Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Some Sticks have a leaking issue (this may be caused by the rubber tip cartridges)

The only rubber-tip cartridges I have had are the ones that came with the mini-pipe. I got KBC cartridges with the Stick. Didn't you? Or are we talking about a different tip (I mean mouthpiece)? I'd be interested in your input on this. Thanks! :)

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Frankly - thanks for your comparison. You mentioned the stick has a six month warranty. What is the warranty on the SD?

I don't know the answer to that question. As far as I can tell on ecigscrewdriver.com there is no mention of a warranty. There is a thread discussing the handling of secondhand screwdrivers. I know that when I had a problem with mine, I sent it in and it was turned around within a day or two for no charge. Every dealing I have had with Trog has been top notch service. He does recommend a routine maintenance on Screwdrivers to return them to like new condition for 20 pounds. I believe he recommends this be done every 3 to 4 months. yvilla or someone will probably set me straight if I am off base on any of the above. :)

Originally Posted by e-piperman
The only rubber-tip cartridges I have had are the ones that came with the mini-pipe. I got KBC cartridges with the Stick. Didn't you? Or are we talking about a different tip (I mean mouthpiece)? I'd be interested in your input on this. Thanks!

I did receive some KBC cartridges with my stick but I also have a metric .... ton of rubber tipped 801 cartridges I purchased from dietsmokes and ruyandirect. My friend who owns a Janty Sticks also has these rubber tip cartridges. His stick began leaking and it acted like it was flooded continuously. When we pulled the stuffing from the cartridges and 'fluffed' them up a little to create a more consistent, porous filler inside the cartridge the leaking stopped. It is important to note that we also stopped using Johnson Creek liquid in the stick as well. After doing this no further leaks have occurred. I have used the cartridges on my Stick, which has never leaked but I did experience the atomizer acting like it was flooded. When I messed with the cart as I explained above I had no more problems. It's also important to note that I have not used any Johnson Creek liquid in my stick. I think it has more to do with the carts than the liquid at this point but I think the viscosity of the JC liquid, which at least appears to be thinner, than the liquid I am using. I don't know that any of this actually helps but above was my experience in all of this.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I don't know the answer to that question. As far as I can tell on ecigscrewdriver.com there is no mention of a warranty. There is a thread discussing the handling of secondhand screwdrivers. I know that when I had a problem with mine, I sent it in and it was turned around within a day or two for no charge. Every dealing I have had with Trog has been top notch service. He does recommend a routine maintenance on Screwdrivers to return them to like new condition for 20 pounds. I believe he recommends this be done every 3 to 4 months. yvilla or someone will probably set me straight if I am off base on any of the above. :)

I did receive some KBC cartridges with my stick but I also have a metric .... ton of rubber tipped 801 cartridges I purchased from dietsmokes and ruyandirect. My friend who owns a Janty Sticks also has these rubber tip cartridges. His stick began leaking and it acted like it was flooded continuously. When we pulled the stuffing from the cartridges and 'fluffed' them up a little to create a more consistent, porous filler inside the cartridge the leaking stopped. It is important to note that we also stopped using Johnson Creek liquid in the stick as well. After doing this no further leaks have occurred. I have used the cartridges on my Stick, which has never leaked but I did experience the atomizer acting like it was flooded. When I messed with the cart as I explained above I had no more problems. It's also important to note that I have not used any Johnson Creek liquid in my stick. I think it has more to do with the carts than the liquid at this point but I think the viscosity of the JC liquid, which at least appears to be thinner, than the liquid I am using. I don't know that any of this actually helps but above was my experience in all of this.

OK - thanks for that! To my mind the rubber-tips work very well with the mini-pipe - but I stand to be corrected on this. I would think that if you used them
with a mini-pipe att in the stick you'd be ok.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
You can send me your Mini Pipe and I'll let you know ;)
or if you don't want to do that you could try it on yours...

If nothing else it will be interesting to see how v2 of the stick works out. The first run of the Dura/510 leaked like a civ but now the Dura/510 is great or at least there are a bunch of people who think so. It took several iterations of batteries to be released to resolve the Dura issues and I think the same will happen with the stick. Only time will tell.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
You can send me your Mini Pipe and I'll let you know ;)
or if you don't want to do that you could try it on yours...

If nothing else it will be interesting to see how v2 of the stick works out. The first run of the Dura/510 leaked like a civ but now the Dura/510 is great or at least there are a bunch of people who think so. It took several iterations of batteries to be released to resolve the Dura issues and I think the same will happen with the stick. Only time will tell.

I have used Mini-Pipe atomisers with the Stick and they work well, but not as well as on the Mini-Pipe. The KBC atomisers work well on the Mini-Pipe, but not as well as on the Stick. Horses for courses?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Send it to me for a second opinion? :)

That's good to know though..

Wish I could, Frank - but you're in Texas and I'm in England.

Check out the Mini-Pipe - very good vape! Janty Stick, however, is a minor miracle to my mind. How something so small can vape that well..

Intellicig Evo is a really reliable cigarette-like vape....

DSE 103 on passthrough takes a lot of beating for vapour but needs regular top -ups...

And that's all. folks!

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I bought a mini-pipe but had bad luck with it. I've heard from a few people that they have like a 60% failure rate. I've also heard that the other 40% are great vapes.

The Stick is awesome when you factor price into it. And yes, the GG has a 2 year warranty and the Prodigy a 6 month warranty. The GG retails for a base cost of 95 pounds which is roughly $150 to $160 at the moment while the base Prodigy retails for $95.

If you depreciate the cost of the units over the course of their prospective warranties it breaks down as follows: (All prices include batteries and at least one atomizer)

Janty Stick: $80 @ 6 month warranty = $13.33 a month
Prodigy: $140 @ 6 month warranty = $23.33 a month
GG: $184 @ 2 year warranty = $7.66 a month
Screwdriver: $162 @ ?? warranty = ?? a month

If we are strictly speaking cost here, it would be prudent to factor out prices of batteries on all models as well. That was done I believe in a previous post in this thread. I would imagine you would want to order two sets of batteries every month or two as old one fail. You would probably want to start off with some back up batteries and at least one back up charger as well. Those costs should be factored in the cost to own also.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Thanks Frank - that's a really useful post. You're quite right about the pipe - some work,some don't. some fail - but when they work, wow! Nice tight pipe-like draw. The main bind with the mini-pipe is that you can easily use a battery in 2 hrs and it sometimes takes 3 to charge! This is why I have 4 batts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread