Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I've looked and haven't found any discussions on this:

It's been said that Joye doesn't invent anything and only copies whatever they produce for other companies branding as their own. IE: The Ovale Emini and Joye Eroll. I like the Joye Ego CC with the Joy Type A atty. Does anyone know if they are copies and, if so, what product they've copied?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I've looked and haven't found any discussions on this:

It's been said that Joye doesn't invent anything and only copies whatever they produce for other companies branding as their own. IE: The Ovale Emini and Joye Eroll. I like the Joye Ego CC with the Joy Type A atty. Does anyone know if they are copies and, if so, what product they've copied?

I can't find it now, but I remember an article a while back that said some thing similar to this. It said other companies would get Joye to manufacture a product for them, and Joye would steal the idea. I don't know how true that was.

J.R.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
There's a pretty big thread where it was talked about. A couple of posters said they have contractually worked with Chinese companies and its standard practice to have a clause in the contract granting them these branding rights. I, personally, questioned why any company, for instance Ovale, would agree to that and was told it was because they knew they would be ripped off in a very short time anyway so they may as well make a few extra bucks on the front end writing the contract that way. I was told Joye, in particular, doesn't write contracts any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread