Janty USB battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvelbeast

Oct 14, 2008
UK
Cheers, thats what I thought when I saw it because the circuit doesn't look like it'd be complete without a battery in it.

I misread what the USB charger did before I ordered it. I thought that it was a way of vaping while your battery charged in the device. It's still a bloody good extra though. I spend all day at work in front of a computer and half the night at home too, so it's a pretty nifty device for me and will save me a fortune in "mobile" batteries.

I'm very impressed with my new present (to myself ;) ) Everything about it is fantastic.

I still like my super cigarette and will be more then happy with it as a back up or for using in places where I'd be more conscious of using a e-... that looks nothing like a ....

I'm a very happy chappie today!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Nick, I'm glad you've got your Kissbox and you're happy with it.

The battery in the USB cord is very cheap to replace. When the three month warranty on your dedicated batteries runs out you won't have to worry about replacing them as quickly.

I don't bother plugging my USB cord in, I just recharge the battery and swap it over when needed. That way I'm not tied to a computer but the wire can sometimes get in the way.

You can get replacement batteries here - DealExtreme: $4.32 Ultra Fire 10440 3.6V 500mAh 2Pack

This is the charger I use - DealExtreme: $12.58 Ultra Fire 10440 14500 Ac Charger

Happy birthday.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I'm thinking about getting a Janty Extended Classic Kissbox and i just saw this thread.
@ Pete. Is the usb connection like the one you sold me for my generic penstyle ?
@ Pete and Kate
Also is this a Classic Penstyle which has 2 different types batteries and can i use standard penstyle Carts with it as i don't like the idea of relying on my buying outside the uk. Jason and Simon are 100%.
And overall are the Atomisers better or worse or the same as a Classic 2 hole Penstyle? I really like the look of them but i've now got so many different e-cigs that the next one has got to be much better and i need recomendations.
btw Pete. I have not had to change my atomiser at all since i've been using that usb connector.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I've tried the Kissbox with RN4072 cartridges and they don't fit but it's possible to swap the filler over to ones that do.

My Kissbox atomisers are great. I use them heavily for dripping and they last a couple of months. They are efficient and burn quite hot compared with other atomisers I've tried. The main drawback is that some of us have found them to be no good with cartridges and have to drip smoke with them.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I'm thinking about getting a Janty Extended Classic Kissbox and i just saw this thread.
@ Pete. Is the usb connection like the one you sold me for my generic penstyle ?

btw Pete. I have not had to change my atomiser at all since i've been using that usb connector.

Yes and no! The Janty has a battery in the lead so you can plug it into the computer or just unplug it and it will keep on vaping, so it's better than the USB adaptor and battery box I sold you, well more compact anyway. The Janty USB battery will outperform a penstyle battery but it won't come remotely close to a 2700mAh NiMH battery box that you have. I think the Janty battery is about 330mAh.
The big advantage of the Janty is the manual switch. Big problem for me anyway is the atomiser is superb dripping, but I could just not get the thing to work with carts. I've tried 2 now, the first I got with the KB then I tried another recently with a generic battery, same problem. Harry@ Janty is sending me a replacement but so far it hasn't arrived.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Thanks very much for both your answers Kate and Pete.
I've got a clearer picture now of what i'm looking at.
I must admit i do like and am very happy with my RN4072 Pens especially now ive got USB mains, PC and Battery Box. No more power problems so it's just the Atomisers i have to worry about now.
I think i'll wait and see which way the wind blows in the next few months before i decide to try something different. I think i'm becoming obsessed.:D
Thanks again

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Yes Kate that's what i'll do. I was just thinking today about the cost of Atomisers and i can get them from Simon or Jason at the moment for about £6 or £7 approx. Then i looked at the price of My Brand of Cigarettes in the shop where i usually bought them and a 20 Pack is now £5.70. I was smoking at least 30 a day minimum = £8.55 A DAY. 8-o

I think i'll just buy a new atomiser once a week. :D
I'm also Vaping less now. 1 18mg Cart with a wee top up is now lasting me a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread