Janty MID and Joytech Emode

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Just ordered one of these Janty MID's to see what it's all about. I watched a few reviews, GrimmGreen was not impressed, but thats him and not me. I like gadgets, the more 'gadgety' the better lol. 25 watts as well, which is hard to get. A built in oscilloscope? to cool lol

Also ordered a Joytech Emode (used, new in box).

I'll let you all know how I feel they compare to the ProVari and VTR next week when they arrive.

I rarely use the VTR anymore, thinking I should sell it to someone that wants to quit smoking cigarettes, like i did with the CoolFire 2.

I know the ProVari isn't very 'gadgety', but it does do what it needs to do, reads ohms, checks battery. The Provari is built like a tank, and I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon!

I noticed the add on software module prices are way down for the Janty MID, you can get the Platinum pack with all modules for less than 15 bucks.:ohmy:

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
I rarely use the VTR anymore, thinking I should sell it to someone that wants to quit smoking cigarettes, like i did with the CoolFire 2.

If you know someone who smokes perhaps you could gift it to them (and a clearo) and help them quit, it's a pretty great feeling to help someone stop smoking.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
I'm not a big fan of reviews. I do watch them, but I don't put a whole lot of stock into them.

Look at the Janty MID reviews, everyone is confused by the functionality of the unit. Well, use it for a month or so and get back to me I say. The Janty MID has a built in oscilloscope! I'm sure I will find it confusing at first as well, but I love learning curves, unlike some people. The Janty MID is made in the Philippines, and has a feature set nothing else can come close too. As it is not selling well as far as I can see, I doubt we will see new versions of it. Don't get me wrong, I like my Provari, it delivers a great vape each and every time, if it came in a model that had a built in oscilloscope, i'd buy that one just cause thats what I like.

The Janty is a 25 watt device that I can play around with in so many different ways. Thats appealing to me. The Provari has rock solid reliability, thats appealing to me.

As far as having 'money to burn', thats an appropriate comment! If I look at that question from a certain angle, it makes sense, yes I do, as I am no longer spending money on 'burning' tobacco! At 14 dollars a pack, the Janty MID is less than a weeks worth of the money I was saving. The add on modules for the Janty are no longer expensive like they used to be, it is under 15 bucks to add on all the functionality. The Joystick is rated for 100,000 'presses'. I do think the vaping community is missing out on a great device because some reviewers gave up on the learning curve. Not everyone wants a complex ecig. I will have a simple one and a complex one, I'll use them both. The Janty is not that expensive, it does have some shortcomings. Again the feature set is simply amazing as far as I am concerned, and unless the vaping community gives it some love, I doubt we will see an updated version that takes care of the shortcomings. And no, to me, the lack of a screen is not a shortcoming. Everyone must know by now that an OLED screen is not the answer, as they are the weakest link. I'll take a flashing light, why not. An eight segment or greater screen would have been nice, but it's not an option at this time.

The Janty MID is not a device you hand to a buddy and say, look what it can do! It's something the owner figures out, over time. I don't play video games anymore, I think I have enough time to figure this thing out, and at 25 watts, it does have some advantages. Do I think stacking two small batteries is the greatest idea? no, but thats what they are offering now, so I'll give it a whirl. Do I think i can run it over with my truck like I could with the Provari? Umm, yes, it is very durable lol.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
I was LUSTING for the emode until THIS:

A PBusardo Review - The JoyTech eMode - YouTube
BUT if you have money to burn.......

Check out the Janty MID, Pbusardo hasn't poisoned it yet with a bad review. Grimm Green did, he couldn't figure it out in half an hour, so he put it on his wall of shame. Reviewers go through so many models of ecigs that they don't have time. I like buying new models, but not at the rate the reviewers get them sent into their post boxes. If Grimm Green was to use the Janty for a week straight, and only had one or two other models to fall back upon, his opinion might be different. He might say, "I get it now" I do know one person that has a Janty MID, a major ejuice producer, and he learned it and loves it to the exclusion of all others for home use. The batteries hold it back for being a true one size fits all solution, but again, who doesn't have a backup ecig. Heck, i have backups for backups, like many here.

I don't let an online reviewer take the fun away from my hobby. If he doesn't like it, so be it. Like he says, it's his opinion. Sure, the little ring is difficult to read the numbers on and it has no knurling. So what? Given some time, you become comfortable with a devices shortcomings. I am not searching for 'the best' of anything, i like to try new and different things, it's what makes life exciting for me anyways. My Grandpa didn't keep his model T forever, if he had, and everyones grandpa had, we would still all be driving Model T's.

Innovation and choice makes the world go around, some are winners, some not so much, others go into the trash pile. The ProVari is a great unit, like a muscle car, solid and reliable. The Janty and Joytech and DNA mods are more akin to a four wheel drive, traction controlled sports car.

Bad analogy, but sometimes I wish to play around with my device, it keeps me interested and off the burning tobacco leaf. I'm easily bored, the Provari gives me a great vape each and every time until the battery is dead. The Provari will be there for me anytime I need it. When I am bored, I can play with the Janty and the Joytech. I doubt they will give the service life of a Provari, however, If I don't abuse them, perhaps they will! Will or won't, not many things are forever anyways.

I do believe the Provari was a good investment. It seems to me to be the most solid mod available at this time that is variable voltage and variable wattage. Made in America, a clone of a chinese ecig, done better than the originals. The Philippines, thru Janty and the mech mod builders are innovators in this market in my opinion, they make some cool stuff! I'm getting my Janty while they still make them, soon, due to lack of sales, the Janty MID will not be available if I am reading the markets correctly. The engineering team that made that thing can be proud, it's not their fault the ecig community was not willing to see and use the innovations that were put into it. It keeps me from smoking, interested in my new hobby, it's worth it to me.

People watch Pbusardo's videos for his oscilloscope readings, well the Janty mid has one built into it's chip! Is there another mod with it's trick functionality? I know it doesn't matter to a lot of people, but I'm techy, and I love learning curves, and it costs as much as one, repeat one carton of cigarettes that I was buying each and every week and burning, so yes, it seems I do have money to burn.

Last edited:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
No, i just threw it in there as it is in the mail along with the Emode. Neither get any love, and in my opinion it's the online reviews that make or break an ecig nowadays. If Pbusardo was to say the ProVari was a POS, sales would plummet I'm sure. Sheeple put too much faith in others words and don't work from their own personal experience.

Anyone here have a Janty MiD?

Chakthi

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Dayton, Ohio
I have to admit that I was a little bit disappointed with Mr. Green when it came to the Janty Mid. I really enjoy his reviews 99% of the time, but he made things out to be much harder than I'm sure they actually are with the Mid. Phil Busardo is arguably the best reviewer out there. The thing about him is that he is very thorough. I feel that after watching a pbusardo review, I pretty much know everything about the device that there is to know with few exceptions, but I suppose there's something to be said for actually owning the device and using it. Let us know what you think of the Mid after you receive it and have had a chance to become familiar with it. One thought about the 25-watt capability - it uses tiny batteries, so even though I believe I read it can output something over 8 volts, I doubt it will be able to do it very long before the batteries are depleted. Just some thoughts on your post... :)

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
I have to admit that I was a little bit disappointed with Mr. Green when it came to the Janty Mid. I really enjoy his reviews 99% of the time, but he made things out to be much harder than I'm sure they actually are with the Mid. Phil Busardo is arguably the best reviewer out there. The thing about him is that he is very thorough. I feel that after watching a pbusardo review, I pretty much know everything about the device that there is to know with few exceptions, but I suppose there's something to be said for actually owning the device and using it. Let us know what you think of the Mid after you receive it and have had a chance to become familiar with it. One thought about the 25-watt capability - it uses tiny batteries, so even though I believe I read it can output something over 8 volts, I doubt it will be able to do it very long before the batteries are depleted. Just some thoughts on your post... :)

Yes, I would assume it will chew through the batteries pretty quickly at 25 watts. The 16340's with the kit are only 550 mAh's.
The Joytech Emode comes with a Sanyo 16650 rated at a respectable 2500 mAh.

That Grim Green character has trouble with a one button menu setup on a ProVari, it's no wonder he's not got the patience or intelligence to figure something out a little bit more complex. PBusardo in my opinion does much better reviews. A presentation of facts, not biased with his own personal opinions.

Last edited:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Was sitting here thinking about the battery life. I will be able to program it say for 8 watts for 4 seconds, then 1/2 second at 25 watts, then back down to say 10 watts.

The way the MiD implements the vaping profiles is through an arbitrary waveform of voltage or power (Watts) on an editable timeline of 0-12 seconds. The MiD editable timeline allows you to fully control every 1/10 second of your puff.

Battery life might not be that bad if it's not constantly firing at 25 watts. I had a look at the software for the device, and wow, looks like the dashboard of a car, too cool!

Last edited:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
I have discovered the likely reason the reviewers gave it bad reviews lol. Janty pressured them with a bunch of stipulations upon receiving the devices for review.
REVIEW OF THE JANTY NEO ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE - YouTube
So someone in the Janty legal department made a blunder when all the stipulations to the reviewers, that doesn't affect me. Just review the products and show us the feature set boys and girls! I also suspect Janty asked for the products back after review, which upset a few of them as well lol. What better way to strike back than to give it a bad review hahaa.

Last edited:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Looking online at the instruction manual for the device and the software, I am very impressed with the quality of the manuals! No broken english. Tons of pictures and a very well presented documentation. Professional looking to say the least! I have rarely seen a better instruction manual for anything I have ever owned. Hope this is an indication of the quality of the device itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread