Joye Stick V3 & 801 Atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

snitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got my new Joye Stick V3 from Heaven Gifts today. I love it, & it works great with the 302 atty that came in the pack, but I cant seem to get 801 attys to work on it. Arrrgghh!

It clearly says that Pen-Style attys are compatible. I have tried the ones from HG that I ordered with it, & some Totally Wicked ones too. No joy. I tested the attys on my Janty Kissbox beforehand & they worked fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

Lit

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Bangkok
Probably the bridge in the atty is too low.
It doesn't touch the filter in the cartridge.

Try to pull out filter a little bit and test it.
If it produces vapor, that it's the case.

I had that problem too. Now I use 510 adapter
to use with 510 atomizer. It works great and
won't have any leaking problem any more.

Last edited:

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Snitter -

Unless your atty is totally dead staple method will help.

"Like other penstyle device owners, I have run across an atomizer that will not mate properly with a power source connector...."

Read the rest of the story here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-center-conductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html.

It is a good idea to have a multimeter to check your batts voltage or to check your attys.
The resistance of penstyle attys should be around 3.5 Ohms, if it reads "0" or more than "5" ohms you can throw them away.

Edit: Read Jim Davis's sticky http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7-ecf-troubleshooting-guide-revision-3-a.html, particularly "Bad Battery to Atomizer Connection" section on his "E-cig Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3" pdf file

Last edited:

snitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
SOLVED IT!!

Just prise the centre pole (+) at the bottom of the atty up a bit. It only took a tiny bit & it now works fine. The + must not have been connecting properly.

I had a few TW attys that I thought were DOA & tried this with them. They work fine now too!! Hurrah!!

There ya go. "Ta da!"

Have a go

M.

P.S. Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
That was going to be my next suggestion. :D

Just kidding. Glad you found the solution. This problem and that solution has been reported in 3 or 4 other cases that I've noticed so far in recent days. I wonder if the atty connectors in the V3 sticks are slightly more recessed than previous batches, or if there are some batches of atty floating around that have this problem (I've seen mention of that recently too). Something for Janty to keep an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread