Joye LR306 HARD to draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
So I picked up 10 306LR's from Health Cabin during their sale. The atty's work, but they are SO hard to draw from. Any suggestions on how to open them up a tad? My Reo just doesn't like them and I can get them to work on my vv @ 4.2 with some huffing and puffing, but not liking the half to for this. Suggestions?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
There's two things that you can do to get more airflow for your Joye LR 306's. First you can heat up a paper clip to the point to where it's REAL hot. Then use it to open up the air holes that are located at the atomizer connection. Another way is to use a small drill bit and drill them bigger. This will allow more airflow when you want to take a drag. It's also a solution to the problem that some i06 users have as well. Hope that helps.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
Oh the paperclip idea is a good one Wash and I know you where joking. I can't complain really about the price I got them for :0) on the 5o% sale. I"m one of those people who should NOT handle electric tools bigger than a razor, even then it's questionable and I'd stay cord length away from me :0).

And I agree with you Jaz on the shoe comment!

I got these to try a different manufacturer of 306's. I'll try the paperclip idea, then drop them in the classi's if it doesn't work. Well minus the one I work with!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I can imagine how cheap they were if you bought them in bulk. I probably would've got some if I knew about the sale. Anyways, it's totally understandable. I personally haven't done the drilling part yet since, I have no way to hold the atty secure when I drill it. Plus, I don't have a dremel.

Oh the paperclip idea is a good one Wash and I know you where joking. I can't complain really about the price I got them for :0) on the 5o% sale. I"m one of those people who should NOT handle electric tools bigger than a razor, even then it's questionable and I'd stay cord length away from me :0).

And I agree with you Jaz on the shoe comment!

I got these to try a different manufacturer of 306's. I'll try the paperclip idea, then drop them in the classi's if it doesn't work. Well minus the one I work with!

Bassmanspiff

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Mount Carmel Illinois
I know this is late in the game, but I got 4 Joye 306LRs from RTD and was having the same hard draw problem. Tried everything, soaking, routing out the airholes, trying to draw as hard as i could. Nothing. Finally i took one of my filling syringes and just shoved it up the center airhole and wiggled it and pressed up a few times. Popped it back on my reo and a nice smooth draw as it should be. I'm not sure if something was just out of place inside or what, but it worked. saved me from throwing them to the bottom of the box and buying some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread