Joining the Mod Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
Ok its been a little over a month since i laid down the analogs and picked up the eGo. It has been a life altering experience and i and the family is much happier now. I love my eGo dont misunderstand but i want more, larger, non-analogy look and feel. So into the world of mods i go, but i am old and not very good at making up my mind you see.
So i have made a list of the mods i will choose from but cant decide past that, any advice. heres my list almost all are proven and i dont think theres a loser in the bunch.

1)Lavatube- Yes this is the only unproven one but i do like the look, features, price is decent. but will it preform. As i will be using income tax to get it i have a little while to see what others review it as first but its on my list.

2) Provari- I know so many people love this and i admit it has a great track record but i just simpley hate the look of it. Trivial at best i admit but i dont like it. all i ever see is the silver maybe the black looks better.

3) Silver Bullet- has a awesome track record and you can get it in purple lol Im a sucker for purple and the wiff would think its nice looking too.

4) Prodigy 3.1- Nice sleek looking, local company to me, and while not able to order it in colors i can order spare tube. Order a couple of spare tubes and take a trip to the powder coaters ya know. Big worry about this is that bottom button, dont know why it just looks awkward to me.

5) Syber touch- Sir Lawrence seems like one of the most out there vendor, i have seen lots of vids from him so it almost like i know him. His mods look sharp and i here they have a good track record.

another one i am interested in but did not put on my list is the Helix, love that huge honkin battery. Who knows if that monster is ever gonna be back in stock!

So is there any i am over looking? any you think i should consider?

This is my next concern i guess is the word i am looking for......voltage? The eGo is a 3.7v and with a 1.7 ohm LR carto i love the throat and vapor i get. Should i stick with 3.7 or move to VV that opens up some doors but limts a couple of models i was interested in. So far i have used the eGo tank system, and liked it but its is worthless compared to my LR 1.7 cartos. the other i have used is the 1.7 LR carto from CCV and love love LOVE them.

this morning i did just order a 4ml tube tank from Valcano ecigs. I am gonna have a tank in one form or the other from traveling at the very least. I will stick with cartos mainly......then again i had a little mishap on my last order of juice and order 2 of the juices in 50/50 pg/vg blend. Its not gonna work well in either a tank or a carto. I went back to The vapro Room and otdered a 3 atty deal so guess i will be exploring dripping.

Sorry rambling here but as you can see i have given much thought into my next move. I am so happy to be off the analogs and enjoying this new adventure so much. So any advice you can offer?

ECF is like heaven, love you guys!

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
So far the Lavatube seems to be getting good reviews - but longevity is unknown. The Provari has a good track record as you mentioned. I had a Provari but sold it. Not sure if I made the right choice there but am looking for another mod. I almost got a Silver Bullet - but I learned that it doesn't have any vent holes as far as I know to expel gasses if you have a battery failure. The Prodigy looks nice, but I am not completely sold on the bottom button. I am not sure if the Prodigy has any vent holes either. You would also have to stack batteries in the Prodigy to get more voltage, if that is what you are looking for. Don't know much about the Syber Touch. I guess it looks okay, but I wonder how sensitive the switch is.

I know that is not much help, but I am searching out mods too. I am really interested in the Reo mods right now. I like being able to carry a decent amount of juice on board. Good Luck!:)

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
I have everything on your list but the lavatube and they are all very good devices.My opinion is go for something VV,more consistant power delivery whatever voltage you choose,It don't fall off with the battery.And don't worry about the 50/50/ blend,it will work fine in a tank,many folks(me included) have used 100% vg(boba's bounty,gorilla juice) in tanks.Dripping does give a little more flavor than cartos or carto tanks,but tanks are so durn convenient,fill the tank,vape for most of the day with a 18650 battery,repeat.I dripped for about 4 months,
got a bunch of bottom fed box mods,then got some tanks about 3 months ago.No more bottles for dripping,no more dry hits because I didn't
feed juice to the atty,just pick up my provari and vape!

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Jerry B,

Two mods you left off your list that you might want to look into. The two vv mods from Notcigs. The buzz pro (which, btw, is only available in purple right now) for $130 + $20 for 1 set of batts and charger. And the Infinity pro, available in black, chrome, blue, and purple. The I-pro kit is even on sale atm. $110 for the mod + 1 set batts + charger. So about $115 shipped. Plus, I don't know if it still works, but there's the coupon code "ecfbuzzkill" that used to be good for 5% or 8% off or something.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Maybe you don't want a box mod, as I don't see any listed...But, I must also add a shameless plug for the Reo. When I got my first Reo I had planned on later getting a few of the tube mods you've mentioned also. As soon as my Reo was in my hand, however, I knew the search was over. The collection will continue to grow, but they will all be Reos.
Good Luck in your quest for your perfect PV!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
And yet, another vote for a REO. If you don't like carrying a bunch of stuff with you everywhere you go then a bottom feeder will be great for you. Doesn't require much maintenance and works like a champ. I've used VV devices but, find that 3.7V is good enough for me. Don't need much more then that. Also, a Grand can go to 5V if you want to change it up.

Just visit the REO-subforum sometime and check it out.

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
I have looked at things till i am blue in the face and my eyeballs are bleeding lol

I think the list is narrowing to the provari and the lavatube. i am willing to drop the dime for a provari but dang i configured one up and for the price i could get 2 order mods! the Lavatube is has still not gone live so who knows when that will happen.

A number have mentioned the box Reo. Actually i did not overlook that in my list persay, i am just shooting for a tube mod first. I have every and all intentions. of a box mod of some kind sooner or later. Was looking at the Reo or a Monkey box. But for a first mod i am thinking tube and the more i moll this over i am thinking VV. I may not use the higher volts but its always nice to have options.

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
Naw not me, i am a collector. After i buy a Provari i will buy something else then something else LOL In fact no matter which mod i go with i will always keep a handful of eGo batteries on hand for run and go kinda thing.

They are great for taking to work and ummmm stealthing at the movies ( you didnt hear me say that).

What i really need is a walmart of PV shop. one store that carries everything LOL i could just have my paycheck deposited to them each week and i would die happy :)

BigFatDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Suffield, CT
Naw not me, i am a collector. After i buy a Provari i will buy something else then something else LOL In fact no matter which mod i go with i will always keep a handful of eGo batteries on hand for run and go kinda thing.

They are great for taking to work and ummmm stealthing at the movies ( you didnt hear me say that).

What i really need is a walmart of PV shop. one store that carries everything LOL i could just have my paycheck deposited to them each week and i would die happy :)

Haha! I wish, haha! Maybe soon enough wally-world will be selling eGos and Rivas. :)

I'm about to get my 3.7v E-Power in the mail today or tomorrow. I'm just going to pick it up at the post office. I'm not waiting for them to deliver it, lol. I hope I don't end up wanting more voltage! I don't have much money left to spend, haha! :)

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
  • Deleted by UntamedRose

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Jerry B,

I've heard of the joker, but that's about it. Then again, I'm not all that knowledgeable about pv's yet :p

I would like to point out though that the joker looks alot like the I-pro (not saying it's the same pv. I'm sure it isn't. Just commenting on the appearance), costs more than the ipro, and needs a screwdriver to change the voltage.

Just saying...

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread