Carpenters who vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
Hi I was wondering what devices my fellow vaping carpenters have in their bags while at work. I mostly have been using 808d's but am really getting tired of their weak performance. I also own a kgo, ego twist and am looking to get a jazz carto pipe in a couple of weeks. My best vape is with my kgo and 3.5 ml smoktek tank with a 1.7 ohm carto, but I am afraid to bring to work because I dont want to accidentally empty the tank onto my tools. I plan on buying some new mods in the next month so let me know what works for you.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Hi I was wondering what devices my fellow vaping carpenters have in their bags while at work. I mostly have been using 808d's but am really getting tired of their weak performance. I also own a kgo, ego twist and am looking to get a jazz carto pipe in a couple of weeks. My best vape is with my kgo and 3.5 ml smoktek tank with a 1.7 ohm carto, but I am afraid to bring to work because I dont want to accidentally empty the tank onto my tools. I plan on buying some new mods in the next month so let me know what works for you.

I'm old school and use a stock Riva510. I keep a spare battery with me just in case, but have rarely had to use it. I keep the Riva in a small leather pouch just to keep it clean. Lasts all day and takes a beating like you wouldn't believe. Also, it's a ton smaller than a mod, so that factors in for me as well. Good luck!

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
I'm old school and use a stock Riva510. I keep a spare battery with me just in case, but have rarely had to use it. I keep the Riva in a small leather pouch just to keep it clean. Lasts all day and takes a beating like you wouldn't believe. Also, it's a ton smaller than a mod, so that factors in for me as well. Good luck!

yeah using a riva or any other ego/ego clone might be the way to go but I would like to use a big battery mod at work. I do custom leatherwork so making a case to slide onto my belt would be no problem. I might have to check out the classifieds to see if I can pick up something with a few dings and dents. thanks for your input

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I would suggest a Mad Vapes gripper Gripper , 20 bucks and vapes great with a LR single coil XL carto. Or you can use a long 510-510 extension and use a eGo style tank or other tank.

Gripper on the left, SD keychain mod on the right

stealthmods.jpg
gripper.jpg

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
I would suggest a Mad Vapes gripper Gripper , 20 bucks and vapes great with a LR single coil XL carto. Or you can use a long 510-510 extension and use a eGo style tank or other tank.

Gripper on the left, SD keychain mod on the right

stealthmods.jpg
gripper.jpg

the gripper would be great just for the price. I am a framer for the most part and that can rough on anything I carry. My first criteria for buying a tool is can it survive a two or three story drop. I understand that I wont find a mod like that but for twenty bucks it wouldnt be as bad as dropping a provari or darwin. The only worry I had about the gripper was the recessed connection getting filled with juice, sawdust and dirt.

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
I am too a carpenter, and Vivi Nova 2.5 + LavaTube go during the day! leather case around your neck and no more problem , only vape :thumbs:

I have been looking at lavatube or vmax but have read alot things about them that turn me off. specifically the low amperage switches they use causing the voltage protection to kick in and the device only putting out 3.7 volts no matter how you have set it.

Eagle Talon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2012
Budapest
the gripper would be great just for the price. I am a framer for the most part and that can rough on anything I carry. My first criteria for buying a tool is can it survive a two or three story drop. I understand that I wont find a mod like that but for twenty bucks it wouldnt be as bad as dropping a provari or darwin. The only worry I had about the gripper was the recessed connection getting filled with juice, sawdust and dirt.

Smoktech_newest_design_Telescope_e_cig_Mod.jpg

The most versatile mechanical MOD. nothing electronics inside

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
Landscape/hardscape construction, here. I carry a modified VmodXL w/ Kick and 18650. Lasts all day. If you're not too hung-up on wattage, I'd say a stock Vmod XL is affordable, rugged and dependable. Never had a leak from mine. Pocket-friendly, too!

Thats a cool looking mod I definately wanted to try out a bottom feeder in future. Does it put out good vapor.

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
My brother's a finish carpenter and carries a REO Grand. I work with rocks and also use a REO. They're nice because it's easy to clean the dust/grime off of them at the end of the day- just wash them in the sink, and they do survive in some pretty brutal conditions.

Mine has taken a 6 foot drop onto marble with no trouble after I replaced the snapped cart. There are all sorts of REO survival stories- including a guy who dropped his in a river, blew out the atty and kept on vaping.

I don't know about Vmods- at the time I bought my REO they were the only really solid bottom feeders on the market. I stick with the brand because they're gorgeous, and tough. I KNOW they're just going to work.

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
My brother's a finish carpenter and carries a REO Grand. I work with rocks and also use a REO. They're nice because it's easy to clean the dust/grime off of them at the end of the day- just wash them in the sink, and they do survive in some pretty brutal conditions.

Mine has taken a 6 foot drop onto marble with no trouble after I replaced the snapped cart. There are all sorts of REO survival stories- including a guy who dropped his in a river, blew out the atty and kept on vaping.

I don't know about Vmods- at the time I bought my REO they were the only really solid bottom feeders on the market. I stick with the brand because they're gorgeous, and tough. I KNOW they're just going to work.

Reos seem to be popular and they look like they are tough well built mods but I have never tried a bottom feeder before and I was kind of leary spending 150 on a style of a device that might no suit me. It might be the perfect mod for work. From what I have seen they seem like a solid chunk of aluminum with just enough milled out for electronics and bottle. Damn near bulletproof. thanks for the advice

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield

I imagine with some fiddling and modification, I know redundant, someone could get one of those custom copper pipe mods to survive a two or three story drop. At that though I would call anything attached to it a sacrifice such as Cartos, Clearos and Tanks.

May be padding the insides of the mod with the intentions of hardening the unit. Rubberized outside somehow to help in bounce back, or may be even a few coats of Rhino Lining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread