Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks, I could have placed orders on a dozen U.S. vape sites in the time it took to place one on Jac's site. Foreign site earning curve, I guess. They need a U.S. based web presence mod when a user selects U.S. currency. I'm sure they'd benefit if it was tweaked by an American web site designer.
I did notice during my ordering time that I had to keep changing the currency back to usd. It seemed like every step it went back to pounds. I wonder if that how it ended up costing me the conversion rate. Oh well, like you said --Its done and on the way. Fingers crossed that everyone gets their packages without incident.

:)

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
FT ships batteries all the time through PostNL which is the Netherlands. Maybe Jac's can resend through them as they also cover the UK.
Thanks for the suggestion but I told them to cancel and refund which they did immediately, with apologies for an issue not their fault.
I didn't want them to keep wasting postage.
We get to the UK at least once a year. I will just buy one on the next visit.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, I could have placed orders on a dozen U.S. vape sites in the time it took to place one on Jac's site. Foreign site earning curve, I guess. They need a U.S. based web presence mod when a user selects U.S. currency. I'm sure they'd benefit if it was tweaked by an American web site designer.

Given the Gottliebish state of our legislative possibilities, they'd need to have their kilts checked if they made a decision to establish a presence in our once great republic. :|

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Seems that Jac Vapour's site doesn't like Firefox. I switched to Chrome and the site woke up and was glad to see me. Before that, I couldn't add anything to the cart.

I finally got through the order procedure with $17.07 shipping and the ECR69 code netted me a $14.94 discount for a total price shipped of $76.85. I spent an hour or more there. I couldn't get items in the cart until I created an account. Once I did that, everything went fine. Go figure. I was able to pay using Paypal, but that was slightly awkward, also. Dealing with a UK vendor was definitely not as easy as going to Fasttech.

I got the Series B DNA 75W Sandstone kit, just the mod with a battery. Couldn't delete the battery. Shipping estimate is 7-15 working days. China's typical ship to the East Coast is about the same.

Congrats, Dave, and I hope you like it.

We've sure talked it up enough so I'll be a bit embarrassed if you don't, but I guess that's the way the vapor dissipates (as they say). :blush:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

We've sure talked it up enough so I'll be a bit embarrassed if you don't, but I guess that's the way the vapor dissipates (as they say). :blush:
At least he has someone to blame if it turns out to be a trainwreck.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

It uses the same processor (Evolve) as the Hcigar I have. Since I took the Hcigar VT75 apart and cleaned and tightened all the mechanical electrical connections it hasn't burped even once. Assembly line screw-ups can affect the reliability of any product. My experience with the VT75 gave me the assurance that the Jac Vapor will be even better. I fully intended to buy a higher end Evolv based mini someday. This is it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
My experience with the VT75 gave me the assurance that the Jac Vapor will be even better.

Without a doubt, DaveP. Magnets notwithstanding. ;)

PS. With all the fuss and muss, I STILL love and use the Hcigar Nano VT75 (aka FRED) mods. Go figure.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Without a doubt, DaveP. Magnets notwithstanding. ;)

PS. With all the fuss and muss, I STILL love and use the Hcigar Nano VT75 (aka FRED) mods. Go figure.

Battery door magnets respond really well to clear two part epoxy. Superglue gel is good, too. The thin superglue ... not so much unless it's applied really well and the magnet is s snug fit.

I had a SMOK 200W big box mod several years ago. The battery door was about 4"x3" and the magnets were held on with what looked like double stick tape. They kept coming off and I glued them all back on with clear epoxy. That worked until the electronics died. Go figure ... SMOK technology, design, and implementation. It was destined from birth to an early demise.

FWIW, Ace Hardware sells a two part epoxy that comes in two tubes. Most of what you find these days is in packets. I like it because you can mix up what you need and the rest stays fresh in two individual squeeze tubes.

Last edited:

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I'm tempted to order a JAC DNA mod, just haven't pulled the trigger. If Hcigar can put together one as good as the one i have, then the JAC will probably be better. The only small gripe I have about the Hcigar VT75 Nano is the battery cover, so I often charge it using USB because it's a pain to remove and replace. Anyone have both and care to offer an opinion for comparison?

Is the T22 topfill tank in the MTL kit worth the extra cash? I vape rebuildables and don't really want to get back into coil buying. Has the magnet falling out issue on the JAC been solved? I'm looking at the Series B DNA 75W Sandstorm kit. Is TC the only vape mode or does it do wattage, also?

The tank is good from a flavor perspective. It's easy to fill, but be careful of the little O ring on the chimney. It's easy lose. The drip tip is part of the top cap, which isn't great, but there are different sizes. But the killer for me is the 2ml TPD limit.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Finally got around to wrapping KD's Sandstorm in tiger skin. I think she might like it.

JAC-Sandstorm25-KD_20181117_192848.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Bronze. It actually looks a lot better in person too. The colors don't transfer well.

It fits for the hands to which it's heading. ;)
The only thing missing is the white spots that are on the backs of the ears of every tiger. They say it looks like eyes to any would be harasser. Just in case if the tiger isn't looking their way.

th

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Finally got around to wrapping KD's Sandstorm in tiger skin. I think she might like it.

View attachment 780731

I think you need to offer this as service to the members--for a fee of course--since you are so good at it. I shudder to think what one would look like should I try it. I'd probably seal shut the battery compartment and cover the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread