.

you'll make a few messes before you become a pro

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
deck still attached to mod

unscrew tank and chimney simultaneously upside down

fill between chimney and tank. don't fill above chimney line

screw onto deck upside down insuring that the chimney threads as well as tank

I tend to completely thread the chimney, then unscrew for specific juice ratio. I like my aqua full open at 30 watts. remember that when bottom filling, only thing saving you from a lap full of juice is one oring.

you'll make a few messes before you become a pro

This is how I've been filling mine, except I take the base off my mod... makes it a little easier for me. The first time or two were a challenge, now its easy peasy..... I find that on mine, the chimney threads first, and as it threads the main tank starts to seal with its oring, then once the chimney threads I screw on the main tank, and finally adjust the chimney (juice flow) as needed.... sounds a lot more complicated and harder than it really is.... LOL ;)

The only issue I've had with mine is it DRINKS juice! that and the thing gets HOT at 15w and 0.9ohm build (2x 30ga coils)...

And I cant figure out why it holds almost 3ml bottom fill vs 1.5-2.0ml top fill..... where is that extra mil space???????????

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
And I cant figure out why it holds almost 3ml bottom fill vs 1.5-2.0ml top fill..... where is that extra mil space???????????
I'd assume it's the extra space above the threads in the top cap. Pretty much just like where all the extra goes with a Kayfun. The difference in diameter of the chimney between the top and bottom means that each mm of height you can't fill because of orientation probably makes a 3x to 4x difference in volume.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hey keno although I do have the origen clone my aqua is real. Both fit perfect with no modifications. Both drip tips that came with my aqua are the same except one has a larger bore then the other. The drip tips fit tight so as you twist it that's what controls the juice flow. Well maybe juice flow is not actually the term but as you twist the juice flow it raises or lowers the Chimney which reveals more or less of the wick tails. Also air control is adjusted by screwing or unscrewing the bottom of atty. All in all the aqua is freaking fantastic if set up right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread