JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My Jac went into retirement yesterday, the 510 is so loose now, it’s annoying now, but as it is worse now, can see it is the top plate the 510 is in, that’s loose, not the 510 itself.
Still under the 6 month warranty?

I would normally say send it back to JAC Vapour for repair/replacement even if it is not still under warranty, but I see you are in the US. Shipping cost and repair/replacement probably wouldn't be fiscally prudent for you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My Jac went into retirement yesterday, the 510 is so loose now, it’s annoying now, but as it is worse now, can see it is the top plate the 510 is in, that’s loose, not the 510 itself.

Never had a magnetic fall out of it though :D

Don't know about the Jac, but my hcigar DNA75 infrequently needs the 510 assembly rotated back and forth a couple of times and then tightened to optimize contact. I use a large paper clip bent into a U as a tool to do that. There's two holes in the 510 assembly and I just rotate it backward and then forward a couple of times to wipe the threads together to clean the threads and restore good contact. I've thought about applying some De-oxit to prevent oxidation.

dna chips don't like resistance that wanders during use.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

Never had a magnetic fall out of it though :D

Don't know which model Jac you have, but are there two tiny phillips head screws on the top that might need to be tightened?

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Don't know which model Jac you have, but are there two tiny phillips head screws on the top that might need to be tightened?

Ding ding, that is actually what it was, I’ve lived with it being loose for over 6 months, and never noticed them screws, I even contacted Jac about it when 1st noticed it was loose and they never mentioned them screws, but tightened up now and Jac is all good again, thank you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Ding ding, that is actually what it was, I’ve lived with it being loose for over 6 months, and never noticed them screws, I even contacted Jac about it when 1st noticed it was loose and they never mentioned them screws, but tightened up now and Jac is all good again, thank you.

If it happens frequently a tiny drop of Loctite will secure those screws in place. Make sure you use the blue Loctite. The red kind requires heat and tools to remove. The blue is easily removable with a screwdriver, but doesn't allow the screw to back out with normal use. Most auto parts stores will have it in stock. All you need is a tiny drop on the threads. Less is more. You want to be able to easily remove the screw if necessary.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

SWEET!!!!

@oplholik for the WIN! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    Yeah - same here, JUMA. But they always did provide it when asked.

Hey - for the price I guess I shouldn't complain. To say I'm getting my money's worth from their mods would be a gross understatement. They're taking QUITE the beating from me. :thumbs:

True.

Reactions: DPLongo22

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    On every purchase or warranty repair, I've had to request a tracking number from JAC. Last I was told was their system did not automatically send tracking numbers.

Their ordering system is a little primitive. I got mine in 8 days, I got an email saying it had shipped the day after it arrived.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    If it happens frequently a tiny drop of Loctite will secure those screws in place. Make sure you use the blue Loctite. The red kind requires heat and tools to remove. The blue is easily removable with a screwdriver, but doesn't allow the screw to back out with normal use. Most auto parts stores will have it in stock. All you need is a tiny drop on the threads. Less is more. You want to be able to easily remove the screw if necessary.

I took the top plate off mine once. Those screws are really long and thin. I don't know if they use Loctite but they were very tight and took a lot of force to screw them in and out. Using that much force on those tiny cross head screws made me nervous about stripping the heads.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I took the top plate off mine once. Those screws are really long and thin. I don't know if they use Loctite but they were very tight and took a lot of force to screw them in and out. Using that much force on those tiny cross head screws made me nervous about stripping the heads.

Agree. It's probably better to just check tightness periodically on longer screws. Even when using Loctite on short screws I'd only use a small amount. Whatever fits on the very tip of a toothpick would be enough to apply a dot to threads. The blue Loctite's main purpose is just to inhibit unwanted rotation of the screw. It shouldn't prevent removal. Small Phillips head screws shoudn't need more than a light application.

T5/T6 Torx screws would be nice for our mods instead of Phillips head. Torx gives you much greater force in both directions. Phillips by design tends to make the screwdriver tend to ride upward as force is applied. One slip under pressure and the screw head can strip.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    UPS brought my Jac Vapour Series B DNA 75W mod yesterday. Per my request they deleted the 18650 and shipped the mod only. I'm supposed to get a credit back through PP for the battery.

Last night I put a VTC6 cell in it and tried it out. It's a great mod that seems to be accurate. It looks good with my Kayfun v2 and the VV Beserker. The fit is nice and flush with a 24mm Beserker atty.

If I were the designer I'd put a little more spring tension on the fire button switch. It tends to fire when I'm walking around with it. If I'm walking around holding it the fire button will press from movement even when I'm just holding it loosely. I'm not complaining. Some fire buttons can cause sore fingers/thumbs over time but I can see that the 5 click lock feature needs to be used for pocket carry.

Last edited:

Rockford

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    UPS brought my Jac Vapour Series B DNA 75W mod yesterday. Last night I put a VTC6 cell in it and tried it out. It's a great mod that seems to be accurate. It looks good with my Kayfun v2 and the VV Beserker. The fit is nice and flush with a 24mm Beserker atty.

I'm still thinking about getting one, do you feel it's worth the price?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I'm still thinking about getting one, do you feel it's worth the price?

I'd like it more at $49.95, but it's a great DNA mod. It's sleek and satiny with a nice OLED display. Workmanship is superb. The buttons don't rattle. The battery cover fits tightly with the magnets holding it in place. Everything about it screams attention to detail. The size is great for pocket carry. JAC did a good job in designing a well thought out DNA mod that looks great, has all the features you need, and doesn't bulge in your pocket.

It's kind of like buying watches. There's Chinese mass production and there's Swiss design. That said, my Invicta Pro Diver watch was designed in Switzerland and eventually assembled in China. It screams attention to detail, but that's a function of OEM oversight at the Chinese factory. My manager used to say, "You get what you expect only if you inspect".

Last edited:

Rockford

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    I'd like it more at $49.95, but it's a great DNA mod. It's sleek and satiny with a nice OLED display. Workmanship is superb. The battery cover fits tightly with the magnets holding it in place. Everything about it screams attention to detail. The size is great for pocket carry. JAC did a good job in designing a well thought out DNA mod that looks great, has all the features you need, and doesn't bulge in your pocket.

Mine sit on my side table a lot, how is it for not falling over when standing up?

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Mine sit on my side table a lot, how is it for not falling over when standing up?

It is rather tall which makes it a bigger target. It's a little easier to knock over than a short wider mod like a Pico. Not a big deal though. You can knock any mod in the world over if you bump it with your elbow.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Because of the bottom "lip", it is more stable when standing up than other mods which do not have a wider base than the body of the mod.

jac-vapour-series-b-dna-75w-mod-sandstorm.jpg

jac-vapour-series-b-dna-75w-mod-sandstorm-base.jpg

The wide base end cap accessory for the Provari was the best solution for long slim mods which were topheavy.

full
    full

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

With my SS Kayfun v2 it's top heavy. Lower profile 24mm attys give it a lower center of gravity. I've knocked mine over a couple of times in as many days with the Kayfun on it. The wide flange around the bottom helps to make its stance a little broader, but not enough to stabilize it. That's not a big deal, though.

I'd like to have a silicone wrap on mine to cushion it. As long as you charge with USB that wouldn't be an issue. I haven't searched for one that's designed for it. Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread