JD Mods Stingray- CLONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Expected release date is March 7th? It was February 14th before..

I'd like to know why they say 18490 and 18650 tubes are 'phantom brass' but no mention of the 18350 tube, which is the tube I'll be using most of the time...

This is the second "grouping". The Feb 28 date was for the first group.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
This is the second "grouping". The Feb 28 date was for the first group.

But what does 'release date' mean? It seems to me he's referring to the product being released by Tobeco.. unless it's just the wording throwing me off.
It said Feb 28 before? I didn't catch that.. I only saw the date announced by Tobeco.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I got in with a group buy for the Infinite Stingray, I'll report back with my findings next week!

where was that happening? i haven't even heard of infinite until this stingray clone...

here are some photos of that version:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1653607559/2014_new_machanical_mod_high_quality.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1605276008/Infinite_Stingray_mod_new_mechanical_mod.html

looks really good. i hope the tobeco one is as nice as that.

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I'm a bit addled this morning so I guess I'm not absorbing what I'm reading....sooo....

The only polished brass/mixed Stingray clone is made by Infinite? Do we know if that's what venerablevaping will be selling?

I'd normally go for the brushed brass version from FT but this particular mod looks best in shiny, polished brass. To me, anyway.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Good lookin' out! And excellent detective work/browser history sleuthing, heh. I'll hafta wait until the end of next month, regardless of what I do. I finally broke down and ordered a Richman Hybrid. Hey, they were on sale! And I still love the gennies. :)

Ah ha ha I found it.
The engraving looks deeper but could be illusion?
Review Stingray Clone from Vapoursaints

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Good lookin' out! And excellent detective work/browser history sleuthing, heh. I'll hafta wait until the end of next month, regardless of what I do. I finally broke down and ordered a Richman Hybrid. Hey, they were on sale! And I still love the gennies. :)

No problem on the waiting part because it could be months before the good one is readily available. If I can snag one this year I'll be happy. I won't be surprised if the good etching model was a one time deal.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
It will still be a while.
There are a lot of distributors/manufacturers listing stingray clones on Alibaba.
I honestly believe there are only two real manufacturers of these.
So far, I have ordered the Tobeco version from WhiteStag
- hopefully that will be coming soon, but I have not received any updates on it yet.
I have also ordered 3 from FT. One brass, two stainless steel.
One of the stainless steel versions has the same box as the Infinite model: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1638600
FT has not listed a brass version with that box yet - but hopefully they will soon.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Apparently Infinite isn't an actual manufacturer.. that's what one person said. If they're not, I'd like to know who is actually making theirs. So far it's that one and Tobeco that are polished brass.

It's a shame none of them are actually using the nordic gold for them. Brass is ok, but the 'phantom' brass looks way cooler IMO.

Whitestag should give us regular updates via email. I don't like being in the dark. If you join their Facebook page, there are a few posts about it. I think he's expecting shipment Mar 7th.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
In all honesty, when it comes to these clones, I expect them to use the cheapest materials that are most easily obtainable. I'm trying to think of a single "shiny brass" mod that I have that is NOT actually brass plated and I'm comin' up with zilch. Well, actually, this Sentinel clone was pretty darn shiny when I first got it, and it IS solid brass. Here's a photo I took only a day or two after I got it.

10091467924_2c6056b700_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread