• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Janty MiD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Wow. Um. Okay. So in another thread talking about the eVic I joked that joyetech should just give it its own App Store. Because that's kind of ridiculous, right? A PV with its own App Store? Ha ha ha!

Ha ... ha.

Crap. Me and my big mouth.

So, like ... yeah. There it is. The Janty MiD. All the goodies of the eVic, smaller, stacked 16340s/123As, no screen, and downloadable pay-to-play upgrade modules. And a social ecosystem. Did I mention the social ecosystem? It has a social ecosystem. And a joystick.

A JOYSTICK.

Good? Bad? Over-engineering taken to its logical extreme conclusion? I dunno. I can't decide if I think the MiD could be the greatest thing since parachute pants or the vaping equivalent of the half-pound Reese's cup.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Good? Bad? Over-engineering taken to its logical extreme conclusion? I dunno. I can't decide if I think the MiD could be the greatest thing since parachute pants or the vaping equivalent of the half-pound Reese's cup.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I'm speechless.... intrigued.... beguiled..... and anxious as all get out to see one of these things..... glad I opted for the Vamo 'cos my the time I might be able to afford an eVic, I might wanna check this out. The whole variable power through a puff thing has me utterly spellbound..... this must be reviewed! I'll be looking forward to it!

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
And a joystick.

A JOYSTICK.

Good? Bad? Over-engineering taken to its logical extreme conclusion? I dunno.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Now they have to build an ecig into my playstation controller...lolololololol.

I do think the eVic has a rotatable portion which would work like a joystick for left/right.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Oh. My. Goodness.

I'm speechless.... intrigued.... beguiled..... and anxious as all get out to see one of these things..... glad I opted for the Vamo 'cos my the time I might be able to afford an eVic, I might wanna check this out. The whole variable power through a puff thing has me utterly spellbound..... this must be reviewed! I'll be looking forward to it!

Well, I don't have a line on the MiD at the moment, nor the Vamo. I do have an eVic scheduled to come my way when it arrives though, so there's that.

I dunno. I'm a serious gadget geek, but even the MiD has me simultaneously scratching my head and going "Do I think that's cool? It looks cool. It's got an absurd plethora of features. But is it too much?"

It's kind of like -- if I can gamer-geek out for a moment -- Fallout 3 vs. New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3. Then New Vegas came out and I got all excited, and then found that they took the whole "grab bits of scrap and make stuff" concept taht was pretty simple and had a limited set of objects that could be combined to make things and totally built it out into this ridiculously fiddly thing where there were a million things you could collect and make things out of and recycle and stuff and it just turned me right off because I don't want to be bothered with such absurd minutiae, I just want to play a damn game, not scrounge for 4 different components to make a single bullet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Now they have to build an ecig into my playstation controller...lolololololol.

I do think the eVic has a rotatable portion which would work like a joystick for left/right.

Yeah, but the ring on the eVic at least makes sense. It replaces the up/down buttons already common on many mods. A full-on 5-way joystick though could conceptually be good, but might also be awkward. Like the ability to modulate your voltage/wattage in realtime mid-puff by waggling the joystick while it's pressed down. I just want to vape, not play juice pong.

So even my mod will have Facebook.

And Twitter.

CobbersMiD said:
Jeez, this guy vapes a lot. And this juice he's put in me is terrible! Smells like rotten tunafish! #vapersproblems

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
This is actually a pretty elegant interface. It should be a LOT more ergonomic and easy to use than the ridicuous, maddening multi-click BS that APVs like Provari and ZMax use.

Pretty cool idea, if you're a sort of OCD tweeker who is REALLY interested in your personal vaping habits and want to monitor things like "puff count" and real battery life.

But I'll admit, I like the e-Vic better, because it has a display on the mod, and you don't have to plug it in to read the important data real-time.

If they made the software for these units to run on the Mac natively, I'd be seriously considering getting them both though...

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Can you imagine... auto updating your status to say what your vaping at what voltage on what resistance.... :blink:

It freakin' well can save "vaping profiles" at their community which are author stamped and if edited retain your original credits!? Wut-tha!?--

So if you find the PERRRRFECT setting for a certain juice, it's forever credited to you I guess? and future edits credit the editor, but still credit you with the original profile..... this is craaaaziness....

I'm a little freaked out by the whole RGB button joystick (customizable smartclicks and colors!) ..... and no screen.... I'd have to see, but with all the things this thing seems ready to do, I wonder if it would be like trying to operate a smartphone from memory if the screen didn't work..... anyway, it's very intriguing!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm a little freaked out by the whole RGB button joystick (customizable smartclicks and colors!) ..... and no screen.... I'd have to see, but with all the things this thing seems ready to do, I wonder if it would be like trying to operate a smartphone from memory if the screen didn't work..... anyway, it's very intriguing!

This is the bit that potentially could bother me most about it. Without a proper screen you have to remember what colours you set to what profile settings and stuff. "Wait, does mauve mean hot? Or is that the profile that pulses at 30Hz and 10W for 2 seconds before fading to an 8W 200Hz pulse? Damnit! I knew I should have used teal."

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
This is the bit that potentially could bother me most about it. Without a proper screen you have to remember what colours you set to what profile settings and stuff. "Wait, does mauve mean hot? Or is that the profile that pulses at 30Hz and 10W for 2 seconds before fading to an 8W 200Hz pulse? Damnit! I knew I should have used teal."

My feelings exactly.... I already have enough to remember!!-- whose texts and calls flash what color and play what tune, which msging service makes what bleep, how to program the VCR (yes, I still have a VCR, but no, I don't actually use it).... and of course, where I put my keys..... do I need to memorize an APV profile now too? I can see me typing up a cheat sheet and carrying it everywhere until I lose it while I'm out and don't even know how to vape until I can get home and print a new copy lol

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think im going for the evic. Or maybe wait for version 2 with the colour 1080p screen so i can watch movies while i vape.

I'm definitely excited about the eVic. That has a crapload of features too, but it seems pretty well-balanced between feature set and relative simplicity.

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm definitely excited about the eVic. That has a crapload of features too, but it seems pretty well-balanced between feature set and relative simplicity.

Im most excited about more info on the bigger screen. My biggest gripe with provari and vmax devices is the endless button clicking just to see the most important info. Looking forward to getting my vamo which seems pretty intuitive and easy to check basic info and then getting the evic when it comes out. Time to retire some of my mods with flakey buttons.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Im most excited about more info on the bigger screen. My biggest gripe with provari and vmax devices is the endless button clicking just to see the most important info. Looking forward to getting my vamo which seems pretty intuitive and easy to check basic info and then getting the evic when it comes out. Time to retire some of my mods with flakey buttons.

Yeah, that's going to flip my buttons too. I love my Provari but wish I didn't have to go through all the clicky clicky to get anywhere. The eVic has some serious potential for great features, and I can't wait for it to get here.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
It is definitely Christmas time for all gadget geeks like myself. (Oh wait...)

While it's great that all these new mods are coming out, I wish the other equation (atty's, clearo's, tanks, carts) gets some lovin' as well.
Where's the magnetic conduction heating element or the fission powered laser atomizer with micro injection juice system? I've almost rubbed my fingerprints off rolling ss wicks for the past 3 weeks! :)

But seriously, my next purchase is going to be a provari. I need something that is solid and reliable to serve as a baseline. (Didn't want to say 'it just works' to avoid fruit based company comparisons). I still think it is expensive but thanks to all these new products, the market should hopefully correct itself sooner than later.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

One of the design features that I really like is being able to charge the battery with a USB cable, but also having the option of swapping out the battery if you want.

I also like that the eVic can use connectivity, but connectivity is not an essential part of the operation like the MiD.

I still haven't forgiven engineers for removing gauges from our cars. I like all the useful information I can get. The battery gauge is very useful, in my book, and it has a digital number display and the analog style indicator. How cool is that?!

It is definitely Christmas time for all gadget geeks like myself. (Oh wait...)

While it's great that all these new mods are coming out, I wish the other equation (atty's, clearo's, tanks, carts) gets some lovin' as well.
Where's the magnetic conduction heating element or the fission powered laser atomizer with micro injection juice system? I've almost rubbed my fingerprints off rolling ss wicks for the past 3 weeks! :)

But seriously, my next purchase is going to be a provari. I need something that is solid and reliable to serve as a baseline. (Didn't want to say 'it just works' to avoid fruit based company comparisons). I still think it is expensive but thanks to all these new products, the market should hopefully correct itself sooner than later.

I feel the Vamo (eGo APV, Eagle, 3V, whatever they are calling it) is the new baseline for features, performance, and price. VW has proven that it adds to the convenience and simplicity of operation. When ProVari comes out with the new version with built in charging, VW, OLED screen, and connectivity, then they will be able to justify their pricing due to their quality standards.

It's still early in the game and these things are always Great before we get them. This will be interesting to see how things shake out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread