Jamaica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
Warning- rant on- I am headed to Jamaica tomorrow. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with customs and the ministry of health in Jamaica discussing e-cigs. Each referred me to the other. Never heard so much double speak in my life. They will confiscate upon arrival anything you have or use that contains nicotine and may confiscate any e-cig gear. Can't take e-cig, juice or vape gear with you or it may be confiscated unless you have a permit from the ministry of health or a doctors prescription. Can not get a permit without submitting what you intend to bring for study. Could not and would not tell me what was allowed only that anything is subject to confiscation based on the interpretation of the customs agent on the direction of the ministry of health. They say the mirror the laws and regulations of the United States, then the wishes of the regulators in the United States. Then they said they might agree that anything sold as unregulated and openly in the United States would be treated as okay but they have to confiscate it and study it first. They treat e-cigs in two different ways. Anything with nicotine is treated as a therapeutic drug and as such is subject to regulation and confiscation unless you have a doctors prescription. Ministry of health referred me to customs and customs referred me to the ministry of health. Apparently anything without nicotine is just a flavored vape and no big deal
What I was able to glean, some e-cigs have just flavor and no nicotine. Some have nicotine and are considered a therapeutic drug and as such are treated like a drug and will be confiscated. They were quick to point out that e-cigs are not banned, you apparently just can't have them when you enter the country. They were also quick to point out that they have decriminalized the ganga. Two ounces or less is a ticket. Oh and you can bring in two cartons of cigarettes.
We would cancel our trip but my son might miss us at his wedding

Rant Off
Campaign idea- e-mail studies to the Ministry of Health. Calling Dr. Farsolinas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread