I've peaked. I'm content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
Have you looked into bottom feed? It is what stop my search for a better tank.

Actually, yes! I've been wanting to make my own squonk box for a while, but I haven't been able to find a DIY with step by step instructions on how to do it as I'm still new to the bottom feed concept. At $170, the Reo mod is a bit too much for me, even though I fully know that all the money I spend on other devices adds up in the end.

Being able to have rba taste and clouds without having to refill just seems like such an amazing concept.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Actually, yes! I've been wanting to make my own squonk box for a while, but I haven't been able to find a DIY with step by step instructions on how to do it as I'm still new to the bottom feed concept. At $170, the Reo mod is a bit too much for me, even though I fully know that all the money I spend on other devices adds up in the end.

Being able to have RBA taste and clouds without having to refill just seems like such an amazing concept.

You might find something interesting here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-place-everything-modified-custom-made.html

NkVgbnd

Nov 26, 2014
Athens GR
Congrats and Merry Christmas!
I'm half way there after 1,1/2 year of vaping...
All thought I've found my sweet spot since I'm content with KLite+ and mech mods and my DIY liquids...
only "problem" I've got 6 Klite+ ( so are my flavors) and today I've got me one more
since I'm thinking about a new flavor...as for mechs I'm down to 8 from 20+
but most probably I'll buy one or two on the way ...
and don't forget the customizing for the K's tanks, top caps, tips etc. ... lol
I know that If I stop buying anything right this moment, I'm way more than content...
Any time soon though ... :)

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
Congrats, xibxang - I'm happy for you. My stable end state was achieved with the use of a reo. I used to pop into noob threads to offer advice on this device or that tank, but now that I'm out of the "current fashion" loop, that scene has left me behind to contentedly vape in peace.

Reo eh? Well good for you.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA

Being able to have RBA taste and clouds without having to refill just seems like such an amazing concept.

I made my own for under $20. I can help, PM me any questions. Start with ordering a pair (in case you jack one up) of fatdaddy vapes 510 connectors and a pack bottom feed pins. I used the V3, but there is also a V4 out now. Don't order the SS feed tube and silicone tubing from them as is does not work as well as they think it does (there are better ways to attach the feed tube). If you want a 22mm 510 get the washer as well.

Lanore

Aug 10, 2014
USA
Congrats on getting to a point where you're stable and content. Almost there myself. I used Ego batteries forever until a few weeks ago. Moved on to a Sigelei 100+. Don't see a need to get anything else. Only thing I'm missing is a really good RDA. Currently using a Helios clone.

Other than that, considering I DIY for my juice, I couldn't see what else I would need. I think perhaps 2 RDAs instead of one at any given time, as a spare for trying new builds/different flavors without needing to constantly re-wick. Other than that, I'll be pretty much settled.

In the future, if I were to make a big purchase again, it'd possibly be for a DNA40 device. However I'm likely going to hold out and see how reviews go and prices to come down a bit.

Happy for you to find out what works. I know vaping gear can be a money pit.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
I quit smoking just under six months ago, which was two weeks after my mother and step-father started vaping. Now they're back on the cigarettes again "just for the Christmas season". Yeah, whatever. My mother keeps offering me a smoke when I visit with her - more an absent-minded gesture than anything malicious - and I've genuinely found myself just not wanting one. I prefer to vape.

When I started vaping, my GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) was through the roof, just like everyone else's. I spent a fortune, just like we all have. I chased the vapour dragon right down that rabbit hole, just like we all have. I bought tanks, drippers, mech mods, copper mech mods, clones, authentics, rayon, Japanese cotton and even pointless things like extra drip tips. Just like we all have.

Then I bought an iPV3 and discovered the Infinite CLT range of drippers. And then the GAS just stopped. Just like that. I didn't even notice it happening. I gave almost all of my remaining gear away shortly after to intermediate-level vapers who were looking to get into mech mods. I still have my authentic MCV Overdose which I use when I'm out at the pub. I haven't looked at Fasttech for weeks. I appear to have found my sweet spot.

I'm a sub-ohmer. I love big clouds. I make huge clouds. I make them for me, not for "look at me". I build at between 0.15 and 0.25 ohms. I haven't exploded yet. I make my own juice from pre-made flavour concentrates. I've been vaping the same flavour for about two months now. I like it. It goes with just about anything for me. I have 5 litres of it steeping in my cupboard. It's 90% VG based. Big clouds. Big, thick, tasty clouds. Om nom nom. Amazing with a glass of ice-cold full cream milk.

I see people talk about Dr. Crimmy's juices. Or Suicide Bunny. Or Digby's Mum's Custard or whatever else. How they're really great and everyone should try them. Then I see the price tag and compare it to what it cost me to make the aforementioned 5 litres that are in my cupboard. No thanks. You guys go right ahead though; I'm genuinely pleased that you're loving them, and that they're keeping you off the stinkies.

I love vaping. I also feel very lucky to have found my sweet spot. In vaping, it would seem that you definitely need to kiss a few frogs on your way to finding the prince. I haven't "been in the market" for new gear since I got my iPV3 (mine was one of the controversial Liberty Flights ones which I refused to return, btw) and as long as it lasts for another six months or so, I'll be happy.

Merry Christmas, everyone. If you've arrived at the same place I have, I'd love to hear your story.

Merry Christmas, and very well said. Great Christmas story!

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
Hi It took me 6 months to get over Shinyitist .Its a great spot to be at Vape Gear Contentment. I have a Sieglei 20 and 30 watt also a Nautilus and a Russian + 1 genny[Kracken] I now DIY all my Juice. I would like 1 Box Mod a Sigelei 100watt. Will wait 3-6 months to buy that. And have my eye on a Russian 2.0 for early 2015. Oh I use Ego Twists with Uni Tank minis when out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread