Janty Dura

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
And I think you are far from being honest. Especially as a seller of one of the most expensive devices on the market with no warranty as far as I know.

Trogs device is expensive because it is not made in a sweatshop in china, he makes them himself. And you've apparently missed the whole point of devices like his. This warranty that expensive brands put on cheap cheap atomizers and batteries they charge too much for even though they know have a short lifespan is a silly scheme they have going to keep their profits high, and trog's device is trying to circumvent that.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
trog100: By pushing your homemade battery pack in a hudred little ways. by selling this pack for price that does not reflect its value (24 atomizers + Ł 109 upfront + some spare batteries a year, that is *some* price). By trying to pretend that you sell a real e-cig when it suit you, and claim that you only really sell one half when that suits you. By saying the atomiser is to be replaced twice monthly one day and that it can last six months the other day. In claiming you make a "better device than the whole Chinese nation" even though maybe some screws and joints (and maybe a Radioshack switch) are yours but otherwise it is a Chinese flashlight with a Chinese atomizer. By attacking each and every negative mentioning of your battery pack, quickly resorting to ad hominem arguments when you run out of the real ones. And so on. I just think you are laughing in your sleeve at the bunnies that buy your **** thinking they are getting something valueable for their money.

I would also like if you left me out of your cerebrating about excrements and the like. Push your battery pack to the bunnies as much as you wish, but just pretend I am not here, okay? I do not enjoy any direct communication with the likes of you.

Off.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
trog100: By pushing your homemade battery pack in a hudred little ways. by selling this pack for price that does not reflect its value (24 atomizers + Ł 109 upfront + some spare batteries a year, that is *some* price). By trying to pretend that you sell a real e-cig when it suit you, and claim that you only really sell one half when that suits you. By saying the atomiser is to be replaced twice monthly one day and that it can last six months the other day. In claiming you make a "better device than the whole Chinese nation" even though maybe some screws and joints (and maybe a Radioshack switch) are yours but otherwise it is a Chinese flashlight with a Chinese atomizer. By attacking each and every negative mentioning of your battery pack, quickly resorting to ad hominem arguments when you run out of the real ones. And so on. I just think you are laughing in your sleeve at the bunnies that buy your **** thinking they are getting something valueable for their money.

I would also like if you left me out of your cerebrating about excrements and the like. Push your battery pack to the bunnies as much as you wish, but just pretend I am not here, okay? I do not enjoy any direct communication with the likes of you.

Off.

Frankie, you are talking nonsense and are not worthy of a more reasoned argument. Welcome to my ignore list

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
interesting if mixed up thoughts frankie..

but the only reason the SD exists at all is because the entire chinese nation failed to produce a device that satisfied our families heavy e smoking needs...

this isnt my fault.. but it really is the truth.. the SD came onto being because of one reason.. nothing the chinese produced did the job we needed an e cig to do.. what the blurb says on ebay really is true..

The ScrewDriver. A new concept in E-Smoking.

After many months of dissatisfied E-Smoking we decided the only way to get a product that satisfied our needs was to make one ourselves!

The ScrewDriver is the end result

okay this makes me some friends and lots of enemies.. more enemies than friends.. nothing much i can do about that..

the price.. will people buy what we made for our own use.. at a price it has to be sold at... well we would have happily paid £100 up front for the battery side of an e smoking device that used a decent sized battery that didnt wear out every two weeks given our type of use..

the loong totem zippo thing comes to mind.. we tried to buy one.. they dont exist..

so knowing what we know we put the SD out to market.. the claims we make for it are true..

the original idea was just to sell the SD as the power supply side of an e cig.. but it ended up costing more to produce than we though.. so we gave the SD added value.. a couple of shiny atomizers some carts and liquid.. all thrown in pretty much at cost..

okay some new products will appear.. what was true a few months back might not be true come the new year.. things change..

one thing that might change is we might decide to prodce a whole new ranges of SD products.. all made in f-cking china all made to our design.. its possible...

the e smoking world might get better for real.. who knows..

anyways frankie.. f-ck u too.. he he

trog

Last edited:

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
I have a screwdriver but I don't consider myself a bunny. I knew exactly what it was cos Trog didn't pretend it was anything else. I've seen the flashlight it's donored from.

I could've added up the cost of the parts and said, "whoa - the price is x times the cost of the components, screw that" but that would be missing the point.

I didn't have the time or inclination to put this together myself. It took me less time to earn the cost of the SD than it would have taken to make it. Also, mine would have blown up inside a week. If the switch on the SD busts I'm sure Trog'll fix it for me (it's about the only thing that could bust, except maybe the lanyard and I fitted that myself).

My e-cig collection spans generic and name-brand models. Most of them live on the shelf, entirely because of battery life. I mainly use the Screwdriver, generic 4072s and an occasional Ruyan disposable e-cigar.

Battery life is everything to me. I'm convinced by Trog's argument that tubular cigarette-like batteries aren't up to the job. The reason I can use generic 4072s is that I always have 8 batteries warming up on The Octopus ©. Hardly portable though.

I'm waiting for Trog to manufacture the converter rings cos I'd like to get my Janty and Sedansa atomisers back into use.

No hurry, though.

Emp

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
Battery life is everything to me. I'm convinced by Trog's argument that tubular cigarette-like batteries aren't up to the job. The reason I can use generic 4072s is that I always have 8 batteries warming up on The Octopus ©. Hardly portable though.

Emp

Well the proliferation of the USB battery adapter ended the battery problem. I'm currently using a Puresmoker 801 with USB adapter and one of these

Zap Combo Charger for AA Batteries, Cell phones and MP3 players - RX4 - RitzCamera.com

4 ni-mh rechargeable AA batteries with 1200ma each. The device puts out 4.8 to 6v and senses what the device needs. I get loads of smoke with this thing. More than a normal battery or a USB port. A charge should last a couple of days. Total cost, about $100 US for everything. The days of the SD are numbered :evil:

Brian

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
we use donor parts emp because its the sensible way to do it.. no other reason..

an e cig mainly consists of two parts.. the atomizer part and the battery holder part...

what is commonly called an e cig battery isnt a battery at all.. its a battery holder.. its made from a piece of metal tubing which is then painted.. a small lithium cell (battery) a switch and some solid state electronics..

all these bits get stuffed inside the metal tube.. the whole assembly isnt that clever.. the battery is too small and the other junk is unreliable..

everything is made from "donor" parts.. our donor parts just happen to cost more and be better than the average e cigs donor parts.. he he

we could of course get some picks and shovels.. go dig some bauxite out of the ground.. make out own aluminum so as the likes of frankie and any other SD knocker cant use the flashlight (its only a torch) factor..

or we could just use some steel tube and start from there.. the end product would not be as good so we dont.. he he

we use the SD ourselves.. take my word for it if there was something that suited our needs better we would use that..

we aint any threat to the rest of the industry for two main reasons.. the SDs high initial price and the fact we cant make many of them.. the SD is just a small niche market thing..

but so far assuming a real cig appearance isnt wanted it is the best there is for heavy users or none ecigaholics people who just want the one device and use it all the time....

i only ever defend it when it get unreasonably knocked.. there are some people on this forum who would never say a good word about it if their life depended on it.. often cos they simply dont like me.. bless em..

i know exactly who they are he he he..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Well the proliferation of the USB battery adapter ended the battery problem. I'm currently using a Puresmoker 801 with USB adapter and one of these

Zap Combo Charger for AA Batteries, Cell phones and MP3 players - RX4 - RitzCamera.com

4 ni-mh rechargeable AA batteries with 1200ma each. The device puts out 4.8 to 6v and senses what the device needs. I get loads of smoke with this thing. More than a normal battery or a USB port. A charge should last a couple of days. Total cost, about $100 US for everything. The days of the SD are numbered :evil:

Brian

providing u dont mind wires brian i could tell u how to do it for twenty dollars.. in fact i tried but the server died and killed the post..

trog

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
providing u dont mind wires brian i could tell u how to do it for twenty dollars.. in fact i tried but the server died and killed the post..

trog

Ha! I could beat your $20. Again if you like wires, I can't be doing with them 1200mAh NiMH What kind of junk are these batteries? 2800mAh from 7dayshop for 6 quid.

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
Ha! I could beat your $20. Again if you like wires, I can't be doing with them 1200mAh NiMH What kind of junk are these batteries? 2800mAh from 7dayshop for 6 quid.

That is just what came with the kit. I plan to upgrade when these wear out some. Besides, I have 5000mAh total now. Don't need to crank my car with it while vaping. On second thought, that would be a neat trick. :lol::lol:

Brian

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
three simple 2600 mah NiMh AA rechargables wired straight into a chopped off usb e cig lead would do the job.. a simple four cell holder with one blank.. u could do it even cheaper by wiring the pack straight into a dead battery end..

u could use four but it would be over powering the atomizer.. okay for wimpy semi dead ones.. a normal e cig battery is rated 3.6/7 volts three 2600 NiMh cells will do the job nicely..

four AA 2600 NiMh cells at 4.8 volts would also make a nice USB power pack for next to nothing.. there is no real need for voltage controled 7.2 lithium packs

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread