Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Congrats, can you compare both mods at same watts, and give us feedback concerning battery life, also if both hit the same or one hits stronger? Thanks
I have identical .36 ohm builds in two Billow V2's both at 35 watts and I'd say it would be hard to tell to difference by how they hit. Not surprising as they are both made by the same company.

As for battery life that will be a little tougher as the istick doesn't count seconds. It would be just a guess on my part but I've been vaping it pretty heavy for 4 hours and the battery bar has barely moved (Samsung green 25r's). I have the feeling that battery life will be better in the istick.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Just got an Istick TC100w and man I think I like it just a tiny bit more than the cuboid. Awesome device and I love the fire button!

3cbb779653fd506c08cd150a5fd8dfa5.jpg
Funny, I've been contemplating picking either one of these up for a stealth carry setup. I got an evic vtc mini, but 75w is just not enough. I run fused claptons around 80-85w.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
I don't use my Cuboid anymore. Battery life is horrible even with LG HG2's. I believe my VT200 had better battery life. That is speculation but it sure did seem like it. Right now I have the istick 100 TC and I have been getting a almost 2 days out of it. To me the istick is lighter and feels better in the hand and way more comfortable to fire. The cuboid just felt like a brick with rough edges that was awkward to fire. I am a little let down on this effort by Joyetech. The SS has scratches on the body right out of the box, paint chips or wears off real easy, my battery door would allow the mod to wobble when placed down, poor battery life, reported atomizer shorts, certain atomizers have gaps :nah: I know it's a cheap mod and people are gonna buy it for it to be a beater etc but out of the RX200, Evic Mini, istick 100 TC I think the Cuboid isn't as solid as the other 3.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I've been running a dual coil TFV4 (40w/420F) on mine and getting +1600 puff counter before recharging.

If I know that I'm not going to use it for a while I'll cycle it off. It does seem a bit weak on battery life. I plan on vaping on it all day Saturday and see how long it lasts. As a control I was able to get 1 day +1 morning out of a IPV4S with the same type of LG HG2 batteries.

And NO, I realize it is not 'scientific'. Personally if I can get a full day or more out of a dual battery mod I'm happy. (+18hrs of intermittent use)

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    www.whichgun.com
    From the device being off turn on with 10 clicks instead of just 5 and it will display the devices temp I believe in Celsius

Got it. Thanks! That isn't in the manual; neither is the screen to show you the exact voltage of each battery (hold all three buttons down while powered off) or displaying the firmware version (20 clicks on the fire button while powered off).

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    I don't use my Cuboid anymore. Battery life is horrible even with LG HG2's. I believe my VT200 had better battery life. That is speculation but it sure did seem like it. Right now I have the istick 100 TC and I have been getting a almost 2 days out of it. To me the istick is lighter and feels better in the hand and way more comfortable to fire. The cuboid just felt like a brick with rough edges that was awkward to fire. I am a little let down on this effort by Joyetech. The SS has scratches on the body right out of the box, paint chips or wears off real easy, my battery door would allow the mod to wobble when placed down, poor battery life, reported atomizer shorts, certain atomizers have gaps :nah: I know it's a cheap mod and people are gonna buy it for it to be a beater etc but out of the RX200, Evic Mini, istick 100 TC I think the Cuboid isn't as solid as the other 3.
    Just got an Istick TC100w and man I think I like it just a tiny bit more than the cuboid. Awesome device and I love the fire button!

3cbb779653fd506c08cd150a5fd8dfa5.jpg
    Happy to read these posts. It was a toss up between the TC100 and the Cuboid for me. I went with the TC100 because I am leery on how well the battery door will hold up on the Cuboid.

I cannot find a thread for the TC100. Can someone link me in the right direction please?

Edit : Initially had the wrong quote. Sorry about that.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Does charging batteries in mod varies than in external charger? Would an external charger charge it more? Or perhaps cuboid charges batteries less?

Oddly the manual recommends using an external charger however they included an internal one with the device.

While the battery door makes for a quick and easy battery swap, I'll almost always use the internal charger if available. It is reasonable to estimate that due to the possible limited charge current that standard USB provides that the charging will take longer via USB vs an external charger.

I've used countless USB devices over the years and have yet to break any of the USB ports. Then again I don't leave them in situations where the device or cord might accidentally be stressed ether.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Happy to read these posts. It was a toss up between the TC100 and the Cuboid for me. I went with the TC100 because I am leery on how well the battery door will hold up on the Cuboid.

I cannot find a thread for the TC100. Can someone link me in the right direction please?

Edit : Initially had the wrong quote. Sorry about that.
    The battery door is just as well built as the rest of the cuboid. I don't have the slightest fear that it will wear out, break or fail. It's really a toss up for me, the Cuboid and the TC100W are both excellent devices. Either one would make you very happy.

Mist_intheWind

Jan 8, 2016
    I've had move for about a month now, and so far I can't report too much fault in it. The battery door is snug, I have no worries about it falling off or coming loose. The battery life isn't as good as I'd hoped with two LG HG2s, but I credit that to my using the internal charger. (because sadly my external charger pulled a vanishing act. :( ) And I still get a full day of steady vaping out of it. Not to mention that if you're in a pinch it functions as a passthrough, so if you're out without spare batteries you can plug it in and still use it. (Short term only though, the device tends to get pretty hot doing this.)

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Is it real that battery life in a parallel regulated device will be same in series regulated device? In other words, would istick 100w tc have same battery life as cuboid?

I too am interested in the answer to you're question. My Cuboid gets Half again (at best) more batt. life than my VTC mini (with 1 batt.) does (all else being equal).

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Is it real that battery life in a parallel regulated device will be same in series regulated device? In other words, would istick 100w tc have same battery life as cuboid?
    Yes, in theory at least. The chips will be doing slightly different work though (boosting vs bucking voltages etc) so the actual difference in runtime will depend on how efficiently the device does what it's supposed to do.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I too am interested in the answer to you're question. My Cuboid gets Half again (at best) more batt. life than my VTC mini (with 1 batt.) does (all else being equal).

I'll jump in....

In a perfect world it would not matter if the batteries are in parallel or series configuration as the switching power supply attached to the batteries has 0% loss while stepping up or down the voltage for the users requirement.

The only trouble is, we don't live in a perfect world. How well a series configuration can perform to allow it to have ~2x mAH a single battery configuration depends not only on what it is powering but how efficient the power supply is at stepping up (or down) the voltage to the chosen level. While there might be "sweet spots" where the power supply will operate at a higher efficiency (less losses) there are also the inverse where higher losses occur.

Since power loss generates heat, the lack of efficiency should warm up the mod in use as the heat has to go some where. (as a data point, a few pulls on a cold Cuboid with a TFV4 (dual coil) mounted results in the TFV4 getting noticeably warm but the mod is cool to the touch)

In any case, the Cuboid ought to last longer than a single battery mod but depending on the power level it is operated at it may perform equal, better or worse than a parallel battery configuration using the same power supply chip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread