Joye Stick V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublexl85

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Tacoma, Washington
I was considering buying the Joye Stick, but have been getting mixed reviews on it. I use Joye 510s now I have a few of them and enjoy them, but want more battery life. Does anyone know how the Stick compares to the 510 (Vapor Production, Throat hit, battery life, Maint. etc)? I want to order it next Monday if I do decide to get it, any advice really helps, Thanks in advance. :)

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
The stick is the Janty design, has always been made by Joye. If you're gonna buy one, buy the V3. The stick is basically an 801 with a bigger battery (avg life, about 4 hours), that recharges in one hour and has a passthrough function built in. If you like how an 801 vapes, you'll love the stick, pretty much no matter who's brand is on it.

The 510 atty runs hotter, thus produces warmer vapor and, IMO, thicker vapor. Some say more flavor too, but much of this is subjective. You really can't go wrong with either, just depends on what you want the most.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Well I definitely have plenty of 510 atties, Thanks for the info guys. Definitely helps. I think I'll spend the $60 and pick one up. Not a lot to lose if there are any problems anyway.

Actually if you brave enough you can go for V2 which is on clearance at East Mall - Stick Manual - Starter Kit & 100ml e-Liquid Deal - Clearance Items - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd for $67 + shipping

They are throwing in 5X20 ml (100 ml total) juice of your choice for free and for extra $6 you can get 2X30 ml(60 m totall) of inflavored 36mg juice of your choice PG/VG.

Look at it as you are getting 160 ml of juice for $67 + $6 = $73 (plus S/H) and you get an extra JS V2 for free.

Just a thought...

Last edited:

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Health Cabin now has the stick body for $30 for those of you who already own the V1 or V2 and and just want to upgrade to the new version.

Thanks for that info. I just ordered a full kit from Janty which I don't think will make it to me before I have to leave for China (Friday). So, I ordered a V3 body from HC and have asked them to deliver it to my hotel in Shenzhen (thanks Amy). We'll see how that goes. If nothing goes to plan, I'm still bringing several V2 sticks with me.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
In the first picture from the OP - the one that looks gray is the black one, and the one that looks black is the gray one, right? It's a funny optical illusion, because at first I was puzzled. Took me a while, since in the first pic the "black" one was bigger, but then in the second pic the black one was smaller.

A good example of the evils of flash photography...

Last edited:

legalsea

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
I received my Joye Stick V3 from Heaven's Gifts yesterday. I have mixed feelings about it thus far for this reason: it will not produce vapor UNLESS you drip; then it you get truly great vapor.

However, as soon as the ejuice dries out, nothing (save for the nasty metallic taste). I used the prefilled carts that came with the V3: nothing. I used my own 801 carts that I topped off myself: nothing. I switched out atomizers: nothing.

Only with dripping am I getting vapor. The only thing I can think of is that the 801 carts are too short for the atomizer to work. However, it seems to work for others.

I am not morally opposed to dripping. Since I have two V2 Joye Sticks, I guess I will keep the V3 and simply use it when I want to drip and get a great throat hit. However, any suggestions on why it refuses to vape without dripping would be appreciated.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Nope. Still no vapor. Only when dripping. I am uncertain whether to ship it back

not sure about the carts being too short (I will go back and compare the carts the v3 came with and some really old 801 carts i have)... I only drip, but I do know back when I used carts that they are a big PITA.... also you might want to try another atty model or an attycart mod.... I don't think it is necessary to ship back the v3 unless you just don't like the 801 model.... EDIT of course you can get adapters for the JS to allow you to use other atty types

there is nothing wrong with your unit its self... if it works while dripping then the device is doing what it is suppose to and thats activating the atty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread