JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Also, has anyone used their Jac with a 24mm atty? Does it look ok?

I’m actually on the lookout for a reasonably priced, single-battery dna mod that can handle 24mm tanks without overhang. All my non-squonk mods are 22mm wide and 24mm tanks seem to be the standard these days.
The top of the current sandstorm DNA75W measures 25 mm, so a 24 mm tank will have no overhang. Would that look ok to you? Only you can answer that.

New-JAC-Vapour-Series-B-mod-review.jpg

Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
The top of the current DNA75W measures 23 mm, so a 24 mm tank will have half of a milimeter overhang on each side. Would that look ok to you?

20180706-ss-dna-listing-w6.jpg
I don't understand this--the Zenith doesn't overhang, and it's supposed to be 24.7mm across. There's even a tiny bit of room left over all around it. Was I lucky enough to get a magic edition?

• Informative
Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't understand this--the Zenith doesn't overhang, and it's supposed to be 24.7mm across. There's even a tiny bit of room left over all around it. Was I lucky enough to get a magic edition?
I corrected a typo as you wrote that. ;) The Sandstorm JAC's top diameter is 25mm, so no magic edition for you.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: dwcraig1

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh there are 2 Sandstorm editions? Bummer. The webpage says 23mm:

SERIES-B DNA 75W Vape Mod | E Cigarette | JAC Vapour

I thought it was 24mm or bigger, so I was surprised to see 23mm on the website.

Thanks for the info, guys!

I'm surprised, too. My three certainly aren't 23mm.

The initial ones were all 25. One day the 23mm reference popped up on their site, and in a post here, confusing MANY of us. The last time I had checked their site it still wasn't very clear, but I expect they've worked that out by now (maybe?).

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Did you do anything special to get that price (e.g. leave it in the cart and wait)? It’s showing as $73 without shipping now.

Also, has anyone used their Jac with a 24mm atty? Does it look ok?

I’m actually on the lookout for a reasonably priced, single-battery DNA mod that can handle 24mm tanks without overhang. All my non-squonk mods are 22mm wide and 24mm tanks seem to be the standard these days.

Once it subtracts the VAT it will be $60.83 plus shipping. USA orders dont pay VAT.

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If anyone's been thinking about getting a mod from JAC Vapour....they're having a 10% off sitewide sale until midnight tonight. Use the code LATENIGHT10 at Checkout. Additional terms say "Not to be used with any other offer. Valid on full price items only."

Heads up maybe to @Jumpin' In...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If they're all going to be 23mm now, I sure am glad I bought mine when I did.

I'm glad I got 3 of the 25mm ones myself (1 for use and 2 for the stash). I was initially bummed that they were out of the 23mm ones for a long time and only had the 25mm. But, my 24mm Berserkers and Zeniths definitely do look better on the 25mm Sandstorm.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
If anyone's been thinking about getting a mod from JAC Vapour....they're having a 10% off sitewide sale until midnight tonight. Use the code LATENIGHT10 at Checkout. Additional terms say "Not to be used with any other offer. Valid on full price items only."

Heads up maybe to @Jumpin' In...
Shucks - of all days for me to be off-line!

Thanks tho! :)

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Incredible little mod this one. Jac sent a whole bunch of them out on a UK forum to be abused and apart from one or two minor issue's that where immediately rectified with an improved design they're all still going strong. Jac have a Stella reputation for honouring the guarantee (above and beyond).
Definitely worth the hassle for anyone considering.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Just spent the day tinkering with my old original Jac. I had numerous problems last year with it reading the resistance erratically. I took it apart and poked around trying to figure out what was wrong. When I put it back together it wasn't sending power to the 510 at all and I threw it in the box a few months ago.

Today I took it apart again and touched the solder where the positive wire attached to the 510 pin with an iron until it started to soften. At that point I was getting power to the 510 again, but it still wouldn't register a tank. Eventually figured out there was no electrical connection at all between the body of the 510 and the top plate of the mod. I'm guessing the 510 is loose and corrosion built up between it and the tank top. Maybe something to do with 2 different metals in contact, SS and zinc. Still can't see how the connectivity is lost completely though.

I put a skinny copper washer between the tank and the top of the mod so the base of the tank is electrically connected to the top plate of the mod. Now it works fine. The resistance reading is solid and accurate.

I've had endless problem with that mod. Paint came off. TC stopped working. It read the resistance higher and higher. Eventually it stopped sending power to the 510 altogether. But for some reason I still like it and I'm glad to have it back. Since the resistance reading is stable I might even try TC again. I gave up on that but I have bunch of SS coils I made in a box somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread