I've been doing it wrong all this time... Warning: long. REALLY LONG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
***SCROLL TO BOTTOM TO THE "TLDR SECTION" IF YOU ARE NOT EASILY ENTERTAINED AND DON'T HAVE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THIS.

So I started vaping about 2 and a half months ago. On a whim, I stopped by a B&M on a route home I don't normally go. I was out of cigarettes, on my motobike and taking this way because it's easier to get to the gas station I always buy my smokes from (no left turn at stop lights which are a PITA on the bike). I picked up 2 eGo-w's and some jooze. I was all set or so I thought....

I get home and plop down in my chair and boy I wasn't prepared for what happened next... I found ECF !!!

OH EMM GEEEEEEEEEEE!!! So much info and cool Mods that put my little eGos to shame. I'm a geek, tinkerer, and generally love "fiddlin'" as I call it. I love tech stuff. LOVE IT ! (drives wife nuts, but I fix all her stuff so she can't complain too much)

Anyways, just before I found ECF, I found PBsuardos (sp?) youtube vids. I watched and then got bored of him. But he had so many cool things but by ADHD was kicking in not to mention the cravings for a real smoke. So I started reading ECF to keep my mind busier than just listening to some guy drone on and on about stuff I really had no clue about.

(puff puff away I'm going on this little eGo)

I'm reading. Reading some more and getting the gist of things. These folks are pretty cool here I'm thinking (I had found another place that was a little more..."hardcore" & generally spoke crappily of ECF but they weren't as helpful as far as I could tell).

I keep seeing this "Vamo" word. I binged it.

COOL !!

AND IT'S CHEEEEP!

tabbed a Vamo in Chrome and came back here.

Protank. Protank.. Bing!

Awesome! I'm thinking as I'm refilling the eGo already. I can take a Protank to work on my Vamo and I'll be set! Saved and bookmarked them too.

Ended up several hours later with a new folder in bookmarks named Vaper. I was hooked. And my cig craving was at bay. It had been 4 or 5 hours by now.

Now it's late. The wife is wondering why I'm still on computer and not playing video Games. Or smoking. She didn't notice me vaping since I was going outside still. So I showed her what I bought. She was proud of me! (I've tried twice before and failed).

So back to searching.... I find a place that has everything I want.
Vamo. Check.
Protanks. Check.
Batteries. Check.
Let's try some of their jooze while I'm at it.

Fast forward 3 days.

VAPEMAIL !! OMG !! It's here. And I'm at work... BOOOO!!

I get home and tear into my goodie box. Batteries in charger first.
Oooohh, pretty VAMO!
Oooh, shiney ProTank!
Hmm. this jooze smells yummy. (Caramel Coffee Chill)

I filled the tanks. One with the DeKang Menthol I had for my eGo's and another with the CCC..

Batteries almost charged. I pull one off because I can't wait any longer and go 350 mode on vamo (that's when I remember I have 650's in some flashlight ~ DOH! :glare:

350 back on charger 650 mode activated. whiiiirrrrrr. sizzle. WE HAVE VAPE HOUSTON !!!

Omg, this is freaking nasty! Caramel Coffee Chill... where's the mouthwash!

*CLICK* Ahhh, now I know what steeping is.

Mmmm, Menthol (smoked Kools until they got expensive and went to Pall Malls). That's more like it!

hmm, lets crank this bad boy up! Check vape power meter thingy.. 2.2 ohms on the protank, I can go to 4.2volts.. click click click click click.. 4.2v it is.

Drag, drag & long draaaaaag.

YUCK! pffft! pffft! pffft! yucky burnt taste. ... is this crap ?
click click clik back down some..

drag, drag...drag.. Hmm, pretty good!

Haven't had but one smoke in 4 days at this point. This is doing good! And I like it!!

So everyday, I'm on here. Reading. I've learned alot. I've watched more PB vids.

Fast Forward to today....

I have 9 protanks, Vamo, Mini-Mvari, evods, DCT map tanks and 30 joozes. Latest purchase was a REO Mini.. This thing is going to rock on Friday when my RM2 shows up (THANKS JAN!) Fasttech order finally got here - TVS Mod, V3, Igo-l and a buncha other goodies showed up... As I'm opening it, I realize I left my Vape Case at work! OMG! No spare batteries!! I get in the car and head back... *sigh* :mad:.

As I'm sitting at a light that takes forever, I check which protank I have on the Vmao. 2.4 ohmer. Hmm, if I remember right, I can crank this up to 4.5v's.. puff, puff, puff... eww yucky burnt taste. .... Yes, again I did this and have done it several times in the past 2 and a half months. I think to myself... How the heck are people vaping like this?? What am I doing wrong??

*DING*

The light turns on and I have a moment of clarity.

What if I just take a short drag..

click click click click 4.5v...

Puff...

Hmm, not too bad. Pretty tasty too! (Jungle Juice from MBV - my Fav and ADV)

click click click. I'm feeling brave.

5v!!! YEA BABY!!!

:vapor: ZOMG!

Puff.

Wow!

Puff.

Yummy!

Puff.

This tastes really good.

Puff.

Oh #$^^#* ! the lights green..

Puff.

whooo.. getting a little woozy all of a sudden.

*DING DING DING* Nic overload!! mmm, lets do that some more....

I glance at the vamo and think.... THIS is what I've been missing.

TLDR:

So.. apparently, because I watched PB drag,drag, draaaaaaaag. Exhale huge cloud. I thought that was how I was supposed to be doing it. But I was running 3.2v-3.6v and couldn't understand why everyone was talking about running all these volts into certain ohms.. Now that I think about it. Drippers probably wouldn't be able to take the length of drags I've been taking. So it's finally made sense to me (I think).

Thanks ECF (Reonauts especially the past few days) for all your help in this journey into never smoking again. I'm glad I am here and hope that I will be able to help those n00bs like me find the perfect vape.

Because...

we all want to
vapelikeasir.jpg

and.....

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-vape-but-when-i-do-i-squonk-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread