• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Japan banned import of Liquids with Nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
I just try to order my personal Supply of 180ml Liquid
in 6 Bottles a 30ml, which worked well until 2015/12,
now i try to make a new Order but my Supplyer informed me
that they stop their Service for Japan,
was there a new Change again?

that we announce the cessation of services to select countries. Due to international laws which prohibit the importation of nicotine and vapor products, we will no longer be shipping orders to the following cities and countries:

Botswana
Côte d’Ivoire
Hong Kong

Iceland
Indonesia
Japan
Malaysia

Mexico
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Taiwan
Turkey
US Virgin Islands

- See more at: Cessation of Service to Select Countries - Mt Baker Vapor

trunk

Aug 9, 2013
japan
a shipment of mine is being held up in customs,... the DHL lady said it's because on the ingredients label the nicotine is labeled as " 99.9% pure nicotine content 3.6%" on my Molinshop nicotine.

they saw the 99.9% and freaked out about it,... didnt read the 3.6% bit,...

which is fair enough as the labeling isnt the easiest to read.

I pointed that out to her and she asked me to send them an email describing how i use it, and if i dilute it, etc,...

so I did,..

that was friday, it's sunday morning and so far no reply yet,... fingers crossed though.

the ....ty thing is they said they would either destroy it, or i could send it back but i pay the shipping.

back on the roll ups again,.. they taste like ...,.. just a little less ... like than ciggies.

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
It was already kind of a "Grey Zone" until the end of 2015
but i checked Customs Answer(FAQ)

There is afaik no Change in the English Version
but i can't read Kanji.

As far as i understand the "legal Language"
the Supplier need to fill a spec. Paper for Wholesale:
"Anyone intending to import tobacco, including cigarettes and cigars, for sale is required to file registration as a Specified Wholesaler with the Ministry of Finance."

Similar cases happen in Europe,
they are not allowed to sale the Liquids when the Nicotine come from a Tobacco Plant, when it come from other Sources
it become a pharmaceutical Product with own Rules!

I contact the J-Law to get the righ Information and keep it updated!

Vaporising is booming and i thought we see even a higher growing.

Tokyo: 0.075mcSv/Hour on the ground

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
a quick and unfortunate update,...

from what i understood, japanese isnt my first language, the DHL lady said that they couldnt get my stuff through. something about if the nicotine had been diluted with water it might have been possible,... but because it was glycerin it wasnt possible.

i didnt quite understand that.

this sucks big time.
DHL don't handle the Liquids since afair 2014!

Before i bought from a Chinese Supplier but they coild not continue (their Service to Japan) because of the DHL Terms of use.

Update: i contacted the Custom Office but they said i need to talk with the Ministry of Health so i sended a Letter today.

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
Copy:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Bringing/Importation of liquid for electric cigarette is controlled by MHLW, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, not by Customs.

Please directly ask MHLW. Their websites are as follows.
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare: Information for those who are bringing medicines for personal use into Japan
http://kouseikyoku.mhlw.go.jp/kantoshinetsu/gyomu/bu_ka/iji/documents/english-ver.doc
Phone: +81 (0)3 5253 1111
Contact for drugs, quasi drugs, cosmetics and medical devices
-Kanto Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare
Phone: +81 (0) 48 740 0800
E-mail: yakkan@mhlw.go.jp

For your information, the minors (under 20 years old) are prohibited to smoke under the Japanese law and minors do not have duty-free allowance for cigarette.

Best regards,
Aya KODERA (MS.)
Customs Counselor’s Office
Tokyo Customs

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
Update:

Dear ...

Thank you for your e-mail.
Personal (for his/her own use) import of e-liquids with Nicotine has limitation on amount at one time.

E-cigarette itself - Up to two
Cartridges - Up to 60pcs
E-liquid with Nicotine - Up to 120ml

If you have further inquiries, please ask Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, Head office.

Sincerely,

Medicinal Inspection and Guidance Division Kanto Shinetsu Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
Yea I think some shops don't ship to certain countries. The limit is 120 mls.
But if you can find a vendor that labels it as something else, your golden. My vendor labels it essential oils and I frequently order 500 mls or there abouts
@ Konban Wa Spencer-San,
yeah- that "Could" be good but on the other Side People
who do this may do something else, like labeling Liquid
but selling Poison!

I really loved the Liquids from my old Source,
the Service was nice and quick & the price was low
compared to other US Sources.

Now i returned to the Chinese Market and i am not "that" happy but shoganai!

@EAddicted ?
like labelling liquid but selling poison? LOL! Usually when people poison you they do it for a specific reason. Not simply because they get their kicks from people being poisoned. No tons of shops I can recommend. Matter of fact Ill PM you with a great suggestion
can you please give me those suggestions too? :p

And I`m really confused. I`ve been reading on this Japan thread for a while. And there is like two ways that it can be shipped here in Japan without customs halting your orders. Either 2 bottles or a max of 120mls? Can someone clarify this? I`m really confused.

@MotMot018

The Japanese ruling about juice with nic being mailed from abroad states that you can only purchase if you meet the following requirements:

1. For personal use only.
2. Max of 120 ml
3. Once a month (yeah right)

:vapor:
Holy smoke. XD I just ordered like two bottles of 236ml from Mt.BakerVapors. I`m dead. I should have clarified it first. :(( Will let you guys know if I`m still alive or dead.

You do DIY right @Elvensilvan? Would you mind sharing me where you get your supplies?

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
Holy smoke. XD I just ordered like two bottles of 236ml from Mt.BakerVapors. I`m dead. I should have clarified it first. :(( Will let you guys know if I`m still alive or dead.

Normally the J-Customs was very easy,
as long as you don't send Oxycodone to yourself
like this Toyota-Baba a while ago.

They (J-Border) will send a Letter and try to get Info from you and you can give a Statement.
When you try to import a few Liter you should speak with a Lawyer first before you answer them!

I asked my old Source and provided the legal Info
(as seen here)
but at this Time they just dont want to provide our Juice!

So, 5 Years passed: 0,075mcSv/ Hour here in Kanagawa

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
@EAddicted ?
like labelling liquid but selling poison? LOL! Usually when people poison you they do it for a specific reason. Not simply because they get their kicks from people being poisoned. No tons of shops I can recommend. Matter of fact Ill PM you with a great suggestion
Sumimasen o Kudasai, i forgot the Chuckle Smiley!

@ Topic
I expect that many Provider just got Problems with their used
shipping Companies because of sending Liquids and Batteries together but this is now widely banned because of the Fire Problems of the high powered Batteries?

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan

You do DIY right @Elvensilvan? Would you mind sharing me where you get your supplies?

if it's not yet too late, try contacting mt baker and ask them politely to put in "essential oils" as package description ...

and yes, i do diy, but 0 nic ... and you are welcome to have some

:vapor:

Reactions: MotMot018
There it is!

659109c8b251050cdc32455f24971712.jpg

Maybe I got lucky. I'm so lucky!!
I'm so happy i might drink this. Lol

Sent from my SCV31 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kross8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread