Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Less than a week ago I bought the Stingray clone from Infinite and I notice the button wants to keep sticking after pressing it. It seems to happen more if I press it on the edges of the button rather than dead center. Does it just need a good amount of breaking-in time or is this going to progressively get worse?

Not sure I have the black copper and get the same thing. Someone suggested WD-40 which I haven't got around to yet it has got better then when I first got it I sat there one night without a battery in it and kept crunching the button at every angle many many times lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Kanthal

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
NC, USΩ
I just took the button apart on mine and noticed some black crap on the threads and on the inside of the button. I wiped it with a cloth and put it back together and now the button doesn't stick. Problem solved for now. Not sure if that's what was causing it though.

If you haven't ever taken apart the button be careful when you do because there's a very little Grenade pin type thing that falls out when you do. I almost lost mine when taking it apart.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
There's been a number of threads on this topic and several things that can be done to try and make the switches better. Because of the design I don't think these will ever fire if you press on the edges. I cleaned mine out, sanded the surfaces that slide with fine sandpaper and applied Vaseline. Works pretty well now as long as I press in the center.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I've taken mine apart a couple of times, and I've come to the conclusion with mine that that rice pin needs to be changed. It seems to be too short, and seems to be the piece that can get stuck while pressing the fire button. Cleaning it up seemed to help for a bit, but for those odd times where something goes wrong, it feels like it has to be that rice pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread