Jackaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gérard Toulouse

Apr 27, 2019
Hello,
I am French, I did not find an information in France and I come to get it here.
I would have liked to know the weight of the Jackaroo box. I found 3 different answers. So if anyone could weigh it. (the box only without battery)
If it is too heavy I would take the aegis solo, but I would prefer the Jackaroo because I'm hiking and a 21700 will recharge much faster when I cross villages (xtar over4 slim 4.1 amps)

And a member of the forum (Punk in drublic) says that Jackaroo has bug?

Thank you

Communauté

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
According to DJLsb, who is know for taking objective measures of devices under test, the Jackaroo does not output at the same power level that has been assigned. This might be corrected with a firmware update but I do not see one on the Vandy Vape website.

DJLsb also mentioned the device weighs 227 grams.

Gérard Toulouse

Apr 27, 2019
thank you for your quick reply . The power is not good. Always the same way?
Just put stronger or weaker? or is it more random than that?
I am unable to understand the video in English (sory)

Communauté

Merci pour votre réponse rapide . Le pouvoir n'est pas bon. Toujours de la même manière?
Il suffit de mettre plus fort ou plus faible? ou est-ce plus aléatoire que ça?
Je suis incapable de comprendre la vidéo en anglais (sory)

Communauté

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It is not consistent, meaning off by the same amount through out it’s range. Here’s a screen shot of his measurements.

Untitled.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Looking at the chart it seems that the device reads the resistance wrong, then assigns the incorrect voltage resulting in an incorrect wattage. Instead of setting it at your preferred wattage, 10 watts, you could adjust the out put until you find a setting you like.

Perhaps send Vandy Vape an email addressing your concerns. They might be working on a firmware update and just have not released it yet.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
If you look at the chart:
Untitled.jpg

It is fairly consistent with a .5Ω to 1Ω coil.
The Ω reading is not accurate, but not bad and the watts delivered are consistent, but low.
If you vape at 10 watts with a 1Ω coil, you may need to use 11 watts with the Jack.

HTH
Cheers
I

Janishewskiy

Apr 9, 2016
I will now write a review on Jackaroo, it will test the voltage for the power range and resistance, the data I bring to the table.
Unfortunately I don’t really trust the DJLsb reviews, because I caught it on incorrect data several times. In addition, it is necessary to focus only on the resistance determined by the device, and not on some kind of reference.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I will now write a review on Jackaroo, it will test the voltage for the power range and resistance, the data I bring to the table.
Unfortunately I don’t really trust the DJLsb reviews, because I caught it on incorrect data several times. In addition, it is necessary to focus only on the resistance determined by the device, and not on some kind of reference.

Would be very interested in your measurements. What equipment are you using?

At the time of this post DJLsb was the only reviewer to provide objective measurements that I knew of - and my above comments was based on the information I had at the time. Pbusardo also reviewed the Jackaroo ~1.5 months later (just less than a month after this thread) and his measurements seem to display a higher level of accuracy. So the question now becomes did Vandy Vape use DJLsb as reference and correct the discrepancies prior to final release? It wouldn’t be the first time. There is also the possibilities that DJLsb received a faulty device. Regardless, I do feel DJLsb measurements are accurate to the device he is reviewing. But that obviously does not void him of error which is also a possibility. That said, as a consumer, I find value in his reviews for we do not know if a poorly measured device will be corrected or not and we can use such objective measurements to make a purchasing decision.

Janishewskiy

Apr 9, 2016
Let me explain a few things about this table.
First of all, there are a lot of numbers, they are first dictated to the recorder, then transferred to the computer, so there may be errors. Secondly, the principle: "What I saw, I wrote it down", the voltage constantly floats, for various reasons.
I reckon that, due to the large amount of data, it will be possible to understand the dynamics, and not specific figures.
The first column in the group is the calculated voltage, they are calculated on the basis of a certain resistance (read by the device) and the power that I put on it (the leftmost column). The second column in the group, the voltage shown on the device screen. The 3rd column is the power calculated based on the resistance. The 4th column, the voltage read by the oscilloscope in the voltage measurement mode (RMS over one frame of the oscilloscope), the 4th column is the calculated power.
The oscilloscope is connected between the device and the RDA base on which there is a spiral.
DSC07753_cr.jpg
2019-07-13_224223.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK the weight but honestly I'd be more inclined to go with the solo or even the original Ages Geekvape is a lot more tried and true when it comes to the unbreakable and/or submergible market. Also I'm not sure that a few grams are gonna make THAT much difference although I know that's not true for hikers but if I wasted a few grams anywhere I'd probably do it for a really consistent vape I KNOW if not going to fry out in the middle of nowhere.

It's just a thought,

Anna

Reactions: Georgia Boy

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
IDK the weight but honestly I'd be more inclined to go with the solo or even the original Ages Geekvape is a lot more tried and true when it comes to the unbreakable and/or submergible market. Also I'm not sure that a few grams are gonna make THAT much difference although I know that's not true for hikers but if I wasted a few grams anywhere I'd probably do it for a really consistent vape I KNOW if not going to fry out in the middle of nowhere.

It's just a thought,

Anna

The one thing I hear the jack jack is better at is screen durability. The link I posted mentioned that his aegis testing broke several from a 10' fall.
The same guy couldn't figure out TC on the topside dual, or how to load firmware on the single though.
The OG aegis is impossible to find though. Do it's solo or legend. No ,20700 support from geekvape.

Janishewskiy

Apr 9, 2016
It surprises me that the interface very much reminded VOOPOO with its ill-conceived interface.
TC "thanks for working like this" is impossible to use.
And heaviness. This brick weighs 230 grams.
From Aegis Solo, I had a completely different opinion, although prior to writing a review I was expecting about the same as from VOOPOO VMATE. The interface is extremely thought out, I have not seen this in Chinese devices for a long time. The only thing I didn’t like was the lid.

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
I just picked one up. Most of my mods are on the heavy side. I am outside a lot so I have been going for tough mods lately but that translates over to weight. Once I have had it longer I will know if the added weight really means added durability. The waterproof feature is nice. I can't figure the menu system out to save my life though. The screen is a little small for my liking but its manageable. The owners manual is even smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread