Johnson Creek Juice ruins wicks/coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psho

Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
I was browsing the forum in search of some good tobacco flavored juices, when I was reminded of one of my all time favorite flavors: Domestic, from Johnson Creek. A while back I had ordered both sample packs, which contained their regular PG/VG mix, and the Red Oak series, which was all VG. Back when I was sampling the flavors, I was using a direct drip atomizer, which worked fine. I fell in love with the Domestic and bought a bottle, which I used to fill up an XL carto. It was great...until I decided to fill up a Vivi Nova. For some reason, the juice did not want to wick properly. I ended up burning out 3 brand new heads. Thinking it was the 100% VG causing the problem, I filled up my nova with some regular Johnson Creek juice. Same thing happened. Anyone else have this problem with Johnson Creek? The juices seemed to work fine out of a carto, but the wicks for some reason...it just causes them to clog up and burn. Any thoughts?

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I've only dripped JC into a V5 RDA from fasttech - I built a new coil and dripped around 3ml of Red Oak Tennessee Cured before I noticed that the wicks appeared to have black sludge on them - not just at the coil either. When I dry burned the coils it left a brown residue on the wick that resembled rust. It doesn't seem to impact the flavor, but it does make me wonder. I really like the Tennessee Cured and was going to order another bottle, but now I'm not so sure.

drsocal

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've had these issues with JC juices in both Protanks and Carto tanks. It's a shame because I also love Domestic and Tennessee Cured and Vanda is the best vanilla I've tried. :( I can only use them in dripping atomizers from now on or be prepared to waste juice and cartos/heads.

Ouch...sounds like you learned this one the hard way!

littlebluepig

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Arkansas
My buddy had the same problem in his V4L Zeus. He kept complaining about clogging up the smileomizers. Then again he complains about a lot of things. He may be on to something this time. He was using Tennessee Cured regular. I guess I'd be complaining too if I went through 6 smileomizers at 7 or 8 bucks each.

I started out with JC, back in day with Boge cartos. Now that I think about it, they didn't last as long as they do now. May not have been the bogegate cartos and might have been the juice.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I love Vanda. Can't get enough of it. One of my favs. HOWEVER, as noted in this thread after about 20ML @12MG in a ProTank 2 this AM it totally nuked my head/wicks/coils. Black as coal see this pic:

VANDA_ejuice.jpg

So...why don't they make it in a 50/50 cut? I guess I could cut it with 18MG Halo fusion or even try it in my Triton/Halo tanks. Maybe get some 100% PG nic and try that as a cut? What a shame. Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I love Vanda. Can't get enough of it. One of my favs. HOWEVER, as noted in this thread after about 20ML @12MG in a ProTank 2 this AM it totally nuked my head/wicks/coils. Black as coal see this pic:

View attachment 242180

So...why don't they make it in a 50/50 cut? I guess I could cut it with 18MG Halo fusion or even try it in my Triton/Halo tanks. Maybe get some 100% PG nic and try that as a cut? What a shame. Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have tried to find another vanilla as good, but have never been able to. I've tried cutting it with other stuff, but then you lose that great Vanda flavor :(

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I was browsing the forum in search of some good tobacco flavored juices, when I was reminded of one of my all time favorite flavors: Domestic, from Johnson Creek. A while back I had ordered both sample packs, which contained their regular PG/VG mix, and the Red Oak series, which was all VG. Back when I was sampling the flavors, I was using a direct drip atomizer, which worked fine. I fell in love with the Domestic and bought a bottle, which I used to fill up an XL carto. It was great...until I decided to fill up a Vivi Nova. For some reason, the juice did not want to wick properly. I ended up burning out 3 brand new heads. Thinking it was the 100% VG causing the problem, I filled up my nova with some regular Johnson Creek Juice. Same thing happened. Anyone else have this problem with Johnson Creek? The juices seemed to work fine out of a carto, but the wicks for some reason...it just causes them to clog up and burn. Any thoughts?
silly question

Compared to the other juices you use...is that brand "thicker" than the stuff you are used to?

As in his stuff may wick differently and if you do your normal hit on your vape might have changed the parameters of how the coil/wicks operate with that particular fluid?

I noticed with a very thin vaporgod (strawberry kiwi juice) vs a much thicker Totally Wicked (American red tobacco) I can drag like a crazy man on the thinner stuff but if I hit it like I do with the totally wicked stuff I burn coils

Could it be the killing coils/wicks is YOUR fault and not the fault of the juice

Oh and the above juices I use...are "slap yo mamma" good!

P.S. I find that if I rinse out my clearomizers/tanks coil/wick each time I drain the juice out of it they seem to last much longer (you do have spares right?)

Last edited:

mynewhobby

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I've been thinning out TN with some RY4 i have and have had better luck than straight TC. Any way not to change the flavor like maybe some distilled water? Anyone try that yet? I can't find a tobacco I like better but I don't think their juice is made for any type of clearomizer or protank. I put some straight in my protank 2 and before the end of the tank I was cleaning wicks due to dry hits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread