Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ

Twisted420 did a video measuring voltage drop with his mech mods, looks like the Infinite Stingray scored #1 spot having the lowest voltage drop of out the bunch, including a bunch of super high-end authentics such as the Panzer, V3 Flip, and Hades. :)

Just watched this myself. And of course number 10 was what I just received in the mail Friday.....Hades. Ugh. Oh well im sure ill enjoy it. Although it was an interesting video, I do have a panzer as well and a magneto, didnt see that one pulling ahead like it did.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Twisted420 did a video measuring voltage drop with his mech mods, looks like the Infinite Stingray scored #1 spot having the lowest voltage drop of out the bunch, including a bunch of super high-end authentics such as the Panzer, V3 Flip, and Hades. :)

I love voltage drop tests but keep in mind many things affect results. For example, a switch may wear in to produce better numbers or may get dirty and produce worse numbers. Hot pin may mate well with one topper allowing high current flow but not mate well on another topper's 510 connection and choke current.

Some of the worst volt drop test results I've had were due to hot spring and low performance switches. Needless to say, those mods got modded.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
Nope!
Got my "brushed" FASTTECH model today :)
Pics straight out of the box

DEF4DEA5-CAFB-4ECB-9954-6375200EF21B.jpg

4E1DAE65-3481-4BDA-B8DB-E23B562B48B9.jpg

FAC43D81-B98D-43EA-A7AC-A16323434B06.jpg

6E4EF8A9-8C03-453C-BA94-CEF40AA080FF.jpg

Only one little problem - the steel top cap was pressed onto the brass crooked - see the air flow slots.
F9AEBD9A-3CF8-4ABA-B2AA-2BFC2325EE8A.jpg

Not really a "problem" - but you may want to consider taking your switch apart and cleaning it out - mine had left over shaving in the bottom section under the threaded portion. You can kinda see the brass shavings in the pic.
14C8EFEF-2D42-4554-B53D-23DFFA7C7D4E.jpg

Straightened the top :) yay
497310EA-85DD-4492-8FB2-D9CBD64A0191.jpg

Cleaned and washed: soap warm water and toothbrush. Finished it off with a little MAAS metal protectant/polish.
26DF7F4A-90FD-4F89-B2E8-92E34C1702C0.jpg

I haven't decided if I want a mirror polish or just leave it like it is. I think I like it as is.
78CDBF30-2C0F-4EC0-99B6-4D6BDE611143.jpg

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Nope!
Pics straight out of the box

DEF4DEA5-CAFB-4ECB-9954-6375200EF21B.jpg

4E1DAE65-3481-4BDA-B8DB-E23B562B48B9.jpg

FAC43D81-B98D-43EA-A7AC-A16323434B06.jpg

6E4EF8A9-8C03-453C-BA94-CEF40AA080FF.jpg

Only one little problem - the steel top cap was pressed onto the brass crooked - see the air flow slots.
F9AEBD9A-3CF8-4ABA-B2AA-2BFC2325EE8A.jpg

Not really a "problem" - but you may want to consider taking your switch apart and cleaning it out - mine had left over shaving in the bottom section under the threaded portion. You can kinda see the brass shavings in the pic.
14C8EFEF-2D42-4554-B53D-23DFFA7C7D4E.jpg

Straightened the top :) yay
497310EA-85DD-4492-8FB2-D9CBD64A0191.jpg

Cleaned and washed: soap warm water and toothbrush. Finished it off with a little MAAS metal protectant/polish.
26DF7F4A-90FD-4F89-B2E8-92E34C1702C0.jpg

I haven't decided if I want a mirror polish or just leave it like it is. I think I like it as is.
78CDBF30-2C0F-4EC0-99B6-4D6BDE611143.jpg

Sic as toots. Should be illegal. Lock me up.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Nope!
Aw dangit, that looks a lot better than I was expecting. I should have ordered one when they were first posted. Meanwhile, here I am STILL waiting for mine from whitestag whatever they're called... :(

And my Poldiac is still missing.... suuuuuuuucks.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
How did you lose 30 smackeroos today?
He's saying he bought the Polished Stingray that just listed on FT today.

Looks pretty nice. Not sure if I want the polished or brushed brass, kind of leaning toward the brushed.

Does the clone fire when set down or can it be left unlocked?

Brushed looks more seamless and you can always mirror polish it yourself. It's still not "phantom brass/alumibronze" anyways. But I suppose if you get the polished version you can always brush it yourself too - which is easier than mirror polishing.
But, manufactures polish each tube piece individually which rounds off the sharp edges - that's why it doesn't look as seamless.
And no, mine doesn't fire unlocked in that set up.

Aw dangit, that looks a lot better than I was expecting. I should have ordered one when they were first posted. Meanwhile, here I am STILL waiting for mine from whitestag whatever they're called... :(

Yeah - Considering my top cap was a fluke, I don't see how the tobeco model can be any better.
This thing is sick as ...
Oh. yeah. I don't want to type it.
I got reprimanded for circumventing the curse word blocker recently.
So now, I have to be careful what I type.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
He's saying he bought the Polished Stingray that just listed on FT today.

Brushed looks more seamless and you can always mirror polish it yourself. It's still not "phantom brass/alumibronze" anyways. But I suppose if you get the polished version you can always brush it yourself too - which is easier than mirror polishing.
But, manufactures polish each tube piece individually which rounds off the sharp edges - that's why it doesn't look as seamless.
And no, mine doesn't fire unlocked in that set up.

Yeah - Considering my top cap was a fluke, I don't see how the tobeco model can be any better.
This thing is sick as ...
Oh. yeah. I don't want to type it.
I got reprimanded for circumventing the curse word blocker recently.
So now, I have to be careful what I type.

Gotcha!!!

Plus LOL on getting busted (pun intended) on being a witty potty mouth! ;)

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA

White Stag should be sending theirs soon. They responded to my message I sent yesterday. By the way they sent me my gunmetal origin clone yesterday and I received a shipping confirmation and tracking number. I assume the stingray will follow the same process.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009

Now you tell me. Is your logo deep enough to withstand sanding machine marks off and buffing?
How deep are your machining marks? Deep enough to catch nail or deep enough to feel vibrations w/ nail? Deep enough to start sanding w/ 160, 320 or 600? Are they machining marks similar to "brushed" FT or hcigar SS nemy or are they truly shallow brushed (not milling marks).

Don't know how rounded the polished tubes are but that type of radius can go deep. I don't have accurate way to shorten tube to remove such a radius.

Just some nit picking of course. Not expecting perfect.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
ok.ok. picky picky. maybe you can't get a "mirror" polish without wiping out the laser etching.
Although it is pretty deep. Very nice logo. Fine detail, dark lines...but in the end it's still laser etching and those really thin lines will disappear quickly with some compound.
It is a machined brushed finish - very very slight nail vibration - yes similar to the SS FT and Hcigar nemesis.
Sanding? I wouldn't. If I wasn't worried about the logo. I'd start at 800. But I am an amateur.

My guess on the polished model, they polish then engrave then do a quick, light re-polish.
Those seams are obvious, but not crazy like a GG.

Decisions, decisions. Just buy both ;) That's why I like clones.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
ok.ok. picky picky. maybe you can't get a "mirror" polish without wiping out the laser etching.
Although it is pretty deep. Very nice logo. Fine detail, dark lines...but in the end it's still laser etching and those really thin lines will disappear quickly with some compound.
It is a machined brushed finish - very very slight nail vibration - yes similar to the SS FT and Hcigar nemesis.
Sanding? I wouldn't. If I wasn't worried about the logo. I'd start at 800. But I am an amateur.

My guess on the polished model, they polish then engrave then do a quick, light re-polish.
Those seams are obvious, but not crazy like a GG.

Decisions, decisions. Just buy both ;) That's why I like clones.

I love em both, I can just feel it. Your not helping my buying disorder:p

I just made stands for all my toppers. Almost embarrassing to have em all in one room. Most of my FT toppers are to junky for charity but too nice to toss. I love all my UD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread