Joye vs Smoktek eGo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevelle66

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento
Is there any reason to spend more for the joyetech eGo?
I am planning on getting the smoktek ego carto deluxe from Liberty Flights, as the price is right and i only use cartos
One of my Joye 510s stopped working and I want yo upgrade, so I need to order asap.
Also, can someone explain the cone thing to me? Regular cartos will work with both the joye and smoktek cones right? Anybody have a pic of an ego and crto without the cone? Thanks!

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I've never used the smoktek ego, but if it's a true 3.7 volt battery that would be a reason to chose it over the Joye (3.2 is pretty pathetic vape wise).

Joye stuff mights have a better warranty and/or quality control, being big and around so long. Sorry I can help with general reliability or compatibility. If they call it an EGO it should all be compatible.

The cones are not really necessary and do restrict air flow a bit. It doesn't look that bad without one especially if the carto is black. They are cosmetic and can protect against leaking if that's a problem. I bought them but never really used them, too much trouble and more to clean.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I would go with the Smoketek kit and LR cartomizers. (2.0 ohm). I bought four of the Smoketek batteries back in December, and they are working just fine.

Can't say for sure if all cones will fit all cartos. Mine were pretty tight and some of the cones just wouldn't fit over the carto at all without reaming the end of the cone a bit. As Juicejunky mentioned, they are just one more thing to clean. And another thing to remove when you need to recharge the batts.

So now, I don't use the cones either. They look pretty okay with stainless cartos too.

Last edited:

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
Liberty flight carto edition settups have a cone with a wider hole than a normal ego cone. I say get the smok tech and liberty flights is a good vender to go with. they ship fast, have good prices and answer all my dumb questions. also don't forget to get the 20% discount they offer. besides that you are in the same state as them so you will get your stuff super quick...I live half way across the country and get stuff from them in about 2 or 3 days.

Last edited:

Chevelle66

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento
Just an update, I went with a Smok ego passthrough, and it burned out the first use. Melted plastic came out when I pulled the charger out the tip and wreaks of burnt plastic. Now I gotta ship it back for store credit to madvapes. Now I'm really wary of smok products :unsure:
I really wanted a 3.7v, but I don't see anything that's 3.7 like an eGo :(

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I've been using Joyetech ego batteries since they came out without problems....some in use for well over a year and still going. I don't buy the kits any more though, I have found I prefer stardust/vision clearomizers to the standard Ego tanks and atomizers that come in the ego-T kits. Have not tried the Ego-C cartridge though.

dmina425

Feb 15, 2012
LaFayette, GA
I bought an eGo Mega DCC kit from Nashville Vapor (nashvillevapor.com) about 4 months ago. I love the batteries that came with it, 900mah, but I have gone away from the mega DCC's and found a great combo with a mega carto and cone. Thinking about trying out the stardust v2 over the short wick because I tend to chain vape.

btw: I'm not affilited with Nashville Vapor just a customer; although, good customer service and fast delivery deserves a little plug every now and then.

wseternmd

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
westernport, md
I am a joyetech user and I love them. I have never had any trouble with them at all. If you are looking for a 3.7 or higher vape I suggest trying the new joyetech vv 1000mah batt system. I just ordered one for a back up. It will be a back up to my new provari that should be here thursday. Cant wait for both of em to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread