Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
In the first picture from the OP - the one that looks gray is the black one, and the one that looks black is the gray one, right? It's a funny optical illusion, because at first I was puzzled. Took me a while, since in the first pic the "black" one was bigger, but then in the second pic the black one was smaller.

A good example of the evils of flash photography...

I didn't use a flash - and the colors were correct. I flipped the units over to show both sides: The V2 is black on one side and silver on the other. Compared to the black on the V2 the V3 does look a little "gray".

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
banjo man: it looks like you are showing your collection of many. Do you get good hits off of which ones? I have 901 and 801. both require strong drag to get a good hit and even then it quickly slows to not so good a hit

That's because of two things: 1: auto-batteries & 2: low mAh batteries.

Auto-batteries require you to "suck" on the mouthpiece to activate the battery, which of course is going to make for a harder draw. Low mAh batteries drop off pretty quick and need constant changing. Any Mod with a pushbutton switch and high mAh battery is going to give you better hit and more vapor for a longer period of time. It's one reason the Chucks are so popular. My Little Chuck can take up to a 1200mAh battery, which lasts more than 6 1/2 times longer than a factory 901 battery.

legalsea

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Well, my V3 Joye stick was simply a dud. It went from vaping only if I dripped, to nothing at all (yes, I changed atomizers, batteries, etc). Heaven Gifts is mailing me and new one (I mailed the old one back to them). This is the first time I had any issue with any of their products; however, they did answer my emails quickly and said they were putting the new one in the mail.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Well, my V3 Joye stick was simply a dud. It went from vaping only if I dripped, to nothing at all (yes, I changed atomizers, batteries, etc). Heaven Gifts is mailing me and new one (I mailed the old one back to them). This is the first time I had any issue with any of their products; however, they did answer my emails quickly and said they were putting the new one in the mail.

Wow sorry to hear that. Any idea what went wrong with it?

Are you going to send the old one back?

legalsea

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Wow sorry to hear that. Any idea what went wrong with it?

Are you going to send the old one back?

I did send the old one back; they gave me an address and I stuck it in a padded envelope.

When I first received the V3 Joye it would not vape unless you dripped. No matter how moist you got the cart, there would be no vapor but just a harsh, metallic taste. I tried several atomizers, batteries, etc. all to no avail. Heaven's Gifts advised me to use a bamboo stick (which I did not actually have) and see if the bottom connection (where the battery goes in) was loose, but it was not. Soon, the V3 would not even vape while dripping.

Heaven's Gift wrote me that they were placing a replacement V3 in the mail, and asked me, if possible, to mail back the old one (no requirement to send it back first). Of course, I went ahead and mailed it back to them.

I will say that, while it worked (while dripping) it gave a very, very satisfactory smoke. I look forward to getting the replacement one (fortunately, I still have two V2 Joye sticks, and lots of 801s).

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I did send the old one back; they gave me an address and I stuck it in a padded envelope.

When I first received the V3 Joye it would not vape unless you dripped. No matter how moist you got the cart, there would be no vapor but just a harsh, metallic taste. I tried several atomizers, batteries, etc. all to no avail. Heaven's Gifts advised me to use a bamboo stick (which I did not actually have) and see if the bottom connection (where the battery goes in) was loose, but it was not. Soon, the V3 would not even vape while dripping.

Heaven's Gift wrote me that they were placing a replacement V3 in the mail, and asked me, if possible, to mail back the old one (no requirement to send it back first). Of course, I went ahead and mailed it back to them.

I will say that, while it worked (while dripping) it gave a very, very satisfactory smoke. I look forward to getting the replacement one (fortunately, I still have two V2 Joye sticks, and lots of 801s).

I see that Heaven-gifts has put something about that on the product page for the V3 now. I've read that some people were having trouble with certain 801 attys but I hadn't heard of problems with the supplied attys (which I think are 302's). The stuff I've been reading about the 801 attys recommended pulling up the wire wick slightly so it would make contact with the bottom of the cart. Sorry you had the problem...

3n-out

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Texas
3nout, when you say it hits pretty good, are you comparing it favorably with knowledge of how well other models hit?

I have the Janty Version of the stick V3. I only have a mini to compare it to. It hits pretty good, but I have learned that a good slow drawl gets the best hit out of this thing. If you try to really hit it hard you really don't get anything. It's a great device for me since I spend so much time behind the computer I can enjoy it "slowly". If you know what I mean.

Libertysf

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
SF Bay Area
I posted this in the Janty thread but thought I would also put it here.

I have had my Joye Stick V3 for a little over a week and I really like it. The rubberized feel is just great and because of its size it fits my hand and in my pocket easy and because of the texture it doesn't fall out. I actually like this form better than the pen style or the 510.

This is my first venture up from my 510, KR8, BE112 and I use it almost exclusively now. Of course the battery life is longer than the 510 with the rechargeable cheap 10440's but the thing I like best is using it with the included Joye302 & my BE112 atty's and carts with the nice whistle tips. These hold about 4 times as much liquid as the 510's and last much longer. I usually carry a couple of extra batteries, BE112 carts and also can use the 12v USB wire to use in my car if the batteries run out.

legalsea

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
I see that Heaven-gifts has put something about that on the product page for the V3 now. I've read that some people were having trouble with certain 801 attys but I hadn't heard of problems with the supplied attys (which I think are 302's). The stuff I've been reading about the 801 attys recommended pulling up the wire wick slightly so it would make contact with the bottom of the cart. Sorry you had the problem...

Thanks for the information. Here is what they write on the website:

"We are sorry that you met such problem.

Each item worked well under our test before shipping. There is off chance that it is DOA.

Sometimes the battery and atomizer aren't so compatible with each other, you need to adjust their terminal connection.The atomizer terminal may have been pushed down in the rubber seat so it isn't reaching the battery terminal. Please try using a bamboo skewer and wiggling the atomizer brass terminal out of its rubber seat carefully a little bit by sticking the pointed end in the atomizer hole. It is the same with the battery.

We appreciate your time and effort to fix by yourself first."

However, when I received the unit I was using the atomizer that came with it. Again, little vapor (save for a rather harsh, metallic taste) UNLESS I dripped. After a fruitless day of endeavor I decided to try one of my own 801 atomizers, with exactly the same result.

However, I was satisfied with dripping until it quit responding even to that.

I will be interested to see if the new one (which has not yet arrived) works.

snitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
First off, I think the new V3 stick is awesome. I ordered one a few weeks ago from HG & I can't get enough of it.

It was me that solved the atty problem for HG which resulted in the new post on their site. I couldn't get any 801's to work on it, but they all worked on my Janty Kissbox. If you look at the connector inside the V3, it looks a lot lower than the V2 (I just got a V2 body from Janty France for £12 in their sale!).

After a little bit of poking around with the centre post of the atty, they work fine. It must only be a miniscule amount that you need to move it, as they seem to keep working fine once you have loosened it.

For me, the V3 is the perfect PV for the following reasons.

1. It is very tactile. The black rubberised coating feels great. It doesnt feel that it will slip out of your hand at all.
2. You can use it without anyone seeing you. Useful in cinemas etc.
3. It fits perfectly in your pocket. Very compact.
4. Battery life is fine. The USB passthrough/charger makes it so that you can top-up your battery virtually anywhere. Plug it into a USB charger in the car, your PC at home or work.
5. The build quality feels great. I just hope it lasts.
6. Great vapour & hit. Works just fine for me with an 801 & Ecopure Rich 24mg.

All in all, its my absolute fave PV. I cant get enough of it. Superb. Cheap too!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread