Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
I thought it might be helpful to have an easy reference for the Lava tank.

O-rings: They are Buna-N for durability. The large o-rings on the top & bottom caps are 5/8" X 1/2" . The inside on the bottom cap are metric 9mm ID with a 1.5 mm cross section.

tank Filling: Thanks To strprswpr for this one

Carto Punching: I would recommend punching your cartos. If you cut them, you run the risk of introducing metal shavings into the carto & subsequently vaping them.

Last edited:

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
Here are the different O-rings

For a tight fit. Outside
90025K143

For a loose fit. Outside
9452K58

For the inside of the cap
9262K126

For the larger tank. Tight fit
90025K147

For the larger tank. Loose fit
5018T126

Alternative O-ring for inside the caps
5233T35

These are all McMaster Carr Part Numbers
http://www.mcmaster.com/#

Last edited:

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Has anyone found an effective method of removing the black covers off Boge cartos to use in their tanks? Obviously from now on I'll order them in stainless, but for the ones I already have? I took a bunch of used ones and boiled them...black sticker just peeled a little. Took it the rest of the way off and soaked them in isopropyl. Just made the sticky stuff a little gummy. Threw them back in the alcohol, where they've been for about 3 days now. But theres got to be a better way of getting that off there without using harsh chemicals right?

jonboyusmc

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
Illinois
I make my kids peel them off :p

Has anyone found an effective method of removing the black covers off Boge cartos to use in their tanks? Obviously from now on I'll order them in stainless, but for the ones I already have? I took a bunch of used ones and boiled them...black sticker just peeled a little. Took it the rest of the way off and soaked them in isopropyl. Just made the sticky stuff a little gummy. Threw them back in the alcohol, where they've been for about 3 days now. But theres got to be a better way of getting that off there without using harsh chemicals right?

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
From strprswpr:

Ladies and Gentleman, tonight is the night....At about 8:30 CST you will all get a chance to buy a

JonboyUSMC Lava Tank

So here's how it goes.

1- You will see a list of pictures with the new Lava Tanks and color names with numbers assigned to them.
2- Decide....QUICKLY....which ONE you want to buy. Pick 2 alternates just in case your first choice is sold out.

3- PM Jon with your choice....specify whether you want the tank frosted or clear. Also specify if you want a 2.0 or 3.0 Boge included.

4- Wait for Jon to PM you back. There is no need to send more than one PM....It won't get you an answer any faster.

5- Cross your fingers, pray....whatever you think might help you get the tank.

If you have any questions....ask them now. Don't wait beause they will go fast.

A couple of rules....

1- One Tank per household....we are trying to give everyone a chance to own at least one.

2- If there is any stock leftover after 24 hours you can try for another....NOT BEFORE....Personally I don't think they will last an hour. Please....let's not try to take advantage of Jon's good nature and ask for more than one.

There will always be more sales.

There are 30 Tanks up for grabs this week....So GOOD LUCK

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
That link just takes you to the last page of the main thread. Here are the pictures from the 09-02-11 release.

ALL are already SOLD!

Bubblegum pearl in the rear
Pink Grapefruit in the front

Molten Copper

Mercury

Liquid Metal

More for the ladies
Magenta Bliss

Copper Haze

Red Delight

Nuclear Waste (pics don't do these any justice)
Smoke Rings

Vermillion
Golden Rod

Grape Fury
Blue Illusion

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Painfreak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SG
There's a few others this may help as well, so here's a quick pic tutorial on how I do it:

After you're more familiar with how much it will hold you can put in more juice than this

filltank1.jpg

Put the top on but don't push it the whole way down

filltank2.jpg

Flip it over so the air trapped in the tank is over the punched hole

filltank3.jpg

Keep that trapped air over the hole while you push the top back on

filltank4.jpg

By only pushing air into the punched hole, and not more juice, you shouldn't flood the carto and have any leaks

filltank5.jpg

**special thanks to Ever1ast for the help and this pic tutorial**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread