Journey has just begun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesoxfan2579

May 19, 2016
midwest, IL
After discovering vaping twenty short days ago, I'm am on my way to a life which is free of tobacco. So far, absolutely no cravings for this nasty, stinky things that have dominated my life for the past 50 years. Looking forward to the journey and hopefully a longer happier life.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
After discovering vaping twenty short days ago, I'm am on my way to a life which is free of tobacco. So far, absolutely no cravings for this nasty, stinky things that have dominated my life for the past 50 years. Looking forward to the journey and hopefully a longer happier life.
Isn't it great!?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Congratulations! If you smoked for 50 years (I smoked for over 40 years...) then I'm sure you probably never thought you'd be able to quit. Right? I'm glad you found vaping. I've been completely off cigs now for almost six years. It really is as easy as it seems.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I smoked for over 40 years too, and as soon as I had a vape that lasted all day I was done with that. If you know you need to quit and really want to it's a no-brainer. As soon as I realized that while my crappy vape lasted I didn't need to smoke that was it. I got better equipment fast.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Isn't it just the best and easiest way to put down those cancer sticks. I just switched to vapes and never missed a beat. Only thing to watch out for is having a back up device, liquid or tank since your body is programmed after so many years smoking that if you get caught short you might feel tempted..least I still do and it's been over 2 yrs!

Congrats to you.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Great you have taken the big step. Always remember though, get a spares of everything, then spares of the spares. :) it ensures you always have something to vape on. :thumb:

First congrats to original poster!
Second what Lanperry mentioned .

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Whitesoxfan2579 - Here's hoping you're still hanging in there with vaping! I was on your same journey after 42+ years of smoking 1- 1 1/2 PAD. Had my last one Jan. 14, 2014 with the help of vaping, and know I'll never, ever, have another one.

You can look forward to most likely a healthier life, which in turn should mean a happier one, too! My mild COPD I'd been diagnosed with about 12 years ago...is gone, based on my tests. My osteoporosis has been downgraded to osteopenia. My doctor says my lungs sound clear...better than they have in many years, etc., etc. And having my clothes, my hair, my house, and my car NOT smelling like stale smoke...is a big plus, too!

I hope you're noticing some great changes as well. If not yet, I betcha you will after a little while longer without the smokes!

:banana:

CrazyNight

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2014
NY USA
@Whitesoxfan2579 Congratulations and like others have said - the longer you vape the easier it gets, and always have a spare everything. I have a little case that I bring with me everything that contains an extra tank, bottle of juice, couple coils, and a spare battery. I also keep a cheap extra mini box mod in the car. Having spare gear with you means never having to worry about temptation. Eventually you'll get to the point where the thought of smoking disgusts you and there's no struggle at all to stay off the cigs. Especially after you find a couple juices that just blow your mind with how delicious they are, you'll never want to taste tobacco smoke again! :)

Reactions: Ianperry

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Welcome to the club. I was a dual user for 6 weeks. I smoked a few after that strictly for the purpose of proving to some smokers that I was immune to relapse. The last time I did it I reeked of cigarettes for several hours. I think I'm not going to do that demonstration anymore. If you stay the course and vape long enough cigarettes will be intolerable and you'll be immune too.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Congrats to all those above who are just starting, as well as those who have kicked a decades long addiction.

I smoked for 33+ years, and will be celebrating my FIVE YEAR VAPE-A-VERSARY on September 25th.

I tried to make the switch for more than two years earlier, but the available hardware and flavors just didn't cut it for me. Finally, when the Ego-C debuted and I combined it with 18 to 24 mg nic, I found vape success.

After about 6 months, the 24mg was too strong for me, so I reduced the nic amount. Ever since, I've continued to reduce the nic as my body directs. These days, I usually vape 4mg...unless it's a tobacco flavor, and then I'll do 10mg.

Over the last 3 years, I've spent a lot of time in hospitals as a caretaker, and once as a patient. I was pleasantly surprised to experience NO withdrawal of any sort while away from vaping. I vape because I like it, and I feel a LOT better than when I was smoking.

I never believed I could quit the analogs...but I did...and SO CAN YOU! This place kept me motivated, and it HAS been a WONDERFUL journey.

My best wishes go to all of ya!

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread