Ive heard of vapors tongue, but THIS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flawedatdesign

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
Hi, I'm new here and reading this thread has shed some light on my problem. Actually I quit two and a half years ago but in the last three weeks nothing tastes right. In fact I have the taste of tin in my mouth. I've tried every juice I make and even went to my old dealer and bought some juice. I can't stand the taste of cigarettes (haven't smoked one since I bought my first starter vapor set) so I am just wondering if you were able to fix your problem and if anything worked. HELP

Don't have anything going on in your mouth by chance do you? Any dental work or injuries that are healing? I had that happen when I had my tonsils and a bunch of reconstructive work done on the back of my mouth. Tin or Salty or Both some times.

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Hi, I'm new here and reading this thread has shed some light on my problem. Actually I quit two and a half years ago but in the last three weeks nothing tastes right. In fact I have the taste of tin in my mouth. I've tried every juice I make and even went to my old dealer and bought some juice. I can't stand the taste of cigarettes (haven't smoked one since I bought my first starter vapor set) so I am just wondering if you were able to fix your problem and if anything worked. HELP

So im now at two weeks since my first encounter with my taste issue. I went through an accumulation of around $120 in juice that I couldnt vape after one tank or a few drops in my atty and im sure others have gone through more.
I still cant vape the one flavor I was vaping a month consecutively that I loved so much, and ive noticed a few others that seem to be using the same vanilla flavoring.
I got my order in I placed online of pistachio ice cream and lately have been on that and things seem to be getting back to normal.
If youre tasting tin, or metallic taste, im not so sure were having the same issue.
I just had a weird 'chemical' alterration with almost every flavor I had in my inventory at home. It's gotten me to branch out and look into different things like california vaping company that uses all organic ingredients and other different flavors.
I figured id share my experience with how things kind of just fell back to normal. I wish I had more advice for you, Jan. Good luck.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Dil, are you dripping? You have me thinking your problem may be a combo of 1) your tastes buds are coming back to life and flavors are more pronounced for you now and 2) if you are dripping then strong flavors combined with tastes buds flaring back to life will make a juice taste chemical like for you. Try diluting your favorite juice by 25% with unflavored at yout desired nic level and if that's not enough try higher percentages of dilution. I have to dilute about 90% of the flavors I drip because they taste chemically otherwise. I dilute some by 25% and others by as much as 75-80%.

If you're using a tank the issue could still be that it's just to much flavor for you now, especially if you're using coils in the lower ohm ranges. I would seriously try diluting.

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Nobody's menitoned or asked about this yet, but I know it can alter taste drastically: Are you taking any new medications, supplements, etc.? A friend was having similar issues and we narrowed it down to the iron supplement she was taking. When she quit that...tastes cleared up.

Yes but nothing new. I honestly just t
Dil, are you dripping? You have me thinking your problem may be a combo of 1) your tastes buds are coming back to life and flavors are more pronounced for you now and 2) if you are dripping then strong flavors combined with tastes buds flaring back to life will make a juice taste chemical like for you. Try diluting your favorite juice by 25% with unflavored at yout desired nic level and if that's not enough try higher percentages of dilution. I have to dilute about 90% of the flavors I drip because they taste chemically otherwise. I dilute some by 25% and others by as much as 75-80%.

If you're using a tank the issue could still be that it's just to much flavor for you now, especially if you're using coils in the lower ohm ranges. I would seriously try diluting.

Awesome. Thankyou. Ill definitely try that out. The only tank I currently use, is an RTA (the ohmega alpha 22mm, not the "bft" or whatever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread