Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I mean is the company normal yet? Has anyone ordered something from them yet lately that a) is actually what they ordered b) not all messed up, c) works, etc.

I am not LOOKING for problems, I already GOT problems. That's what I'm sayin'

Anna
No one has ordered anything from them in a long time. At least not that I know of. They've been out of the Series Bs for a long time. I keep getting inundated with their emails. Beyond that, I have no idea what their status is.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
No one has ordered anything from them in a long time. At least not that I know of. They've been out of the Series Bs for a long time. I keep getting inundated with their emails. Beyond that, I have no idea what their status is.

For me, if their newest pre-order mod were a 24 or even a 25 mm mod it would spark some interest. But a 23mm doesn't make sense for my collection new 24 mm toppers. My existing 22mm JACs work well for my 22mm tanks so i've no use for a 23mm size.

(me thinks/guesses, they're going to come out w/ a proprietary 23mm topper, then push that for the latest JAC release.)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
For me, if their newest pre-order mod were a 24 or even a 25 mm mod it would spark some interest. But a 23mm doesn't make sense for my collection new 24 mm toppers. My existing 22mm JACs work well for my 22mm tanks so i've no use for a 23mm size.

(me thinks/guesses, they're going to come out w/ a proprietary 23mm topper, then push that for the latest JAC release.)
To be honest with you, I have no idea what they're going to do next. Not much of anything they've done has made sense to me.

Deemac

Apr 30, 2016
NL
I mean is the company normal yet? Has anyone ordered something from them yet lately that a) is actually what they ordered b) not all messed up, c) works, etc.

Anna
I bought a 25mm Sandstorm from them about a month ago, works perfectly nothing has fallen off or broken yet. I already have a Paranormal DNA 75c and it seems to ramp up even quicker than the Paranormal which has 2*18650 in parallel.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Anna
To be honest with you, I have no idea what they're going to do next. Not much of anything they've done has made sense to me.
Yeah, this stuff. Need to add a few more mods to the stock, and this one occurred to me. DNA at a good price, people that have them love them, compact. So I went to their site, got confused, and came back to this thread.

But man...all the confusion on sizes, Jac not being clear on what they were shipping, bad finishes, bad doors, shoddy display installation. Sandstorm out of stock, no size listed, and no ship date, black on pre-order only. And how do you not have any of your flagship product available for so long?

Still attractive at a good price, though, I guess, though I'd prefer 22mm. I don't pre-order, so I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if I want one after seeing feedback.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, this stuff. Need to add a few more mods to the stock, and this one occurred to me. DNA at a good price, people that have them love them, compact. So I went to their site, got confused, and came back to this thread.

But man...all the confusion on sizes, Jac not being clear on what they were shipping, bad finishes, bad doors, shoddy display installation. Sandstorm out of stock, no size listed, and no ship date, black on pre-order only. And how do you not have any of your flagship product available for so long?

Still attractive at a good price, though, I guess, though I'd prefer 22mm. I don't pre-order, so I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if I want one after seeing feedback.
That's where I'm at Brew. And if/when I order another I will be reading all the fine print because that's where they hide important details (like size, availability, inventory status, etc..).

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have two both are for my daughter when her Radius gives up its soul. I doubt that I will be getting more. JAC seems a little odd since the products became popular, perhaps too much success too fast to handle. I have a bunch of DNA 75 boards and the PDF will be most helpful if I try to rebuild one of them. I downloaded it and have it saved for posterity.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I preordered the new black JAC. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm guilty also of getting in on the preorder. I got the 25mm sandstorm used and like it well enough that I thought I'd get the black one. I've got a 22mm tank that I use regularly that should fit well on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread