Joye Stick V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
Nietzc
Thanks for the reply. Yes, its the 801 atty. Low, wide bridge. Sometimes it will make a popping sound when vaping it, then work even better for 2 more vapes, then drop off, then nothing.
Great hits when I dip, but I didn't buy it for that purpose.
I only have the 1 atty (another 1 on way) so I can't compare it to anything yet. I also have the adapters on order as I have plenty of 510 items.
I really like the size and everything else, I just want to get it working right and I thought it would be better due to the larger cart size as I am a heavy vaper. Again thanks for the help.
RS

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
you're very welcome smurf. Well, I just got very dissapointed with the 801, I mean when it vaped it was great, very in the middle between a 501 and a 901 but I bought that penstyle cause of the cartridge size, you know "I will fill this gigantic cart and forget about it the next few hours" but that didn't happened, it was very leaky or very bad at wicking.

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
I ran into some 510 atty problems (stupid ring ones) and would always run out of juice/battery in the middle no where so I figured the same thing. Try the stick...bigger battery and cart. Now I find out I can't take this anywhere because its tough to drip at 65mph or take 5 vapes and be done or cart leaking all over and flooding out the atty.
I was beginning to think my noob learning curve was going downhill.
Time to experiment here as it can't be worse. Thanks again and I'll keep all updated on this thing. (or the closest mile marker to where it landed)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hi Smurf, which atty are you using? 801? cause the stick is fabricated to use this atty (or a BE112). My experience with penstyle atty is that they are bad at wicking when it comes to cartridge and I didn't find the answer in any cart mod that I tried, so maybe you should get an adapter and use it with a 510 or a 901 (I don't know if the stick can be used with a cartomizer)

hope that helps
Yes they can.

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
I'm waiting for battery ends to come in and I am going to adapters to fit my 510 and 901 atty and 808 carts. You know them solar light pole things (silver poles). Same size as a battery tube. I stole one from my wife to make the extensions.
I have tried the PTB in the cart in the 801 and it has been working much better. I also have 2 different size carts. One is slightly larger and longer. I am running that now with the same atty that was giving me fits and its working much better. Every now and then I have to pull the cart out take a vape off the tube, put cart back on and its good to go. I am lasting almost 1/2 day, then add 4 drops in cart and other 1/2. There is hope here yet.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
I'm guessing that you can use them with the 901 adapter :confused:
I'm guessing that too, but I foresee a couple problems. It looks like the atty connector is recessed pretty far into the box. If you use one of the short (1/4") 801-901 adapters, would a cartomizer stick far enough out of the v3 to get your lips around it? Would you be able to remove the adapter without needle nose pliers? The OP posted pics of his V3 with a 901 adapter protruding from the top - where did he get such a long 801-901 adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread