• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Journey of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Just wondering which RDA u all think is good?

Clone or not clone, let me so cause I want to start trying out RDA.

Try TOBH

ujedu9av.jpg

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Hi guys.
Need some advise from the seniors.
I am using a kayfun lite+ with 28ga wire coil at 1.6 ohm and sterile cotton as wick.
However, i do encounter burnt taste sometime. Can you guys advise me why there are burnt taste? Is it because of too little cotton or too much cotton.
Appreciate yours advise.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kryxwee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Eropagnis
Means no juice to the wick.

This can be a result of too much cotton (coil too tight), too much cotton (blocking the vertical juice channel), too little cotton (not touching base of chamber), leak somewhere bec of the o rings etc etc.

Too much cotton would be my bet though and the rule of thumb is "less is more".

Last edited:

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
Hi guys.
I am using a kayfun lite+ with 28ga wire coil at 1.6 ohm and sterile cotton as wick.
However, i do encounter burnt taste sometime. Can you guys advise me why there are burnt taste? Is it because of too little cotton or too much cotton.
Appreciate yours advise.

Thanks

Agree with kryxwee, the wick is not juice up which give u the burnt taste.

How long you been using the coil? Using it too long also will give u burnt taste.

The juice you used also may affect the duration of the coil and wick you use cause some juice not so watery due to it flavor or VG/PG ratio. If you get what I mean too.

lucryj

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
SEA
Hi guys.
Appreciate yours advise.

Thanks

In addition to the points the others guys have mentioned, make sure when you build it, you pack the cotton in a way that the juice channels aren't blocked at all. Push it to a side and when you hold it up to the light, you should be able to see it clearly, this will ensure that juice has no problems coming in to the chamber and soaking the cotton!

18sign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Prison Land
Hi guys.
Appreciate yours advise.

Thanks

Most likely your cotton is too much. For me my kayfuns' cotton wicks are short, I cut them just nice at the juice channels so the ends of the cotton is touching the juice channels. it may look like very little cotton but it wicks well even at .8 ohm build. No burn taste so far.

Last edited:

18sign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Prison Land
Thanks for all the advices from you guys.

I change my cotton wick in every 2 to 3 days or whenever i change the juices. I will also do a dry burn on the coil while changing the wick.
I will change the coil once a week.

Well actually you don't have to change that often, unless u using those strong tasting ones like cinnamon, flavor muted or experience burn taste.

imo 2 weeks once would be decent on a well built coil. every 2-3 days kinda extreme haha

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Well actually you don't have to change that often, unless u using those strong tasting ones like cinnamon, flavor muted or experience burn taste.

imo 2 weeks once would be decent on a well built coil. every 2-3 days kinda extreme haha

He meant he rewicks every 2 to 3 days, recoils every week NOT recoil every 2 to 3 days.

IMO, it's all up to the user, the juices used, wattage/voltage fired, Atty used, etc. Don't sweat it. As long as you're comfortable with the routine, there's no rule that has to be adhered to.

mistshooter

May 22, 2014
LePrison
Enjoying vaping & analogue free for 2 weeks now. Impress at how immediate the change was, and damn piss at the ban...

Vape at home, family dun mind, Vape at office, nobody knows(yet). Consider putting a humidifier on my desk to extra disguise the vapor. Currently using holding breath method & blowing into a flexible piping (dia 8mm) link to a empty box (too bad i cant post pics yet). Maybe can miniaturize using bottle & straw. and use N95 masks at the bottom to filter. haven try yet. but think the vapor will pass the mask.. haha Not ready to risk vaping outside even at smoking point, $500 = provari!

Last week just reworked my vivi nova 3.5ml to solve leaking problem. Now very happy where I work cause got access to so many tools & equipment for my new found hobby.

Hope to build up more post, know more "people" & acquire more toys. :D

18sign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Prison Land
Just did a 2.7 ohm coil and vaping it at 4.0v - 4.5v.

It kinda my sweet spot but is draining my juice fast, anyone know a better build which can get the same effect of cool vape yet won't drain my juice that fast?

Bro using a regulated mod? if so maybe can try a 1.6 ohm coil and vape at 3.1 - 3.3v? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread