Janty eGo & 510 Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

St_Francisco

ECF Veteran
Two questions if you guys can help me out:

1. I'm considering making the Janty eGo my first e-cig purchase, but the cost of the Dura/eGo atomizer is $17.00 on the Janty website! I was wondering if there were cheaper alternatives for atomizers that will fit the eGo battery?

2. As I said, this will be my first e-cig purchase. I know there are a lot of cart mods, so I was wondering if there were any 510-specific cart mods that increase the performance of the carts?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Your choice for a first e-cig is surprising, not because it is a bad product (I'm sure it is not), but because it is fairly expensive ($80) and unproven. The supplier, Janty, is very reputable and no Johnny-come-lately; and has a fine track recorded of unique, well-received models.

Might you want to consider testing the water first? You may not even like the 510 attomizer. [Yes the Janty Dura, the atomizer used with the eGO, is a Joye 510.] At 600 mAh, the eGO battery certainly will make it more effective, but, at root, it is a 510, rather than an 801 or 901, for example.

You could purchase a Joye 510 starter kit (e.g., for $35 from Cignot) or even a "disposable" 510 kit (that term is misleading; it can be recharged many times) for $10 from MadVapes to see if you like it, then continue using those atomizers on the eGO if you choose to dive in all the way.

If you do decide to take the plunge immediately (which would not be a "bad" decision), the least expensive Joye 510 atomizers I know of are $8 (+ free shipping on $14+ orders) from Rocky Mountain Vapor.

Whatever you decide, don't forget to order e-liquid! All any of these doohickeys do really is vaporize the juice put in them. And vaporized 24mg Marlboro is a very different experience from vaporized 0mg Mint Chocolate Chip or Kung Pao Chicken.

Once you've got your device and the juice to put in it, you can deliver the juice to the atomizer via cartridges or drip directly on the atomizer. If appears that you intend to use carts. You obviously have been researching this and realize that the material the manufactures put in the carts leaves a lot to be desired. Hence the cartridge mods to which you refer.

There are several 510 cart mods. What follows are some of the most popular and is taken from Part 3 of the 510 Guide referenced in my signature:
  • MsT shows us how to refill a cartridge with fluval … and how to clean the atomizer:

• GrimmGreen (along with many other vapers) re-stuffs the cartridge with a teabag of all things:
In that video, he uses a traditional teabag. Even more popular for this is the Pyramid Tea Bag (PTB).

• What recently may have become the most popular material to use is blue foam, described and illustrated in detail in this thread by eclipse … and demonstrated here by VaporHead:
  • I usually drip, but sometimes I remember my Boy Scout Motto and prepare a few cartridges in advance for use when I’m out in the world. When I do, I’ve applied an adaptation of the blue foam mod using AquaClear reticulated foam recommended by quovadis and Hellen A. Handbasket or Hagen Fluval Foam Inserts recommended by kevbow. [NOTE: The label on the box on the right emphasizes “fluval,” however these are the fluval foam inserts, not the same thing.]
AquaClearandFluvalFoam.jpg

Hope this all helps, St_Francisco!

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
St_Francisco: Two questions if you guys can help me out:

1. I'm considering making the Janty eGo my first e-cig purchase, but the cost of the Dura/eGo atomizer is $17.00 on the Janty website! I was wondering if there were cheaper alternatives for atomizers that will fit the eGo battery?

The atomizer that goes for $15.95 on the Janty site has a warranty of 6 months. The other one - a TAWA (Throw AWay Atomizer) for $7.95 is the same type of atomizer - a Joye without the wide band. The real difference is no warranty. You might just get it there since you'll be paying some shipping anyway. But later you might want to get extra attys at RockyMountaingVapor for $8/piece and with 2 you get free shipping (anything over $14). For bulk purchases heaven gifts has the best prices but a $15 shipping fee.

JOYE510 Atomizers

They're out of stock on everything but the copper but with the eGO sheath, pretty sure that covers the atty.

2. As I said, this will be my first e-cig purchase. I know there are a lot of cart mods, so I was wondering if there were any 510-specific cart mods that increase the performance of the carts?[/quote]

None necessarily specific for the 510. Despite what filler you may use - oem, polyfil, foam, wool, one of the more popular and workable, imo, mods is the original straw mod for venting:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html

It really does what it says it will - you fill the cart and watch the bubbles rise through the straw and you get 2x + of the number of drops than without it. I use a J&J 'safety swab' Qtip shaft rather than the coffee stirrers. I cut a bit of a diagonal on the top part as well just to give a bit more room for the atty bridge putting the straw down the rounded side of the 510 cart well, so it is, as in the link, 1/16 below the top of the cart. I use it with foam but it works well with any filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread