Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I'd send Jac a video of the it jumping in .5 increments.
They will most likely send another, tell you to keep the bad one.
Send the bad one to Evolve for a board replacement, and you will have an extra one for the $7 postage...:thumb:
Keep us posted.
This is a clever and sneaky plan but difficult for me to carry out because the only way I can make a video is to ask my terrifying and judgmental sister to bring her tablet down here and shoot it for me.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Partial success: JAC Vapour's Sarah Dyer sent me instructions on how to switch to wattage mode permanently, so the mod is now usable. I can still only adjust the wattage in .5W increments, though, so I've written her back asking if she has a fix for that (I guess she didn't notice my mention of that peculiarity in my first message). If she has no suggestions, I'll just hold onto the thing and use it as is. I'd prefer to be able to adjust .1W at a time, but it's not worth the trouble of sending the device back to Scotland.

I'll report back on what happens next. It's gripping stuff, I know.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Partial success: JAC Vapour's Sarah Dyer sent me instructions on how to switch to wattage mode permanently, so the mod is now usable. I can still only adjust the wattage in .5W increments, though, so I've written her back asking if she has a fix for that (I guess she didn't notice my mention of that peculiarity in my first message). If she has no suggestions, I'll just hold onto the thing and use it as is. I'd prefer to be able to adjust .1W at a time, but it's not worth the trouble of sending the device back to Scotland.

I'll report back on what happens next. It's gripping stuff, I know.
I'm not certain but I believe you can change the increments in escribe. Let us know if you need help accessing escribe. Myself or someone here will walk you through it. It's not hard.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
You need to download escribe from the Evolv website. Download whatever DNA version you have. Is it the 75 or 75C? If it doesn't download then I'm out of suggestions.

I believe the JAC is the 75. I could be wrong, but I think the 75C has the replay mode.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Yes, it's 75, not 75c.

I was pretty sure I knew why the installation stalled and did what I had to do to make it complete. I have since done a hard reboot on the JAC and applied the two available service packs. And I still can only adjust the wattage in .5W increments. I've already reported this to JAC Vapour, but if it's possible to fix this in Escribe, I'm game. Anyone know how to do this?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DPLongo22

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes, it's 75, not 75c.

I was pretty sure I knew why the installation stalled and did what I had to do to make it complete. I have since done a hard reboot on the JAC and applied the two available service packs. And I still can only adjust the wattage in .5W increments. I've already reported this to JAC Vapour, but if it's possible to fix this in Escribe, I'm game. Anyone know how to do this?
OK, bask straightened my act out the other day so i'll try to remember best I can. What profile is your JAC mod in right now? There should be 8 of them. Which one is your mod in?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Profile 1.

(And thanks so much for taking this on!)
OK, now go to escribe and then hook up your JAC. Then go to the profile 6 tab and click on it. There you will find how your JAC is configured. You can change the parameters in there and upload it to your mod. Not sure but I think you can define the watt increments in there somewhere. If so, does it say .5??

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Why profile 6, by the way?
Senior moment. I thought you said profile 6. :) Sorry.

Just make sure the changes you make in escribe correspond to the profile in your mod.

Maybe these mods are incapable of doing .1 increments. I thought they were. I haven't got my Jac near me. Perhaps someone can chime in. But if it can be changed, escribe is where it would happen.

Reactions: Skeebo

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I have three of them. Two can be adjusted in .1W increments, and this is specified in the manual. Those two also arrived set to wattage mode, also as specified in the manual. The third arrived locked in TC mode, which I've changed according to the advice given to me by Sarah at JAC Vapour. She also suggested that rebooting and applying the service packs might change the adjustment to .1W, as it's supposed to be. That didn't work, and unfortunately she has not stayed late at work to continue slaving over my problem.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Senior moment. I thought you said profile 6. :) Sorry.

Just make sure the changes you make in escribe correspond to the profile in your mod.

Maybe these mods are incapable of doing .1 increments. I thought they were. I haven't got my Jac near me. Perhaps someone can chime in. But if it can be changed, escribe is where it would happen.

It is able to do it in .1 increments, how to get it there I am not sure.

Zazie, I did a google search and found the following link. I have been rooting for you since you posted about this issue and I apologize for being no help in the matter.

Changing watts increments in escribe

I really hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread