second mvp2 or vtr v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

murfection

Aug 27, 2014
edgewater fl
Alright folks just wondering some opinions from some of the experienced guys and gals here. I bought a mech mod the other day and tried it out and really wasnt crazy about it. Resold it the next day for what i paid thank goodness, so no love lost there. However im debating now on getting a second mvp 2 or a vtr v2. I love my mvp does all i need but i keep thinking that one day it will wear out and die. I know that the vtr takes a replaceable battery and if that dies i can just replace the battery. So thats making it hard to decide on what to get another mvp2 or the vtr v2. Also i like using my evods/t3s/pt2 minis. How big of a pain is the adapter for those on the vtr. All suggestions and opinions welcome and thanks in advance!

acowboyfan

Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Euless,Texas
I have both the MVP and the VTR ,I like both but my choice between the two is my VTR . I love the replaceable battery and I like the feel of the VTR ,it's heavy but I like that. I have never used the extender,I just use protanks on it. I also have a svd I like the box mods but the svd is great,feels good,replaceable batteries and any tank looks good on it. You can get them on sale for around 40 bucks.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Honestly I would wait a bit and see what happens over the next month or two.... I have a cloupor dna30 I bought from 101vape and I really like it. But so many new things are coming out that it's hard to mention just one thing. Do you pay $69.99 for the cloupor dna30 (actually out of stock at 101 right now). Or grab a 50 watt or 100 watt or 150 watt device.

Fasttech versions are not as good as the coupor, at least from what I've seen.

ECAvenue

Moved On
Sep 7, 2014
Oak Park,Ca
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I have and like both.
MVP
pros: lighter, smaller, charging cable small and easy to store, no trying to find the spare battery, passthrough capability
cons: need to be within cable length distance for passthrough use, would prefer fire button on side instead of front
VTR
pros: side fire button, better VV/VW controls, tank doesn't stick way up and is semi protected (haven't used the adapter so can't comment on that), swap battery and continue to do whatever
cons: unit is larger, heavier, doesn't have function for remaining battery voltage, need bulkier additional charger (if you don't already have)

Those are my thoughts, others may feel differently as they have their own preferences.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
And then there's the Provari. Somebody had to say it. :)

Baditude's Blog - (13) Why Provari

I don't own one, but that's because I am holding out for the P3. Until then I'm using an MVP 2, and I have a DNA 30 box mod on order from my local B&M. I haven't used the VTR, but I was hot to get one for a while. The recessed tank and replaceable battery are nice to have features. The big downside for me is the need to use smaller tanks. The more I vape the more a 2-3 ml tank seems very inconvenient. Other things you might want to check out are the Vaporshark rDNA (here now, but on back order), and the upcoming SVD 2.0 (soon to be release or so they say).

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I would stick with the mvp2. The vtr only is slightly higher wattage, it's heavy, and from what I've read your limited on your atomizer style. It's not really a significant upgrade for the cost. I believe it only goes four watts higher than the mvp2. I highly doubt you would even notice the "upgrade". If I were you I would wait for some of the newer technology chip sets to come out and compare specs on those. They have some really nice regulated box mods coming out and for the price you will pay for the vtr , with just a little bit extra you should be able to get much more for your money. Hope this is helpful. Best wishes

I would stick with the mvp2. The vtr only is slightly higher wattage, it's heavy, and from what I've read your limited on your atomizer style. It's not really a significant upgrade for the cost. I believe it only goes four watts higher than the mvp2. I highly doubt you would even notice the "upgrade". If I were you I would wait for some of the newer technology chip sets to come out and compare specs on those. They have some really nice regulated box mods coming out and for the price you will pay for the vtr , with just a little bit extra you should be able to get much more for your money. Hope this is helpful. Best wishes

You know..that is great advice. I'm just getting ready to jump into vaping and had my eyes on the VTR. There are a couple of things that I would miss on it, I'm sure, the battery meter for one. Is there a season when new tech is usually released?
Thanks for your reply to the OP.

krobeson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Orange, VA
And then there's the Provari. Somebody had to say it. :)

Baditude's Blog - (13) Why Provari

I don't own one, but that's because I am holding out for the P3. Until then I'm using an MVP 2, and I have a DNA 30 box mod on order from my local B&M. I haven't used the VTR, but I was hot to get one for a while. The recessed tank and replaceable battery are nice to have features. The big downside for me is the need to use smaller tanks. The more I vape the more a 2-3 ml tank seems very inconvenient. Other things you might want to check out are the Vaporshark rDNA (here now, but on back order), and the upcoming SVD 2.0 (soon to be release or so they say).

My only issue with the P3.....only goes up to 20W. For some people that is just fine and they vape all day and never hit 20W, but that is their ceiling!! No higher!!! We now have devices hitting 100W+ and we are only at 20W.......I feel that pro vape puts in how much time in design, testing and also restricting how you buy the provari and newer vapers with pass it on by like a summer breeze due to the price and limited places you can buy it. That's just my opinion for what it's worth!

krobeson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Orange, VA
Awaiting my MVP 2 in the mail.
Thought about getting the VTR v2 as well but as i'm new to the scene I just couldn't justify going from eGo twist to VTR...but then again lol
I'm sure I'll be happy with the MVP 2 until I'm ready for another step up :vapor:

Definitely!! Only limitation about the MVPs is the power. You can squeeze a little extra power by running the volts to max at 5v. With a 1.6ohm build that would put you very close to 14W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread