The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Its My Vapiversary !

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by rico942, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    One year tobacco free :rickroll:, after 46 years of a 2 pack a day habit ...

Had two molars extracted last May in preparation for dental implants, couldn't smoke for the next few days (too painful), and got by on Njoys recommended by my dentist ...

Graduated quickly to Egos and clearomizers, found my favorite juices, and after discovering ECF, picked up the eRoll and Elips from Ovale ...

Cheated exactly three times, thinking I could be a "dual user", but found analogs disgusting compared to the clean taste of a good menthol vape. Never even finished any of those three tobacco cigs, tossed them after a couple of puffs. Last time was over 9 months ago. Never again ... :nah:

I've seen a few prohibitionist efforts by government in my 62 years, and heard first hand accounts about the 18th Amendment from my father, who was born in 1902 and was a young man when alcohol was banned in the US. He drank whenever he wanted to until Prohibition was repealed, then celebrated the 21st Amendment with a drink ... :toast:

I have confidence in American ingenuity for getting around absurd puritanical legislation, and no problem with "alternate sources" ...

Vaping will survive and thrive, the same as the distilling industry did, because people want it ... :2c:

2. Buggainok

Buggainok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2014
    oklahoma city ok usa
    Hooray for you! One year is a very big deal in my book!:banana::banana::banana:

And thanks for the positive thoughts about the future of this wonderful thing we call vaping. I also think everything will work out, for the reasons you said.

3. copano

copano Full Member

May 18, 2013
    TX
    Good job rico!
    I'm one year and one day today from 42 years of heavy analog use

4. 2naphish

2naphish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    the boro, Tennessee
    congrats to you...hope we both see our 30th anniversary. my one year is coming in august...best of luck in life.:vapor:

5. MikenGA

MikenGA Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2011
    Georgia
    Congratulations Rico!
    The 1st of MANY celebrations to come! :)

(I was a 'dual user' until I found 'the right' setup to suit my needs...ego batts and clearos. It took me almost two years to make the switch 100%, but I did it. Haven't had a smoke since 9/25/2011, thanks to the same equipment you're using now. :D)

6. RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2013
    USA
    Congrats and welcome to the anniversary club...

7. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    Congrats and wishing you many more vapaversaries to come!

8. glointhedark

glointhedark Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Antelope, CA, USA
    One of the stories my late father told was how my Grandmother used to chase her kids outside to play when she was making some hootch during Prohibition.

Congrats on your Vapeversary!

9. Mushroomie

Mushroomie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Crystal, MN USA
    Happy Vapeversary! I can't wait on until my one year in November! Keep it up Buddy! Your Doing a Awesome Job!

10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Congratulations!!!!! :banana:

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

11. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    That is wonderful. Thank goodness for dental problems. heehee The first year is a huge milestone. Or it was for me. Something seems to amaze me everyday and vaping. It feels good, doesn't it? Continued success to us. :)

12. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Congrats Rico! :toast:

It only gets easier :)

13. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    Congratulations! Wonderful accomplishment! :vapor:

14. Zurd

Zurd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Montréal
    congrats!! glad to know your dentist recommended it, last few years it was the other way around, ECF members where teaching dentist about it :)

15. jjordan

jjordan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2014
    Fairbury, Nebraska
    congrats you did it!!! BEV5252-1024x1024.jpg

16. jwag1973

jwag1973 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2013
    Saint Louis, MO.
    Congrats on a big accomplishment! I took a drag off a Red one night while out with old friends having a few adult beverages, almost vomited! I'm with ya on ejuice being way better tasting the cigs. Anyways, a years a big deal as far as I'm concerned, hope you celebrate many more.
    :toast:

17. Smokachino

Smokachino Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2009
    Texas, USA
    That's awesome . . . Congratulations on a major milestone!! :thumbs:

18. alisa1970

alisa1970 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Happy Vapeversary Rico!

:toast:

19. flowerpots

flowerpots Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    my desk
  20. Saltraker

Saltraker Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Congrats! I left 49 years of smoking behind me when I started vaping last year. I'm still working on my yearversary. I'm in for 9 months right now and lovin' every minute of it! Keep on vaping!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.